Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    But this isn't about different opinions. You stated this phrase exactly:

Now, how does a statement like that relate only to England players. You actually use the words WORLD CLASS. You realise that means it encompasses THE WORLD. Not just england. This has nothing to do with opinion. I've named for you two World Class players as examples. Roque Junior and Luizao won the 2002 world cup but they definitely were not world class players, nor was Simone barone who won in 2006. Look at the bl00dy greek team of 2004 which managed to win the euros, were they world class? Of course not, don't be ridiculous. Your statement was incorrect and then you tried to suggest I was in the wrong in this scenario.
    you actually went away and found all that out , i've never heard of roque junior , luizao, or simone watsisname . you really need to get a life i, it was that important for you to win your little " argument "

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
      indeed. Still failed to confirm his earlier comment. Do you class Ronaldo or Messi as world class players?

And yes, i'm fairly certain all football fans across the planet would class them as world class.
      Did you not read the title of the thread. ONLY ENGLAND PLAYERS PLEASE
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        you actually went away and found all that out , i've never heard of roque junior , luizao, or simone watsisname . you really need to get a life i, it was that important for you to win your little " argument "
        Exactly my point, you've never heard of them and yet there they are, winning the world cup. Does that make them world class?

Also, you know typing in watsisname takes longer than typing in Barone, which is actually a pretty easy name to type and remember.

Just to point out, I have a job in football, its my job to know some things and do research, doesn't mean I don't have a life and getting petty like that is a bit sad.

You still haven't answered the question R_I_G asked
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Exactly my point, you've never heard of them and yet there they are, winning the world cup. Does that make them world class?

Also, you know typing in watsisname takes longer than typing in Barone, which is actually a pretty easy name to type and remember.

Just to point out, I have a job in football, its my job to know some things and do research, doesn't mean I don't have a life and getting petty like that is a bit sad.

You still haven't answered the question R_I_G asked
          so you knew all those players off the top of your head and didn't need to use google

Comment

so you knew all those players off the top of your head and didn't need to use google
            answer the question as opposed to trying to belittle and argue with people.

Comment

Come on now chaps, let's make up and be friends!

Comment

I just said I do research. I remember Roque Junior but I looked at the squads to find the others. Answer his question.

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                  Come on now chaps, let's make up and be friends!
                  Once he answers the questions, gladly, we all support the same team, but as he said, this thread is about England, not QPR.

Comment

answer the question as opposed to trying to belittle and argue with people.
                    its called exchanging of opinions , and has nothing to do with you , i don't remember asking or inviting you to jump on any of my comments

Comment

its called exchanging of opinions , and has nothing to do with you , i don't remember asking or inviting you to jump on any of my comments
                      Ok i asked 3 times and as you are refusing to answer as the answer invalids your "opinion" we will just leave it there.

You are entitled to an opinion but in this case your opinion is wrong and you know it, which is why you wont answer a simple question.

Comment

Fair enough he isn't involved. So answer my question then because I am in this discussion with you.

Comment

I just said I do research. I remember Roque Junior but I looked at the squads to find the others. Answer his question.
                          Ok i asked 3 times and as you are refusing to answer as the answer invalids your "opinion" we will just leave it there.

You are entitled to an opinion but in this case your opinion is wrong and you know it, which is why you wont answer a simple question.
                          Ye gods! You two pedants really take the cake.

72bus's POINT was that England have not had any world class players in recent years (in his opinion) and he supported it with the fact that England have not won the World Cup since 1966. This is a perfectly valid point. He obviously slipped up with one of his posts because there are certainly World Class players who have not won the World Cup but it doesn't invalidate his main point or change the fact that World Class players often inspire their team to victory.

Get over it FFS.
                          Last edited by dsqpr; 14-10-2015, 04:39 AM.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            Ye gods! You two pedants really take the cake.

72bus's POINT was that England have not had any world class players in recent years (in his opinion) and he supported it with the fact that England have not won the World Cup since 1966. This is a perfectly valid point. He obviously slipped up with one of his posts because there are certainly World Class players who have not won the World Cup but it doesn't invalidate his main point or change the fact that World Class players often inspire their team to victory.

Get over it FFS.
                            You're mates getting told some facts and you can't help but defend? C'mon man its a debate here. You have done no criticism of anything he's said but call us pedants for disproving his point. How bout calling him out as a pedant for questioning RIG's grammar, or for not actually making any statement relevant to the conversation after the first 2 or 3 posts. Honestly, Its a bit ridiculous for you to give us flak when he spent most of this insulting or berating RIG and I. In general, you and I have many disagreements so I can't say I'm surprised that I get a call out here instead of 72 despite him being the only one not talking about anything football for most of this 'Slug it out'

Comment

You're mates getting told some facts and you can't help but defend? C'mon man its a debate here. You have done no criticism of anything he's said but call us pedants for disproving his point. How bout calling him out as a pedant for questioning RIG's grammar, or for not actually making any statement relevant to the conversation after the first 2 or 3 posts. Honestly, Its a bit ridiculous for you to give us flak when he spent most of this insulting or berating RIG and I. In general, you and I have many disagreements so I can't say I'm surprised that I get a call out here instead of 72 despite him being the only one not talking about anything football for most of this 'Slug it out'
                              You argue with everyone

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                You argue with everyone
                                He is a bit like a rash. I'd put ninja in a room with him and they could bore each other to death!
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X