Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey speaks ahead of Wednesday on Tuesday

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ch...d-2752021.aspx

Changes expected for visit of the Owls to W12 ...

Ramsey looks ahead to Tuesday’s clash against Sheffield Wednesday
    Head Coach will make changes following Birmingham defeat
    Perch misses out owing to one-match suspension
    CHRIS Ramsey is calling on his players to bounce back from the disappointment of Saturday's defeat to Birmingham City when Sheffield Wednesday come to town on Tuesday night.

Such is the nature of the Sky Bet Championship, Ramsey's charges have the opportunity to put right the wrongs of Saturday's loss in the Midlands almost instantly - and the R's Head Coach is well aware of the need to respond in front of the Hoops faithful, insisting everyone needs to up their game.

"Les (Ferdinand) was right last week, we all need to up our game - and that includes me as the Head Coach," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

“Myself and Les, as well as the rest of the staff and players, are all working together to prevent the problems which are causing us to concede goals and consequently lose games at the moment.

"We know we've got to improve defensively and that's what we're striving to do.

"No one wants to improve our situation more than me, I can assure you of that."

Ramsey's decision to replace Jay Emmanuel-Thomas late on at St. Andrews on Saturday was met with disapproval by the Rangers supporters – but he insists it was in the best interests of the team, especially with two games in five days in W12.

He explained: "Jay picked up a knock on Friday in training, but felt fit enough to start on Saturday.

"The last thing we want to do is lose him for a while, especially with Charlie (Austin) currently sidelined."

James Perch's fifth yellow card of the season on Saturday means he'll serve a one-match ban against the Owls, whilst Gabriele Angella is also a doubt with a foot injury.

Ramsey added: "We'll have to shuffle the pack a bit.

“We’ve got players that can come in and compete for the shirt and I’m confident that whoever comes in will do a good job.”

Tuesday’s visitors Sheffield Wednesday have enjoyed a solid start to the season and head into the game on the back of a 1-1 draw versus Hull City at the weekend.

The Owls are one point and three places above the R’s in the table and Ramsey is well aware of the threat they’ll pose tomorrow evening.

“They’ve started well and will look to cause us problems,” said Ramsey.

“But we’ve got to focus on ourselves and if we start the game positively and get the basics right, which we’ve not done enough at home this season, I’ve every confidence in the lads to get the job done.”

See also ...
    Limited hospitality for Sheffield Wednesday and

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ch...maaqT3DLzbm.99

When I read this I do really pity him. Is it the supporters that make almost everything and everyone, on and off the pitch at QPR, a failure?
    Last edited by Shania; 19-10-2015, 07:57 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

To me, he's making noises, that he thinks we want to hear.
      It's obvious there'll be one change at least personnel wise, but what about system/tactics I wonder.
      I realise he won't and shouldn't broadcast this pre-match, but is he looking at these

Comment

Hoped he was talking about resigning ! Oh well we live in hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          When I read this I do really pity him. Is it the supporters that make almost everything and everyone, on and off the pitch at QPR, a failure?
          How would it be the supporters ?

Comment

Boring PR nothingness tbh.

Comment

Often says right things but proof is in the pudding. Send them out fired up organised and ready to go and don't think to many will complain if the appetite is their

But if they go out on back foot second to every ball and disorganised once again and he and the team deserve what they get

Comment

I can imagine the call from the club that was made to him on Sunday evening.
                "Chris, can you do an interview on Monday about Wednesday on Tuesday"
                No wonder the poor fu€ker doesn't know his head from his Harris.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                  I can imagine the call from the club that was made to him on Sunday evening.
                  "Chris, can you do an interview on Monday about Wednesday on Tuesday"
                  No wonder the poor fu€ker doesn't know his head from his Harris.

Comment

Working...
                  X