No announcement yet.

Dave Mac Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have said I'm chuffed with the results and points whether Austin and co stayed or went but how can anybody make excuses for the playing style and agree with D Mc his face doesn't fit leads me to believe that some are easy pleased

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      I have said I'm chuffed with the results and points whether Austin and co stayed or went but how can anybody make excuses for the playing style and agree with D Mc his face doesn't fit leads me to believe that some are easy pleased
      My take on the face don't fit comments is that he isn't a big name therefore people won't accept him

Style of play will take time to implement which is what he's saying in the article
      Last edited by Rangersw12; 01-10-2015, 04:28 PM.
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Its all well and good saying 'patience' and 'give it time' but what if he's the wrong man for the job? How long do you give it? 1 year? 5 years? Till we're in the Conference?
        1 to 2 seasons, as the author suggests.

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Austin and Phillips staying making things more difficult.
        I disagree with that part. Having better players can and should ONLY make things easier because they improve the squad and therefore SHOULD improve performances and results. This is the reason fans' expectations have been raised - justifiably and logically so; and there's no reason why LF and CR shouldn't be able to handle the added pressure that brings. Even Austin himself said last week that anything less than a top-six finish will, in his opinion, be a major disappointment.

Comment

Good article my arrrs got half way through it and gave up , whats this his face doesn't fit D Mc kept on about at the start of this season Ramsey had the backing of over 90% of the fans who all agreed yeah he will do the job , most of us would be well chuffed to be where we are points and results if the performances wasn't so aimlessly dire , so as I said good article my arrrs
          Actually very good point about points in comparison to performances think that's the key.

If we play s hite and win to some extent people can get there head round it but playing poor plus dropping points is not good combination

Comment

Are you saying this board represents the majority of fans that attend games come on there's about 20 or so daily posters on here , there's about 17k that have attended home games and it is just not true that most that go to games wasn't fully behind Ramsey and even the ones that he wasn't their 1st choice were prepared to get behind him for the sake of the club back in august before the dross
            I don't disagree with you mate but am just doubting the 90% figure. However I am only talking about forums. At the games that figure may well have been fine.

Comment

Keepibg the quintet for a season of consolidation was utter maddness and will cost the club at least £30m in lost or reduced transfer value in January or next summer.
              If consolidation was the aim surely accepting offers thatcame in 13 & 7 forAustin and Phillips 1 for green. And whatever thry could for Fer and Sandro would have given them a betrer chance to sign prospect with potential like Bentley to develop for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Keepibg the quintet for a season of consolidation was utter maddness and will cost the club at least £30m in lost or reduced transfer value in January or next summer.
                If consolidation was the aim surely accepting offers thatcame in 13 & 7 forAustin and Phillips 1 for green. And whatever thry could for Fer and Sandro would have given them a betrer chance to sign prospect with potential like Bentley to develop for the future.
                Why would we accept offers for players that are below our valuation . If teams had offered the correct amount those playees would of gone.

They tried to get rid of Fer but he failed a medical and nobody came in for Sandro

We will try again in Jan to get rid of Sandro & Fer
                We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                  Why would we accept offers for players that are below our valuation . If teams had offered the correct amount those playees would of gone.

They tried to get rid of Fer but he failed a medical and nobody came in for Sandro

We will try again in Jan to get rid of Sandro & Fer
                  More nonsense, common knowledge AC Milan were in talks. Do you just sit there and make this #### up?

Comment

Well if the majority of R's fans take this article the way the majority on here have, the club's propaganda dept will be given a raise.
                    So ....keeping our best striker is a problem?...That problem has scored 50% of our goals so far, where would we be in the table without them?
                    We are about to find out.
                    The transfer strategy in the past wasn't exactly what the fans would've gone with either, so most welcome Luongo & Gladwin etc.
                    But Dave seems to have forgotten about the Perch transfer. A transfer made when we already had a rb in the club, who was persuaded to sign an
                    extension when on the brink of leaving, to the be dumped out on loan before the season started.

Because we've been hammered at Fulham in the past under different managers makes it acceptable now seems to be the line Dave/club want the fans to follow.
                    Well ok Dave let's play that game then. Warnock & Arry took us up in their 1st season in charge in the champs, over to you.

The harm I can see with the club not being in the prem next season is the huge windfall that will imo make the top division a closed shop.
                    Ok I hear the fans that say, "well the champs is better anyway" but what about this new stadium?, training ground?. Are they going to build these things
                    for a 2nd tier club, possibly marooned outside of the glamour lge and it's riches?

Some fans as I say are not fussed about the prem, but it's not the same with players. How will we organically build this team/club to compete in the top division
                    if our best players are always lured away? Which they will be. We've just had a summer of nail biting over 2 or 3 of our best players leaving........You know the ones
                    that are now a problem.......they're too good for us.

As for this continual face don't fit malarkey. Is Dave implying we are racist? Cause I really don't get this, of course his face fits. Ian Dowie's face fitted fine, (and
                    that is a tough face to fit in) until his football was dire.

