Robert Green "England's number 1"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Odd that those that defend him forget all his errors including those that don't end up in the net
    And the ones against him forget some of his incredible games.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      And the ones against him forget some of his incredible games.
      I refer you to my previous answer

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Second goal was Konch's fault. Smart save from Green and Konch watched his man follow it up and tap it home.
        This. Plain as day. And being last man at the back post he lost his man for the first two. Nothing to do with Green, however shaky he's been or whoever poor is he at commanding his box.

Comment

I refer you to my previous answer
          Which one? I actually can't find the one you could be referring to haha.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Green is so Divisive.

its amazing how those who have the downer on him can't seem to remember the all the times he saved us over the past few years the times last season when he stopped it being a cricket score, the record number of successive clean sheets..but cherry pick the mistakes. its almost like they look at every goal we concede and say how i can make it greens fault?. ah yes he woke up this morning and put on the goalkeepers shirt therefore it must be his fault!
            Whats the point in him stopping it being a cricket score? we still lose the game. He is a good shot-stopper as any decent keeper should be but his errors have cost us points several times. Good keeper at championship level though.

Comment

Which one? I actually can't find the one you could be referring to haha.
              Well it will give you something to occupy yourself with looking for it and it will get your head out the stats book for a bit!! Enjoy happy hunting

Comment

Yes

I gave up on Green after he went behind his line few years ago against WBA and they scored saw everything I needed too then. I'm amazed so many put a defence up for him still

By the way Fer was super yesterday done alot of the things you mentioned last season which I had not noticed so fair do's
                That was a foul 9 times out of 10, and should've been given as such. You see fouls given all the time for less........Ridiculous decision

Comment

is he p***ed off he didn't get his move to the Hammers? been shocking this season
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    That was a foul 9 times out of 10, and should've been given as such. You see fouls given all the time for less........Ridiculous decision
                    If he was pushed behind line Dave I agree with you mate but when you voluntarily retreat behind it and player steps in the space its not for me but all about different opinions buddy

Comment

Well it will give you something to occupy yourself with looking for it and it will get your head out the stats book for a bit!! Enjoy happy hunting
                      Can't find it but no surprises, you chat a lot without backing it.

Comment

Can't find it but no surprises, you chat a lot without backing it.
                        Nasser my friend nothing to back up its not rocket science. I said look at previous post if you can't work that out for yourself there is little hope for you

Perhaps your just better with numbers and stats but then some of the s hit you pump out I'm not convinced that's the case

Comment

Nasser my friend nothing to back up its not rocket science. I said look at previous post if you can't work that out for yourself there is little hope for you

Perhaps your just better with numbers and stats but then some of the s hit you pump out I'm not convinced that's the case
                          Your previous comment states that you are at a loss as to why people defend him, especially after that WBA thing, which was a foul all day by the way and even the pundits to my recollection defended him.

Comment

your previous comment states that you are at a loss as to why people defend him, especially after that wba thing, which was a foul all day by the way and even the pundits to my recollection defended him.
                            ok siri

Comment

ok siri
                              So you still haven't answered why you refuse to acknowledge the blinders he's played in the past 3 years for us.

Comment

So you still haven't answered why you refuse to acknowledge the blinders he's played in the past 3 years for us.
                                Read any Rob Greeb thread and you will see I have said he's a very good shot stopper however being solely a shot stopper does not make you a good goal keeper. I tug him for his mistakes because they are so frequent and more often then not end in goals. Does he pull off great saves? yes he does but that's his job just because he pulls off great saves does that mean he is immune to being pulled for the mistakes he does make???

Comment

Working...
                                X