No announcement yet.

Robert Green "England's number 1"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the game and Green is totally blameless for their two first goals. Konchelsky asleep for their first and Ned dreaming and Konchelsky asleep for their second. What a s hit game Konchelsky had today....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Watched the game and Green is totally blameless for their two first goals. Konchelsky asleep for their first and Ned dreaming and Konchelsky asleep for their second. What a s hit game Konchelsky had today....
      Green should have perhaps reacted better but wouldn't blame him or even konch. Think Hall is in no mans land and positions himself terribly for it. The second one Green should have a much stronger hand behind that imo. Ned and Angella had no communication between them for that one.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Thought it was konch's best game for us and the only defender due any credit today.

Comment

Funny game isn't it when we honesty have such different opinions

He's a good pro, I'll give him that. Puts a shift in. Can't cross, however. And I think at fault for there first. As was Hall.

Comment

Seriously chaps get a grip there are far more pressing issues than Green
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Ok.

Defence worries me far more than any benefit we may gain by playing Smithies over Green. More pressing issues.
              It was Green vs. Bolton on those first two goals. No sign of any QPR defender interested in actually doing any defending.

And Ned looked like a Sunday Pub League footballer on their third. Give him 5 yards because you're so scared of his pace and then keep backing up until he shoots and scores. Reminded me of Zesh Rehman. Captain Calamity.
              Last edited by dsqpr; 04-10-2015, 06:01 AM.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Ned to blame for me, second goal was down to his awful headed clearance. Third came after his left footed clearance that went 5 yards.

Greeno could've been better but is miles better than Smithers who looks nervous and shaky just walking out onto the pitch.

Comment

Interesting reading all these different opinions. Goes to show why Ramsey does what he does, if he sees it his way but different to others, his neck on the block
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Was at the game Green should've been more commanding for the first goal but leaving a forward unmarked 6 yards out is criminal ....

Second goal he makes a great save only to be let down again as everyone stood still ball watching rather than reacting to the situation.

Third goal should've been cleared on a few occasions, biggest mistake for me was Angella the ball was in the air on the edge of box (free header)and he chose to stand still looking at it when really he should be heading clear to at least the half way line.

I think the defence today were more at fault, as a unit they look all over the place and lack a real leader.

Comment

I thought he looked at fault for 2 of the goals today myself. It's almost like he's been told not to come off his line when the ball is crossed in. A keeper of his experience really should command his area far better.

I really don't understand what's happened since last season but I have to admit, I think it's time to start looking at other options between the sticks!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott P View Post

I think the defence today were more at fault, as a unit they look all over the place and lack a real leader.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Seen the goals...........Can,t blame Greeno for them.
                          1st one similar to fools 1st, Ball should never have got to the striker
                          2nd, was a good save, striker was more alive than our defence
                          3rd, shot through a group of players, should've been closed down more
                          Sums it up perfectly for me, awful defending much more to blame
                          As already said, it just goes to show how differently we all view the same things, goes some way to show why managers rarely keep everyone happy.
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Unfortunately Green has never been a commanding keeper of his box and when he does venture off his line it is always comical in a very unfunny way. It was never a problem the past two seasons when we had Dunne who has been badly missed with his ability to win the first header which meant less pressure on Green and his poor decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Unfortunately Green has never been a commanding keeper of his box and when he does venture off his line it is always comical in a very unfunny way. It was never a problem the past two seasons when we had Dunne who has been badly missed with his ability to win the first header which meant less pressure on Green and his poor decision making.
                              This is a very good analysis! If we had a strong cb, we would be fine. Now we struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Thought it was konch's best game for us and the only defender due any credit today.
                                Completely agree many didn't want him here but he has been the best defender this season , solid does his job well and puts a shift in down the line too

Comment

Working...
                                X