No announcement yet.

Robert Green "England's number 1"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my concern with Green for second is not that he never held ball from shot as thought it was decent save he made its his part in the build up to the shot

A confident keeper when they take that throw is on his toes reading the flight of the ball realising its not going anywhere near one of their players instead its going to two of ours so he shouts keepers comes and collects it and were in control of the ball.

Should never have resulted in defender heading it or him even having to pull a save off as he should have caught it in the first place

Was it Alan Hansen who said for any goal you will see two or three errors before it hits the net well that goal is perfect example of that

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
      green does not command his area and for that the old has been should be dropped asap!
      And this contributes to the defence being so shaky. They can't rely on him. England's no. 100

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        And this contributes to the defence being so shaky. They can't rely on him. England's no. 100
        Shouldn't stop the defence heading a ball away, or getting the rightside or marking a man, ....or closing down a potential shooting opportunity
        Actually if anything, if you feel your keeper is dodgy you should be applying the above even more strongly

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Seriously chaps get a grip there are far more pressing issues than Green
          Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            See my concern with Green for second is not that he never held ball from shot as thought it was decent save he made its his part in the build up to the shot

A confident keeper when they take that throw is on his toes reading the flight of the ball realising its not going anywhere near one of their players instead its going to two of ours so he shouts keepers comes and collects it and were in control of the ball.

Should never have resulted in defender heading it or him even having to pull a save off as he should have caught it in the first place

Was it Alan Hansen who said for any goal you will see two or three errors before it hits the net well that goal is perfect example of that
            Second goal was Konch's fault. Smart save from Green and Konch watched his man follow it up and tap it home.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Second goal was Konch's fault. Smart save from Green and Konch watched his man follow it up and tap it home.
              Talking about first phase not final Matty. Should never have been a shot to deal with kill the move at source

Comment

West would you seriously prefer to see smithies between the posts next game? Seriously think about the question because you have clearly always had it in for green
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Never been a big fan of Rob Green but at this level he is probably in the top 3 keepers in the Championship. Could he have done better yesterday? yeah, probably but certainly not majorly at fault for any of the goals IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    West would you seriously prefer to see smithies between the posts next game? Seriously think about the question because you have clearly always had it in for green
                    Yes

I gave up on Green after he went behind his line few years ago against WBA and they scored saw everything I needed too then. I'm amazed so many put a defence up for him still

By the way Fer was super yesterday done alot of the things you mentioned last season which I had not noticed so fair do's

Comment

Green not directly at fault for the goals yesterday but could've done better with the 2nd. Gotta claim the throw under no pressure then lead boots meant the save was made far more diffucult than needed. Agree with Matty tho, defensive shape and personnel more important than green at this stage.

Comment

Fair do's west and I am pleased you're really appreciating fer to the full because these type of players won't stay forever. Has a very bright future. With regards to smithies mate we made a balls up buying him. Not seen much of this Southend youngster but sounds like we got the wrong one.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Yes

I gave up on Green after he went behind his line few years ago against WBA and they scored saw everything I needed too then. I'm amazed so many put a defence up for him still

By the way Fer was super yesterday done alot of the things you mentioned last season which I had not noticed so fair do's
                          In fairness could be said Smithies done the same thing almost v Blackburn.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Green is missing Dunne badly as we have no one to win the first header and dominate the area as Green has never been a keeper who dominates his area and when he does come off his line it is almost comical in a very unfunny way.

Comment

Green is so Divisive.

its amazing how those who have the downer on him can't seem to remember the all the times he saved us over the past few years the times last season when he stopped it being a cricket score, the record number of successive clean sheets..but cherry pick the mistakes. its almost like they look at every goal we concede and say how i can make it greens fault?. ah yes he woke up this morning and put on the goalkeepers shirt therefore it must be his fault!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                                Green is so Divisive.

its amazing how those who have the downer on him can't seem to remember the all the times he saved us over the past few years the times last season when he stopped it being a cricket score, the record number of successive clean sheets..but cherry pick the mistakes. its almost like they look at every goal we concede and say how i can make it greens fault?. ah yes he woke up this morning and put on the goalkeepers shirt therefore it must be his fault!
                                Odd that those that defend him forget all his errors including those that don't end up in the net

Comment

Working...
                                X