Gotta get this off my chest guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
    We sound like old farts ..... But I do not consider myself as such and really want the best modern approach for Rangers ie new stadium training ground best players and training medical techniques - always loved us to compete and dreamed of another 1975/6 scenario - league champions!
    I AM an old fart and I don't give one mate! Young at heart, that's the key.

Comment

Comment

Les Ferdinand says promotion not realistic yet and effectively ruled it out altogether, quoting fulhams near relegation yet with the players retained ie Austen Sandro Phillips Fer Green I cannot understand why he does not at least point out to QPR fans "we are aiming for the top 6, we are going to give it our best shot, we may fail trying, but we are going for it, if we fail we finish in mid table!". I worked for years running companies and teams with up to 30 -400 people and everybody got excited and worked together to try our very very best to be the number 1 in our field, if we failed we came damn close. How on earth can he demotivate the team and supporters by ruling out all possibility of going up - in nearly 50 years of supporting rangers I have never heard such utter rubbish and ask myself for £500 odd cost of my season ticket should I not buy one and wait until we build a team good enough to compete for top 6, then buy. He wants our support, and money, and asks us to understand consolidation is just about the full ambition of the club. If that is it, why don't we all follow the lead and stop going to "consolidation" seasons and wait until Les says we have a team now that could reach the top 6. This season we are ###xxd before we start.

My other gripe is Michael Harriman whom I have watched grow and develop into a very, very good full back. Wycombe top of their league good goals against record, Harriman scored 3 goals from full back and plays every game. Perch is pretty awful, cost £1m or do, over 30, no attacking part to his game. What are we doing ..........? Harriman should be at least his understudy!

Pissed off with QPR at the moment.....still got my season ticket but they are making it so much harder to go and enjoy the football. We are ALWAYS REBUILDING this bloody club!

Sorry rant over.
        totally agree mate

Comment

Leadham you are spot on .... Total defeatist talk.....

Its probably due to the fact that it is Chris Ramsey not up to the task, not so much the players - hence wanting more time..

We will never have a better chance of promotion with this group of players (yes tweaking needed re Perch, Henrty etc) - not too late to fix..

All consolidation means is that we remain in the championship, lose our best players and then enter into a further spiral of decline ....

Given our position and the players currently at our disposal, consolidation is not an option

Would you hear Mourinho et al spouting such utter b@@@ox .....
          Last edited by skranger; 30-09-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post

Its probably due to the fact that it is Chris Ramsey not up to the task, not so much the players - hence wanting more time..

We will never have a better chance of promotion with this group of players (yes tweaking needed re Perch, Henrty etc) - not too late to fix..

All consolidation means is that we remain in the championship, lose our best players and then enter into a further spiral of decline ....

Given our position and the players currently at our disposal, consolidation is not an option

No, but you do hear total b@@@ox coming from him/them
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Les Ferdinand says promotion not realistic yet and effectively ruled it out altogether, quoting fulhams near relegation yet with the players retained ie Austen Sandro Phillips Fer Green I cannot understand why he does not at least point out to QPR fans "we are aiming for the top 6, we are going to give it our best shot, we may fail trying, but we are going for it, if we fail we finish in mid table!". I worked for years running companies and teams with up to 30 -400 people and everybody got excited and worked together to try our very very best to be the number 1 in our field, if we failed we came damn close. How on earth can he demotivate the team and supporters by ruling out all possibility of going up - in nearly 50 years of supporting rangers I have never heard such utter rubbish and ask myself for £500 odd cost of my season ticket should I not buy one and wait until we build a team good enough to compete for top 6, then buy. He wants our support, and money, and asks us to understand consolidation is just about the full ambition of the club. If that is it, why don't we all follow the lead and stop going to "consolidation" seasons and wait until Les says we have a team now that could reach the top 6. This season we are ###xxd before we start.

My other gripe is Michael Harriman whom I have watched grow and develop into a very, very good full back. Wycombe top of their league good goals against record, Harriman scored 3 goals from full back and plays every game. Perch is pretty awful, cost £1m or do, over 30, no attacking part to his game. What are we doing ..........? Harriman should be at least his understudy!

