FAO Nasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Nasser

If possible, please can you supply the stats on Onuoha's successful forward pass & crossing % when he's played at RB? Many thanks.

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    If possible, please can you supply the stats on Onuoha's successful forward pass & crossing % when he's played at RB? Many thanks.
    Even I can do that, and without checking: The first is very close to 0. The exact amount is... let me think.... 7.1% for forward passes. And for crosses you will find a 100 % success rate:
    0 out of 0
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Well he's only played one match this season at right back and he attempted 26 forward passes with only 12 accurate (46%). He only attempted one cross and that was inaccurate.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thank you Nasser, I suspected it was something like that. It would be interesting to also those same stats for the season he last played RB in the championship (and even the prem); and compare that with Perch and Harriman (I accept the latter has played at a lower level). ONLY for successful forward passes & successful crosses %.

Comment

Thank you Nasser, I suspected it was something like that. It would be interesting to also those same stats for the season he last played RB in the championship (and even the prem); and compare that with Perch and Harriman (I accept the latter has played at a lower level). ONLY for successful forward passes & successful crosses %.
          Pointless. Let's play a Beckham at RB - passing accuracy 100%, crossing out of this world, but chances set up by opposition winger.....err....lost count. Chief is there to defend, anything else is a bonus. Whether or not he's doing his defensive job well is another debate.

Comment

the best right back at the club is playing for wycombe!

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
              the best right back at the club is playing for wycombe!
              True.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Pointless.
                I beg to differ. Accurate forward passing is a basic necessity for a RB.

Comment

I have all his pass successes since 2009 playing at right back at any level if you'd like? I can get quite a bit of info if you have anything more you'd want for him or anyone else.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I do agree with this for sure, important for a player to be able to get the ball forward when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I have all his pass successes since 2009 playing at right back at any level if you'd like? I can get quite a bit of info if you have anything more you'd want for him or anyone else.
                      Thanks Nass, just successful forward passes and crosses would be great. Would also be interesting to see how they compare with Perch.

Comment

So I can't get the actual forward pass success for historicals but what I can get is all passes and he has 1491 successful and 454 unsuccessful short passes as well as 88 successful and 136 unsuccessful long passes giving him a total accuracy of 72.80% from right back since the 2009/10 season. Crossing wise, he has made 14 successful crosses and 73 unsuccessful crosses since 2009 with an accuracy of 16.09%

For perch: 1925 successful short, 478 unsuccessful short; 147 successful long, 173 unsuccessful long. Total accuracy 76.09%
                        crossing: 21 accurate, 82 inaccurate. Total accuracy of 20.39%

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Nasser. It's the forward pass success rate that is the true barometer for distribution skill IMO. Nevertheless those stats confirm much of what I suspected about him. Good in the air, strong and fast, decent tackler but guilty of not always getting tight enough to his man, or losing him altogether through concentration lapses.

But his main weakness is his distribution.

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Nasser. It's the forward pass success rate that is the true barometer for distribution skill IMO. Nevertheless those stats confirm much of what I suspected about him. Good in the air, strong and fast, decent tackler but guilty of not always getting tight enough to his man, or losing him altogether through concentration lapses.

But his main weakness is his distribution.
                            Agree with this absolutely, wish I could get forward passing stats at right back but it would probably take hours of sifting through data that I can't afford to do with Uni just starting haha. He's a good defender who can't pass and as a result we get left on the flat foot far too often

Comment

I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X