No announcement yet.

Still firmly 'Ramsey Out'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean Derry? Maybe he could be interested in being a part of our coaching set-up? He got the sack at Notts C. but he could stiil teach Ramsey a few things about defence and midfield issues.

Warnock is another option.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      Well said - a well reasoned and expressed comment that is worthy of consideration rather than throw away insult! Being a football fan will always be about the weekly ups and downs ( even if you support Chelsea it seems),
      For me a decent season sees us in the play-offs following a late run, the team ,and coaching staff, having been given the time to gel. If relegation becomes a realistic possibility, that would be the time to abandon the 'project".it's too too soon.
      I support Chelsea???
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Tactical ability......that would be pushing Henry forward into Fer's support role when Fer went off would it? CR got lucky today because Jet worked out and Fer and Chery played well. Let's see if he learns from it before we start making him a candidate to succeed Woy.
        Tactical understanding would be to realise that we went with a flat 451 after the fer sub. Again, if you are going to blame him for players playing badly, congratulate him when players play well. And speaking of Chery, plenty were looking to have him dropped after recent performances but CR held strong with him. He makes the tough calls at times and he does deserve some credit at least for the result yesterday. If you watched the match, you'd know that wasn't a lucky win after the 10th minute or so.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          I know this sounds daft but, Ramsey is here for ages so why not get him a decent number 2 someone who can show him the tactical side off the game, bring in Gerry Francis coz ramsey ain't going nowhere
          That might well be the best way forward.

Comment

Seen nothing yet to convince me that Ramsey is the right man, so haven't changed my mind, want him and DOF gone ASAP we all know he wouldn't have the job without his mate, both inept,

Comment

Not seen one game which makes me think Ramsey is the man for the job and any win has been lucky IMO
              R's

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                Yes, we won the game, and it was strangely entertaining, but today’s performance was embarrassing in so many respects.

- First of all, make no mistake, Bolton are shocking. There's a reason they're in the relegation zone. Their defence was appalling and some of their gameplay the stuff of nightmares. They made Kevin Blackwell’s Sheffield United side seem like the Brazil 1970 World Cup squad. A decent team would have torn them apart with ease, beating them 3 or 4 nil, not desperately clinging on and finishing the game with three holding midfielders. Our (very) fortunate victory needs to be put into perspective.

- Some of our defending was beyond anything I've seen in a professional football match. There was a moment in the first half when a goal-kick bounced over three defenders and resulted in a one-on-one, which fortunately the Bolton striker squandered. Equally, the marking for the first two goals was pitiful. The coach responsible for defensive training (if there is one) needs to be dragged out at half-time and publicly vilified. Brighton will put six past us if it continues (as I expect it will).

- Henry and To$$er are the worst midfield pairing I've seen since the days of Steve Morrow. The latter is an embarrassment of a footballer. The fact that Ramsey picks these two over the Brazilian international Sandro tells you all you need to know about his managerial ability.

- Substituting Fer? What was he playing at? He decides to finish a game against a team as poor as Bolton with three holding midfielders - and we still concede! The decision reminded me of Paul Hart playing two sets of full-backs as we clung on to a one-goal lead against Bristol City. The man is inept.
                - Don't think I saw us win a single header. Angella in particular was beaten every single time. What the hell do they do in training? I reckon Doudou would beat some of this lot in the air. Again - pathetic.

- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - brilliant performance, so why hasn't he been playing? As far as I'm aware he's been available for the majority of fixtures so far. He'd have been superb alongside Austin. Yet Ramsey stuck with his 4-3-2-1 'system'.

Today we won in spite of Ramsey’s incompetence, not because of his tactical abilities. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is the right man to take the club forward, short- or long-term. His win record is abysmal, the number of goals conceded is embarrassing and the team has no discernible shape. He was saved today by moments of individual brilliance from JET, Fer and, the man who he was publicly lambasting a few days ago, Chery.