Dave and club officials .....Listen very carefully. All we want is a team that shows up for a tough game,and not roll over and capitulate. We want a team that will, maybe not die for the shirt
                    but will risk injury trying to win the game for us, ...that might mean getting a little muddy too....sorry.
                    We want passion, desire, commitment and.......if I may be a little picky, a team that can pass a football to each other, creating chances for that problem wandering around amongst the
                    opposition defenders looking lonely,frustrated and probably getting bored.
                    Rambo's face fits fine .......His football he's serving up at the moment, don't.
                    Last edited by QPRDave; 01-10-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      More nonsense, common knowledge AC Milan were in talks. Do you just sit there and make this #### up?
                      No it's not at all as if there was a serious offer for him he would of gone the fact he didn't proves nobody wanted him

He didn't have a pre season and sat on his #### in Brazil
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Well if the majority of R's fans take this article the way the majority on here have, the club's propaganda dept will be given a raise.
                        So ....keeping our best striker is a problem?...That problem has scored 50% of our goals so far, where would we be in the table without them?
                        The transfer strategy in the past wasn't exactly what the fans would've gone with either, so most welcome Luongo & Gladwin etc.
                        But Dave seems to have forgotten about the Perch transfer. A transfer made when we already had a rb in the club, who was persuaded to sign an
                        extension when on the brink of leaving, to the be dumped out on loan before the season started.

Because we've been hammered at Fulham in the past under different managers makes it acceptable now seems to be the line Dave/club want the fans to follow.
                        Well ok Dave let's play that game then. Warnock & Arry took us up in their 1st season in charge in the champs, over to you.

The harm I can see with the club not being in the prem next season is the huge windfall that will imo make the top division a closed shop.
                        Ok I hear the fans that say, "well the champs is better anyway" but what about this new stadium?, training ground?. Are they going to build these things
                        for a 2nd tier club, possibly marooned outside of the glamour lge and it's riches?

Some fans as I say are not fussed about the prem, but it's not the same with players. How will we organically build this team/club to compete in the top division
                        if our best players are always lured away? Which they will be. We've just had a summer of nail biting over 2 or 3 of our best players leaving........You know the ones

As for this continual face don't fit malarkey. Is Dave implying we are racist? Cause I really don't get this, of course his face fits. Ian Dowie's face fitted fine, (and

Dave and club officials .....Listen very carefully. All we want is a team that shows up for a tough game,and not roll over and capitulate. We want a team that will, maybe not die for the shirt
                        but will risk injury trying to win the game for us, ...that might mean getting a little muddy too....sorry.
                        We want passion, desire, commitment and.......if I may be a little picky, a team that can pass a football to each other, creating chances for that problem wandering around amongst the
                        Rambo's face fits fine .......His football he's serving up at the moment, don't.
                        Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          I don't disagree with you mate but am just doubting the 90% figure. However I am only talking about forums. At the games that figure may well have been fine.
                          I have became a big critic of both him and L F but if they can turn round playing style and give me something to send me home happy win or lose [hopefully win]by the end of October I'd be happy for him , last season after the home man u game I went home chuffed even tho we lost because we played very well and deserved something out of the game but Man Us cream came to the top , Liverpool the same we deserved something but individual errors left us with zilch but those games gave me hope but even when we win I'm left shaking by head and left worrying , so when I read D Mc coming out that sort crap that insinuates that us paying fans need to look at ourselves as tho we have no right complain about the dross as he needs more time and posters say great read leaves me thinking omg , we have got our results and points because our cream has come to the top not because of anything to do with the coaching

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Your last paragraph we haven't had a team like that consistently since Holloway bar a season with Warnock but that was quickly killed with our transfer policy

I don't mind the Prem if we're competitive and actually have a proper team but both times we have gone up we have pissed all the money away on poor transfers where playees only came to us for the money

I don't think he insinuating Rangers fans are racist more that he isn't a big name which is what we have had the last few years
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Leadham

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
                              Believe it or not I actually like Ramsey and Les. They are good people. They are I really believe trying to do the right thing. Both are not the most experienced in their position. We don't really need yet more changes to personnel. HOWEVER, Les needs to stop trying to take pressure off of Ramsey by massively downgrading our prospects....they might be good mates but in management arms length independent views are important. Les needs to change his style and be much more bullish and upbeat....it is VERY realistic to say we will challenge for top 6 this season!

Ramsey IMHO needs a bloody good experienced deputy and respected leader....Gerry Francis, Warnock or equivalent to give him feedback such as:

One up front with an unproven midfielder new to the club in support doesn't work!
                              The defence is not working!
                              You have to play a mix of experience AND youth/new players!
                              Don't alienate your experienced professionals!
                              Try and attack the opposition more- we have some great talent!!!!
                              Make the opposition fear us - we have the talent!!!
                              Get the crowd on your side - stop undermining the club and fans - who can smell BS!
                              Get an experienced no.2 ASAP!
                              Stop hoofing the ball and try and play football -we will love you for it - even if we lose some games trying!
                              Be more open about the faults of the team -don't always blame them!
                              Read a couple of great books on Rangers history - learn from history - we succeed when we are a TEAM and we play football ON the ground at our fortress!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                                No it's not at all as if there was a serious offer for him he would of gone the fact he didn't proves nobody wanted him

He didn't have a pre season and sat on his #### in Brazil
                                Yeh you're right obviously. AC Milan fancied wasting their time talking to a player they didn't want to sign..... And like you said, both him and Fer are ####, admittedly both mid twenties, full International Midfielders for Grade A nations, but I agree with u, rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X