Dave Mac Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    So when he criticises the club (normally) you hate him....
    No I think he makes up a few transfer rumours, gotten into debates with him over it regarding (In particular) a loan move that he made up on deadline day involving Fer to PSV that wasn't even true. In this case, I can take away the fact that he actually knows something about the workings of football.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Its always you and Dave who agree with each other I've noticed. Personally thought it was a really fantastic article. I've given McIntyre a lot of hate in the past but he gets it right in this article in a lot of ways.
      And what was so fantastic about his article?
      He didnt comment about the lousy defensive record under Ramsey. Or on the strange team selections. Why are Perch Konchesky Henry starting every game when goals are being conceded at such an alarming way.
      Are you happy to see the team in 13th place having kept the players they have?
      I'm not, QPR Dave is not and judging by other comments on here and other boards many fans aren't either.
      Its not Ramsey's face that doesnt fit it is his style of football, his lack of getting any sound defensive displays, his lack of management skills, his team selections that don't fit.
      Passing football can still be played and have Austin lead the line. Keeping Phillips on the right wing and getting crosses into the box would create chances and goals.
      Using Phillips and Chery in a 433 is not working for either player or the team.
      But it seems that Dave Mc Ramsey nor you get that.
      Last edited by stanistheman; 01-10-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        He didnt comment about the lousy defensive record under Ramsey. Or on the strange team selections. Why are Perch Konchesky Henry starting every game when goals are being conceded at such an alarming way.
        I'm not, QPR Dave is not and judging by other comments on here and other boards many fans aren't either.
        Its not Ramsey's face that doesnt fit it is his style of football, his lack of getting any sound defensive displays, his lack of management skills, his team selections that don't fit.
        Passing football can still be played and have Austin lead the line. Keeping Phillips on the right wing and getting crosses into the box would create chances and goals.
        Who are the other options for the first two? Would you want Ned at full back?
        Are you not noticing that we are three points from 3rd place and this early in the season your look on the table is totally invalid.
        David Mc said that charlie was developing really well under Ramsay so you must not have read the article. We all know charlie's weakness was his build up but - as the article says - he is working hard on improving that part of his game. And saying Phillips in a 433 isn't working is ignorant because 1) we are playing a 4231 with deeper wingers and 2) phillips wouldn't do well in a 442, nor would anyone. A 442 is designed to bypass the central midfielders who are just there as extra defensive cover. That would get destroyed by anyone who tried to pass in between our midfielders. Therefore, the only really viable option is a 4231/433.
        Finally, I'm kind of glad I don't get your last point. It stinks of armchair management.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I found the article to be almost complete BS. If I didn't know better I'd say Les and Ramsey wrote it themselves.

Not sure why expectations have to be so low when you have Sandro, Fer, Austin, Philips, Yun, Onuah. Of course some haven't kicked a ball this year but all will be available at some point.

I can see why we should have low expectations and it's all on clueless Ramsey. The team has no tactics and cannot string 3 passes together and now Austin is out. Team selection continually includes players not performing while others never get a look? Perch is hopeless, Green has been average, Henry has been pitiful yet all play every week. The defense give up school boy goals yet the back 4 stays the same. Players like Sandro and Diakite no where to be seen, while others like Gladwin, JET, kpewka, Hall barely get a kick.

The article and club should stop blustering about consolidation and tell it as it is. Expectations should be low because we have a clueless coach.

Imagine the expectation we'd have if this squad had a Neil Warnock or even Holloway managing it. But don't have any expectation of promotion or even moderately attractive football because of the decision to hire and keep Ramsey.

Consolidation? Has the club seen the depth and quality within the division? The club has the player and resources 90% of the division doesn't have and good coach could see us promoted. The club has consolidated by getting rid of huge chunks of wage bill and bleed us dry players and we're still strong enough to expect a decent team and a run a promotion. I'm so tired of excuses and Ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            ..Good,fair points there stanis...

Comment

When CR was appointed full time, I have to admit to some concerns. There seems to be plenty of evidence in his coaching credentials to suggest he is perhaps one of the best about. But up until then and most certainly since, he appears to not have much of a clue about management. In my opinion, his team selections are at best cautious, but probably better described as either stubborn, irritating or just plain daft.

I wanted him to succeed obviously, but so far he has been nothing short of a disaster. I truly never thought that I would ever again witness football from us as bad as we saw under the useless Redknapp, but what we have seen so far is trumping even that.

From reading all messageboards, not just this one, from listening to conversations in the pub pre-match and from all around me at the match itself, it seems that I am in a rather large majority. One that hoped he would be a success, but as yet seen nothing to suggest he might.

For those saying it's early days, it may be worth remembering that we have already had a fifth of the season. We have dropped fifteen points from our nine games, which is in excess of 1.5 points per game. If we don't see a drastic improvement soon, we can all forget about going up.

Really hope we don't get to the end of the season having failed yet again, caused by making the wrong appointment and failing to realise in time.

Comment

I'm sick of excuses for dire performances. I want to see at least a semblance of a plan, good football or tactics. Not shite hoofball, dire defeats and excuses.

Comment

he has said that karl henry is'nt playing well........then why keep fvcking playing him then!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                    he has said that karl henry is'nt playing well........then why keep fvcking playing him then!!!!
                    Got to show loyalty to him apparently....Forget the fact he's been shite all season, need to show loyalty to him. WTF??

Comment

He was a poor choice of manager, yet another #### up by the powers that be. This isn't hindsight, it was obvious at the time and many said so. The EPL was not the place to blood someone new to management and the championship is finding him out.

The worst bit is that during the Harry meltdown Bilic was available, long before the WHU / Sam divorce while we were still in the prem. That was posted up on here too. Ramsey did not appoint himself. The real blame for all this lies with the people who chose him.

It maybe that he will learn fast and things will improve, but it was a massive punt to bring him here. Which other EPL board would have appointed him?

Comment

Working...
                      X