We are Henry-fied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are Henry-fied

How much do you wager Henry, a nice but aging and totally unaggressive and unremarkable midfielder starts again today? How long will the madness continue on this front? CR prefers Henry to Sandro, to Faurlin, to Luongo, to Doughty, et alia. This would never fly under a seasoned manager prone to play who's not versus who's favored, who can see that the slow pace of our game time and again allows poor teams to look like PL stunners against us, that allows average players to look like superstars, that makes average coaches make ours look minor league. Enough, sit Henry, play Sandro and Luongo on the back, Fer, Phillips and Chery up front. And if we trail in the second half today, how bout another very radical tactic: play two strikers instead of taking our beat healthy one and substituting him with a less healthy, less skilled one? Rant over.

Not a rant and perfectly correct imo.

Henry is awful and clearly has compromising pictures of Ramsey or he would be sub for away games at best..... But the worst thing he is doing right now is not playing the kids. No reason why Furlong and Kpekawa aren't getting gametime (I know DF is out on loan) but I see this as one of the reasons he got the job fulltime cos he was getting kids on the pitch in the prem, where are they now?

Green, Perch, Konch, Henry could all be benched for younger and better players imo. #### knows why Ramsey doesn't.

Comment

I agree. At the very least it shows an utter lack of imagination, and a total disregard of the aim of this season: to develop the future. Green, Konch, Henry, Perch and Toszer are moving out to pasture; play them for injured Rangers when needed. I'd ask that they play Kpekewa, Furlong and Yun teamed with Onouha or Hill in the back; Luongo/Faurlin and Sandro as our defensive middies; Phillips Chery and either Fer/Luongo up top; JET or Charlie as striker. Then have Doughty and Blackwood at the ready for spot starts.

Comment

We need to play two strikers because one up doesn't work for us for two reasons. The team picked could have Chery and Fer or Chery and Phillips running past Charlie but they don't appear to have ever practised doing so - same as we don't appear to practise throw ins, corners, free kicks or Green's kicking. Secondly, with his back to goal Charlie's not that good. He doesn't win a lot of headers and the ball pings off him too often. His strength is bearing down on goal, so for me he's not a one up target man.

Comment

Think he will be dropped got a hunch

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            We need to play two strikers because one up doesn't work for us for two reasons. The team picked could have Chery and Fer or Chery and Phillips running past Charlie but they don't appear to have ever practised doing so - same as we don't appear to practise throw ins, corners, free kicks or Green's kicking. Secondly, with his back to goal Charlie's not that good. He doesn't win a lot of headers and the ball pings off him too often. His strength is bearing down on goal, so for me he's not a one up target man.
            Charlie is best as a target in the box. Have someone like Polter/Jet around to knock the ball down to him

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Charlie is best as a target in the box. Have someone like Polter/Jet around to knock the ball down to him
              Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.
                Or just have Fer do that and still play the 4231...
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Or just have Fer do that and still play the 4231...
                  That is sort of my point - they don't know how to play like that. No evidence so far this season. Not good enough to do it.

Comment

It baffles what Ramsey see's he had B Z doing that last season and had Charlie doing what he is good at scoring goals in the top div against top defenders and doesn't want to do it in a div that 2 up is best suited to

Comment

Soon as I see Henry dropped & Hill put in place of captain calamity at the back it'll confirm to me Warnock having his influence.

Comment

Watching Henry makes me angry and my blood pressure is already sky high. Please drop the cant.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          It baffles what Ramsey see's he had B Z doing that last season and had Charlie doing what he is good at scoring goals in the top div against top defenders and doesn't want to do it in a div that 2 up is best suited to
                          Some say charlie can't play up front on his own but he's got 7 bl00dy goals in 9 which is incredible.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

That is sort of my point - they don't know how to play like that. No evidence so far this season. Not good enough to do it.
                            But then we are just setting ourselves up for long term failure.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              But then we are just setting ourselves up for long term failure.
                              Unless we get a manager who can turn a bunch of players into a team of course.....

Comment

Working...
                              X