Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ramsey say Same again against Brum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    He's not been injured bud, just away. Missed the end of last season for us due to visa not fitness.

Bloke should be further along than 20minutes into the season. Should replace Henry next game and play alongside either Luongo/Faurlin/Toszer. Henry backup.
    Lack of fitness can be just as bad as injury with players who have his history. There is something to be seen in the research done by the milan lab about the risk of injury with a lack of fitness.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Lack of fitness can be just as bad as injury with players who have his history. There is something to be seen in the research done by the milan lab about the risk of injury with a lack of fitness.
      The risks are fairly obvious mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        The risks are fairly obvious mate
        Actually I was talking about the numbers, I was actually surprised by the extent of overworking players (not quite the same but the concepts of poor fitness remain). The numbers they got on this were that during one game after one weeks training, the chance of injury is 10%. If you play after two days, the risk rises by 30 or 40 percent. Naturally the more you play in a short space of time, the higher your injury-proneness is but for it to reach a point where you are about as likely to get injured as you are to stay fit is incredible. The same principle arises from returning to full fitness without the correct recovery process to match the pace of the game. Obviously, he can do work in Brazil over the summer and have some fitness, but the game there is much less physical and players tire earlier not because of work rate but because of heat. That means that even just getting to an equivalent sweat there as you would here after a few hours of intense recovery training would only take at most half the time. At the same time, the game is much slower in Brazil so any work he did there would be at a lower pace. His return to the UK means he effectively needs almost a full pre seasons worth of work despite what he did in Brazil just because of the different pace and conditions.

With players like Sandro who have the injury proneness already, not being at full fitness obviously has a much bigger effect than it would on standard players. Certainly with the Milan Lab, at the time, they had arguably the most well drilled and physically fit team in the world because of the work of the lab. They had players playing well into their late 30's and putting incredible shifts in. If their players are so strongly affected by overworking, imagine our weak lot and even worse, Sandro.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Seems like common sense to me mate, obviously the precise numbers aren't but the principles are. Apart from the point about Brazil being too hot and therefore not working him as hard as here; training in hotter temperatures is more beneficial rather than less, again for fairly obvious reasons

Comment

Seems like common sense to me mate, obviously the precise numbers aren't but the principles are. Apart from the point about Brazil being too hot and therefore not working him as hard as here; training in hotter temperatures is more beneficial rather than less, again for fairly obvious reasons
            I think that if you look at what happened with Anderson for example when he went back, he needed an oxygen tank on return. When you are out of fitness already, being in a hot country won't have as much benefit as we see during the season on the annual hot weather break. As I said, if you lack the base fitness, you won't last long enough to boost your fitness in the hot weather.

Comment

Have numerous people on here say before that you should never change a winning side???

Comment

I think that if you look at what happened with Anderson for example when he went back, he needed an oxygen tank on return. When you are out of fitness already, being in a hot country won't have as much benefit as we see during the season on the annual hot weather break. As I said, if you lack the base fitness, you won't last long enough to boost your fitness in the hot weather.
                Completely disagree. I tend to look at macro stats rather than individual circumstances and it is pretty clear training in hotter temperatures is more beneficial for various reasons. If you believe otherwise fair enough it is an irrelevant debate anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Have numerous people on here say before that you should never change a winning side???

Hahahaha gonna love it when he keeps it the same and everyone says what is he doing, he should have made x change or y change. Forgot that they have coated him off for making changes to the side.

Comment

Completely disagree. I tend to look at macro stats rather than individual circumstances and it is pretty clear training in hotter temperatures is more beneficial for various reasons. If you believe otherwise fair enough it is an irrelevant debate anyway
                    Haha it probably is a bit irrelevant. But, yea I try and look at individual cases in general. I guess everyone works differently

Comment

Haha it probably is a bit irrelevant. But, yea I try and look at individual cases in general. I guess everyone works differently

As a budding statistician you should really be looking at the bigger picture (macro) rather than individual cases mate

Comment

dont really farking matter where he has done it. Either way is deemed not fit enough. His fault and his alone, can not blame anyone else at the club.

Comment

As a budding statistician you should really be looking at the bigger picture (macro) rather than individual cases mate
                          Haha perhaps. I think its worth looking at everything from macro to micro. Agree that in general Warm weather training is better for players but I think there are always outliers and there is a validity to looking at them too.

Comment

If Ramsey plays Toszer again he's definitely not fit to be a manager. He was about as useful as a perforated condom v Bolton. His distribution is dire, he has no positional sense, he jogs around watching the ball and he can't tackle. He's fairly good at dead ball situations, but that alone cannot justify his place. Henry was okay v Bolton, got forward, some decent passes, broke up play. Toszer, one or two free kicks aside, was bloody awful. Meanwhile Faurlin and Luongo were sat the bench. The crazy thing is, our attacking players showed him up: JET first and foremost, tackling back, intercepting, harrying, and Phillips too. Even Chery did more defensive work than Toszer. How Ramsey can't see this is beyond me.

Similarly, the central defence has no leadership, no communication, poor positioning and not much pace. On that basis, bring Clint back in to steady the ship. Konchesky, on the other hand, was very good and Nedum did okay at RB for a big lad..

So, Sandro in for Toszer (or Faurlin to start with), Hill for Angella, and we'll do okay. With Fer coming back to full fitness, Chery on fire, Phillips getting into his groove and JET showing what he can do v Bolton, we have awesome attacking potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              If Ramsey plays Toszer again he's definitely not fit to be a manager. He was about as useful as a perforated condom v Bolton. His distribution is dire, he has no positional sense, he jogs around watching the ball and he can't tackle. He's fairly good at dead ball situations, but that alone cannot justify his place. Henry was okay v Bolton, got forward, some decent passes, broke up play. Toszer, one or two free kicks aside, was bloody awful. Meanwhile Faurlin and Luongo were sat the bench. The crazy thing is, our attacking players showed him up: JET first and foremost, tackling back, intercepting, harrying, and Phillips too. Even Chery did more defensive work than Toszer. How Ramsey can't see this is beyond me.

Similarly, the central defence has no leadership, no communication, poor positioning and not much pace. On that basis, bring Clint back in to steady the ship. Konchesky, on the other hand, was very good and Nedum did okay at RB for a big lad..

So, Sandro in for Toszer (or Faurlin to start with), Hill for Angella, and we'll do okay. With Fer coming back to full fitness, Chery on fire, Phillips getting into his groove and JET showing what he can do v Bolton, we have awesome attacking potential.
                              I thought Onouha was toilet against Bolton tbh, but agree with most of the other points.

Really don't get why Toszer is not doing well here when Watford fans were singing his praises last year. Maybe the system we play in, or could just be he had a bad first game and his confidence has took a battering from that, and not always easy to get it back again.

Comment

Working...
                              X