Latest on the new stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on the new stadium

One of my councillors sits on the planning committee at Hammersmith & Fulham council. So I asked for an update on the stadium. This is where we're at. Maybe nothing new, but might be of interest to some.

I have now received the below response from John Finlayson, Head of Planning & Regeneration at the Council:

Old Oak and Park Royal Delivery Corporation (OPDC) – Opportunity Area Planning Framework (OAPF)

The Old Oak and Park Royal Delivery Corporation (OPDC) came into force from 1st April and replaced the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham as the planning authority for redevelopment of land within the boundary of the OPDC. A map of the OPDC boundary can be found athttps://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/OPDC%20boundary-01_0.pdf

Therefore any planning applications for redevelopment within the OPDC boundary, including an application by QPR, will be considered and determined by the OPDC and the council will only be a statutory consultee who can comment on the planning application.

The OPDC have drafted a planning framework which was subject to public consultation earlier this year. The plan sets out the Vision for the redevelopment of the Old Oak Opportunity Area with the majority of land to be redeveloped for:

mixed use residential development
    commercial uses around the proposed HS2 station
    protecting the Strategic industrial land (SIL) in Park Royal.

OAPF & QPR

The plan addresses the need for a catalyst such as leisure, sports, educational uses which may help to kick start regeneration in the area. This has been drafted to allow for the potential relocation of QPR into Old Oak. The draft OAPF document can be found on the GLA website athttps://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/planning/consultations/park-royal-planning-framework

The OPDC are currently revising the plan in response to comments received through the public consultation and working closely with the Borough to finalise the draft which they intend to adopt in October/ November 2015. The draft text regarding a sports, leisure use will not change. The OPDC Board will review the final draft of the OAPF at the October Board meeting. If agreed by Board it will then be adopted as an Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) by the GLA.

OPDC Local Plan

This OAPF will help to inform the OPDC’s Local Plan which they are currently drafting. The OPDC are aiming to go out to public consultation on the Local Plan at the end of the year.

I hope this information is useful. As you can see, plans are still at draft stage but have been drafted to allow for QPR to move to Old Oak and stay in the borough.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    One of my councillors sits on the planning committee at Hammersmith & Fulham council. So I asked for an update on the stadium. This is where we're at. Maybe nothing new, but might be of interest to some.

I have now received the below response from John Finlayson, Head of Planning & Regeneration at the Council:

Old Oak and Park Royal Delivery Corporation (OPDC) – Opportunity Area Planning Framework (OAPF)

The Old Oak and Park Royal Delivery Corporation (OPDC) came into force from 1st April and replaced the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham as the planning authority for redevelopment of land within the boundary of the OPDC. A map of the OPDC boundary can be found athttps://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/OPDC%20boundary-01_0.pdf

Therefore any planning applications for redevelopment within the OPDC boundary, including an application by QPR, will be considered and determined by the OPDC and the council will only be a statutory consultee who can comment on the planning application.

The OPDC have drafted a planning framework which was subject to public consultation earlier this year. The plan sets out the Vision for the redevelopment of the Old Oak Opportunity Area with the majority of land to be redeveloped for:

mixed use residential development
    commercial uses around the proposed HS2 station
    protecting the Strategic industrial land (SIL) in Park Royal.

OAPF & QPR

The plan addresses the need for a catalyst such as leisure, sports, educational uses which may help to kick start regeneration in the area. This has been drafted to allow for the potential relocation of QPR into Old Oak. The draft OAPF document can be found on the GLA website athttps://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/planning/consultations/park-royal-planning-framework

The OPDC are currently revising the plan in response to comments received through the public consultation and working closely with the Borough to finalise the draft which they intend to adopt in October/ November 2015. The draft text regarding a sports, leisure use will not change. The OPDC Board will review the final draft of the OAPF at the October Board meeting. If agreed by Board it will then be adopted as an Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) by the GLA.

OPDC Local Plan

This OAPF will help to inform the OPDC’s Local Plan which they are currently drafting. The OPDC are aiming to go out to public consultation on the Local Plan at the end of the year.

I hope this information is useful. As you can see, plans are still at draft stage but have been drafted to allow for QPR to move to Old Oak and stay in the borough.
    Interesting thanks for the info

Comment

Cheers Dave. What date was the above circulated is it recent??

Comment

My councillor emailed me back on Thursday.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Cheers mate

Positive news hopefully everyone is a winner and gets a slice of the cake

Comment

Thank you for posting the info, interesting
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

No chance getting this done.

How is the training ground getting on
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Hope your wrong

Comment

If they are sold on part of the land to be used for sport then they can simply CPO cargiant's land and there is very very little they could do about it

Comment

Predictable.

Comment

Really? Come on dude, you are bigger than that?
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Care to back up that very dismissive comment with your reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Care to back up that very dismissive comment with your reasons?
                          Just my opinion mate, if we do get it, I'd be surprised.
                          Cannot sort out a bog standard visa for a player, cannot run the club in any coherent way, but people fully expect the clowns to get planning permission and build a 40k stadium and fill it with drossball.

Much like the training ground, will only believe it when someone posts a pic on here of the first brick on the soil.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Much like the training ground, will only believe it when someone posts a pic on here of the first brick on the soil.
                            That's unusually optimistic of you mate. Before any bricks we need the first shovel in the soil to build the foundations.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              That's unusually optimistic of you mate. Before any bricks we need the first shovel in the soil to build the foundations.
                              Have to disagree before anything we need a few bricks and mortar to build our woeful defence

Just a thought maybe Charlie could help us out
                              Last edited by Bill; 05-10-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X