Pissed off with QPR at the moment.....still got my season ticket but they are making it so much harder to go and enjoy the football. We are ALWAYS REBUILDING this bloody club!

Sorry rant over.
              Thanks for putting into words what has been bleeding out of the hearts of the most ardent Rangers fans. Les' defensive, defeatist riff leaves you both angry and speechless; and the message it sends to the players, especially the older salts at higher wages, is don't worry, put in some effort and all is good. As for giving CR more time, as much as he seems to be a very decent bloke, the question there is simply about his abilities to motivate and manage talent into a seamless, all-for-one, one-for-all team. Think the players like, but far from respect, him. His tactical smarts seem totally absent, his team selections maddeningly conservative, and if he doesn't ask for a defensive assistant who can mold our shattered defense it won't much matter what he, Les, TF or anyone else says or doesn't say.

One more thing. There's all this appreciation shown by players these days for the fans; last case in point, the 4000 who kept their chins up all the way through the Fulham disaster. Why doesn't Les extend us the same respect? Because when you look at his recent defense of mediocrity, he might as well tell the fans, face to face, he doesn't give a #### what they believe or feel. This is the kind of thing that ruins a club's ethos faster than petulant, high-wage players who don't give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Good rant. I make you right. He sounds defeatist and we played like an already defeated team last Friday. This whole new ethos of lowering expectations seems designed to be a counterbalance to the last few years of wildly optimistic predictions from our hapless chairman. But the tone is all wrong. (as is the Tone, for that matter). Also agree with you on Harriman. There's so much more that can be said and has been said. Bottom line is, we have a team that could achieve promotion. Why not go for it?
                Embarrassingly, I think we are going for it. We are just going for it really, really badly so Les is now trying to claim we are not really going for it. Bit like the bloke in the bar who fails to chat up the pretty girl...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Serious question, is it REALLY that bad?
                  The football, yes it is. Atrocious, poor, unimaginative, slow, lack of excitement. How long have you got? I could go on?

Comment

What's going to be the excuse next year when all these top players have left?

We sold or lost all the best players we had?

It's a joke, with the players we have right now we should be fighting to get into the top 2 or 6th the minimum, it's not even funny.

Comment

i'd like les and ramsey both to do one., the football is clueless , onuaha back to perch , perch back to onuaha , onuaha back to green and so on. why retain the ball like this when we are 3 -0 down to fulham . we have no bite , lack heart and passion . i was at a game sunday we were losing 2 -3 , the manager was telling our team he needed 10% more, that they could do it , that he'd seen us do it before , to take a deep breathe and refuse to lose ... we won 6 -3 and all those fellas walked off knackered , but proud . back to ramsey he stands there arms folded motionless and the players stroll of , weak clap from some of them to our fans . been asking it for a long while now don't think this lot are to bothered if they lose they still getting paid. i want to here /see les come on the pitch before every game and say into a mic this team are going to bust a gut to win every game for u the fans and try and get promoted ...... if not what are we all going for saturday

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Embarrassingly, I think we are going for it. We are just going for it really, really badly so Les is now trying to claim we are not really going for it. Bit like the bloke in the bar who fails to chat up the pretty girl...
                        Exactly
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          No, but you do hear total b@@@ox coming from him/them
                          True ......

Comment

I think Sir Les has done a very good job and deserves credit for this BUT with the players we have the last month has been unacceptable. I don't expect to run away with the league but I also don't expect to be joint highest conceders and 15 goals behind 2nd place Boro ! Blackburn and Fulham were just not good enough how ever Les dresses it up and Ramsey has brought the pressure on himself by his dour tactics and uninspiring selections. We should be challenging for Top 6 and we are but not with any conviction !

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post

Spot on.
                              Ferdinand is talking rubbish to cover up his and Ramsey's deficiency.
                              QPR board if you're reading these comments act now and sack them both. Bri g in Allardyce Pearson or someone else who can actually manage and coach.

Comment

The sooner these pair of Clowns are sacked, the better. How can you expect players to go out and give their all when the DOF says they aren't good enough to challenge for a Championship play off place. Absolutely joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X