Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    And i didnt even bother responding to those saying Luongo is no good.

Ridiculous statements made from Armchair fans as anyone at games can see he has been one of our most consistent performers this year. Hes on the Ballon'dor list!! (last bit in jest)
    Thank you. Luongo is a good player.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      You can have the other one back as well. Can't see the fuss about our luango. Too lightweight for centre midfield and can't shoot for toffee for number 10. No surprise a huge improvement with fer and Sandro back in the squad the gamble hasn't paid off on the league 2 players
      Luongo will develop into a top player for us. In order to do that, we need to set him alongside Sandro in the centre of midfield to hassle opponents on the ball. He can be a key player in the formation we're running.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
        Can't believe we spent 1.5 million on this guy, clearly was never good enough for us and isn't even that young anymore. Pretty much signed him on the basis of his performance in the play off semi final. What a waste of money.
        As a few have mentioned, I'm pretty sure Gladwin's fee was inflated to screw Spurs who had a sell on clause for Luongo. We paid under the odds for Luongo and over the odds for Gladwin to limit the fee that Spurs would receive.

With this in mind, perhaps we never really wanted Gladwin that much in the first place. Perhaps it was just a better plan to take him on a punt than to give a big chunk of money to Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          As a few have mentioned, I'm pretty sure Gladwin's fee was inflated to screw Spurs who had a sell on clause for Luongo. We paid under the odds for Luongo and over the odds for Gladwin to limit the fee that Spurs would receive.

With this in mind, perhaps we never really wanted Gladwin that much in the first place. Perhaps it was just a better plan to take him on a punt than to give a big chunk of money to Spurs.
          think they both came after having decent seasons for Swindon. Remember i was more excited about Gladwin than Mass at the time.

Would also agree on the fee for both and a way round of helping both us and swindon and both deals done in tandem. Fee isnt anything to balk at either, SWP earned that in about 6 months

Comment

Personally can't see any reason why, once he gets match fit and has a decent loan spell, we couldn't put Gladwin in for Phillips.

Can then alternate between Gladwin, Chery and Fer across the top. Might also be the incentive for Phillips to up his game a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              think they both came after having decent seasons for Swindon. Remember i was more excited about Gladwin than Mass at the time.

Would also agree on the fee for both and a way round of helping both us and swindon and both deals done in tandem. Fee isnt anything to balk at either, SWP earned that in about 6 months
              Well put Rams cant knock any of that
              I don't get this trying to shaft off Spurs why would we do that to a club that has given us more help than anybody else would we have got promoted without Spurs help I doubt it

Comment

Loaned to us for the season (with a 24 hour recall).

Comment

Originally posted by swindon1879 View Post
                  Loaned to us for the season (with a 24 hour recall).
                  How's he been playing? I see you have a new manager. Hopefully Gladwin can help you stay up
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    You can have the other one back as well. Can't see the fuss about our luango. Too lightweight for centre midfield and can't shoot for toffee for number 10. No surprise a huge improvement with fer and Sandro back in the squad the gamble hasn't paid off on the league 2 players
                    In fairness, as Luongo has said himself, he is being played completely out of position. He is not a number 10, he should be (if anywhere) in the defensive slot instead of Henry. He needs to improve his passing - the worst at keeping possession of anyone in the division, according to some stats a month or so back - but there is a player in there. Prefer to foster someone who cd be good like him than someone like henry who will never surprise us.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                      How's he been playing? I see you have a new manager. Hopefully Gladwin can help you stay up
                      He's been playing in the no. 10 role since he came back. At times he's sublimely dominant, beating players with ease, rifling in shots, and a significant cut above everyone else on the pitch. After the Peterborough game, Westley said he's as good as any player he's seen at this level. Yet at other times he looks like a non-league player, losing the ball over and over turning into trouble. You can see why he's not consistent enough yet for a team like QPR.

Guaranteed first team starter for us though, especially in our position. Can create a goal for himself out of nothing, when the rest of our team are struggling to create anything for each other, so everyone here's delighted with the news. Should be beneficial for both parties, if he can regain the form he showed for us at the end of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        In fairness, as Luongo has said himself, he is being played completely out of position. He is not a number 10, he should be (if anywhere) in the defensive slot instead of Henry. He needs to improve his passing - the worst at keeping possession of anyone in the division, according to some stats a month or so back - but there is a player in there. Prefer to foster someone who cd be good like him than someone like henry who will never surprise us.
                        Surprised Luongo is the worst passer in the division. Was always very tidy with us! Definitely not a no. 10 though. Will create the odd chance but not a goalscorer. He's best bursting forward from deep, when he has space to work with and the whole game in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Luongo will develop into a top player for us. In order to do that, we need to set him alongside Sandro in the centre of midfield to hassle opponents on the ball. He can be a key player in the formation we're running.
                          Well he'd better hurry up then cos Sandro's off in January

Comment

He's been playing in the no. 10 role since he came back. At times he's sublimely dominant, beating players with ease, rifling in shots, and a significant cut above everyone else on the pitch. After the Peterborough game, Westley said he's as good as any player he's seen at this level. Yet at other times he looks like a non-league player, losing the ball over and over turning into trouble. You can see why he's not consistent enough yet for a team like QPR.

Guaranteed first team starter for us though, especially in our position. Can create a goal for himself out of nothing, when the rest of our team are struggling to create anything for each other, so everyone here's delighted with the news. Should be beneficial for both parties, if he can regain the form he showed for us at the end of last season.
                            Well we're consistently rubbish but thanks for the praise

Comment

Surprised Luongo is the worst passer in the division. Was always very tidy with us! Definitely not a no. 10 though. Will create the odd chance but not a goalscorer. He's best bursting forward from deep, when he has space to work with and the whole game in front of him.
                              I think the problem is Ramsey has been playing him in the number 10 role or on the wing. He looked a lot better earlier in the season when he played at CDM.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Actually his passing itself is alright. The keeping possession is more to do with holding on the the ball and getting tackled rather than misplacing a pass.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X