We’re 11th at the moment and that’s roughly where we’ll finish with Ramsey in charge (13th-16th I would say). If that’s the aim this season, to be ‘patient’ and ‘consolidate’, then can someone explain to me why Austin was kept? Should’ve taken the £15 million, as he’ll be off for free next summer to a club enjoying the financial benefits of Premiership football, as will the other good players at our disposal. This idea that we should be aiming for mediocrity just doesn’t make any sense at all - but then I suppose we’re QPR, we don’t do logic.

Ramsey must go if we’re going to move forward. He is not the man for any long-term ‘rebuilding’ strategy. Even a half-decent manager with some experience would get this team playing well with all its talent. Sticking with him is madness - he is utterly inept.
                I couldnt agree more. As i said last eeek if consolidation was the target why didnt they acceot the offers for Austin Phillips Green and make clear that they would consider bids for Fer and Sandro. They could have banked 30m + and perhaps use 10m of that for rebuilding.
                Ramsey's out of his depth as a manager/ head coach. Is he coaching the defence? They have been shambolic at defending ever since he got the job in February. How much effing time does he need?
                The substitutions yesterday may have been needed but the teams shape tactics and defending leave me in no doubt that he is not the man for the job.
                Last edited by stanistheman; 04-10-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                  Not seen one game which makes me think Ramsey is the man for the job and any win has been lucky IMO
                  Surely that's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Fair enough you don't think he is the right man but we've really flukes five wins this season? Really ?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Surely that's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Fair enough you don't think he is the right man but we've really flukes five wins this season? Really ?
                    Their favourite phrase is 'we won in spite of him'.
                    Gets used after very win, oh and even goes back to HR and the play off final.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Their favourite phrase is 'we won in spite of him'.
                      Gets used after very win, oh and even goes back to HR and the play off final.
                      Quiet again on here as well eh mate?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I couldnt agree more. As i said last eeek if consolidation was the target why didnt they acceot the offers for Austin Phillips Green and make clear that they would consider bids for Fer and Sandro. They could have banked 30m + and perhaps use 10m of that for rebuilding.
                        Ramsey's out of his depth as a manager/ head coach. Is he coaching the defence? They have been shambolic at defending ever since he got the job in February. How much effing time does he need?
                        The substitutions yesterday may have been needed but the teams shape tactics and defending leave me in no doubt that he is not the man for the job.
                        I think they did try and sell them .

Comment

Couldnt agree more with the OP.

Bolton are dreadful, Neil Lennon is just as clueless as Ramsey, If his bolton didnt sit back and try hold the game, they would of easily walked out comfortable winners especially with our defence.

This result buys him more time, 2 stunning individuals goals bailed him out but I think he deserved that luck as Green was dreadful for boltons 2nd and 3rd goals. It was a strange game of football, Bolton fans must be gutted at not winning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
                            Couldnt agree more with the OP.

Bolton are dreadful, Neil Lennon is just as clueless as Ramsey, If his bolton didnt sit back and try hold the game, they would of easily walked out comfortable winners especially with our defence.

This result buys him more time, 2 stunning individuals goals bailed him out but I think he deserved that luck as Green was dreadful for boltons 2nd and 3rd goals. It was a strange game of football, Bolton fans must be gutted at not winning the game.
                            They weren't really in it after we equalised though were they?
                            It was our poor defence that let them back in. I think we shaded it over all.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              They weren't really in it after we equalised though were they?
                              It was our poor defence that let them back in. I think we shaded it over all.
                              I thought at 2-2 they were happy to settle for a point and same again at 3-3. They only showed impetus at the start and after we took the lead.

Their keeper was fairly shocking as well, and darren pratley is like our karl henry. A draw would have been a fair result for me, but then thats why you need gifted players like JET and chery in the team to produce moments of brilliance to win you games.

Comment

The same Lennon who slated Ronny Deila when the latter one insisted that having a dietist at a footballclub was nonsense. Buffoon!!
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X