No announcement yet.

JET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game as every one has said but let's not get carried away, if he doesn't score and we lose our next game will we be so happy.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

virtually to a man Bristol City supporters were sorry to see JET go, one a 50 year old said he was the best he'd seen down Ashton Gate. So I'm not entirely surprised at the quality he's shown. If he can step up his work-rate a tad, we'll have a real gem on our hands. At the moment he is an unpolished diamond
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

One good game doesn't elevate him to legend status.

Comment

He scored two good goals but his hold up play is not great and looked totally gone with 25 minutes to go. While his goal won us the match I would be very wary of going overboard about as lazy and the like were not based on one game where as the reaction to yesterday is. Watching him yesterday made me realise how hard Chaz works for the team and I am not convinced JET has the fitness to consistently play to the level needed. This may not be with the majority but is based on what I seen at Rangers and before.

Comment

Not for me. two good goals yesterday but no where near legend or even decent player status. Over reaction due to how bad we have been and were for the first 15 minutes.

Comment

The OP did finish his post by saying " a great player developing" not that the guy was the finished article.

I have been keeping an eye on him for a few years, he reminds me of a young Duncan Ferguson, I use to watch Scotish football and remember Ferguson for Dundee United (I think) once he decided to add aggression to his game, he was at times unplayable, I hope to see JET developing the same way?

The kid has all the tools, a pity the break has come now but fingers crossed for him.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Jet is probably a adel type off player, can win a game in a flash, he done brilliant yesterday and I would like to see him up front with charlie when he is fit
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                  One good game doesn't elevate him to legend status.
                  Agree ..but he can have until the next game

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    He scored two good goals but his hold up play is not great and looked totally gone with 25 minutes to go. While his goal won us the match I would be very wary of going overboard about as lazy and the like were not based on one game where as the reaction to yesterday is. Watching him yesterday made me realise how hard Chaz works for the team and I am not convinced JET has the fitness to consistently play to the level needed. This may not be with the majority but is based on what I seen at Rangers and before.
                    What a miserable post and cannot be based on his efforts yesterday.

His hold up play was spot on and he brought others into the game with some smart flicks

Comment

Not miserable just how I see it, Smart flicks and hold up play are not the same. Yes he scored 2 good goals but no leader of the line. Massive over reaction to us beating a dreadful team! Reserve judgement until he has had 20-30 games then we can see what he really is!

Comment

Presence and movement, needed watching all the time so occupies defenders. Learn something Ramsey. Two up.

Comment

Not miserable just how I see it, Smart flicks and hold up play are not the same. Yes he scored 2 good goals but no leader of the line. Massive over reaction to us beating a dreadful team! Reserve judgement until he has had 20-30 games then we can see what he really is!
                          So you never saw him hold up the ball and give it off yesterday

Comment

He brought Fer and Chery into the game on numerous occasions. What you have to do if you persist in one up. Did it better than Charlie, ball bounces off him too often. Play him off Charlie and we might have a plan.

Comment

Hmm seems we're lurching too fast again to building a player up, and getting carried away.
                              Just enjoy his contribution, and definitely play him next game.
                              Can shoot and score from distance, so should get in there before others, for simply adding a threat.
                              In mf if Charlies back up front.....done more than some of our "regulars" in one game

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                What a miserable post and cannot be based on his efforts yesterday.

His hold up play was spot on and he brought others into the game with some smart flicks
                                You know the protocol, don't ever ever ever praise a new rangers player, just say he had a good game but he's bound to be toilet in every other game. Only coatings can be lavished on our club, praise is illegal.
                                By the way, he did more yesterday than Traore, Philips and Toilett have ever done in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X