No announcement yet.

Ferdinand urges QPR fans to give Ramsey time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of in two minds here because as much as I want Ramsey out now, I agree with what Ferdinand is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      But Kirill “It’s about patience. It’s about consolidation"
      Consolidation of dismal performances and points dropped. There was plenty of that under Ramsey last season in the harsh PL. Now the same is beginning in the harsh Championship. What level is not harsh for Ramsey, I wonder?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        What a load of nonsense. If you're not in it to win it, don't go in it in the first place.

Fans can take defeats, christ we're used to it by now. We can take losing seasons. What we can't take is half arsed, highly paid clueless non-event performances which highlight the fact that the Manager hasn't a scooby what he is doing.

Everyone would rally round if it looked like we were heading in the right direction, but are we? The definition of madness is doing something that doesn't work and continuing to do it. That's where we are right now.
        Great post, couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          What a load of nonsense. If you're not in it to win it, don't go in it in the first place.

Fans can take defeats, christ we're used to it by now. We can take losing seasons. What we can't take is half arsed, highly paid clueless non-event performances which highlight the fact that the Manager hasn't a scooby what he is doing.

Everyone would rally round if it looked like we were heading in the right direction, but are we? The definition of madness is doing something that doesn't work and continuing to do it. That's where we are right now.
          This is spot on. It's less about the winning than about the style and effort of play, and about the players being chosen to play. On the latter, stop starting Henry -- this is sheer stubbornness by CR -- and start rotating the back line til we find a group that can stop making mistakes. How 'bout Onouha Hall Angella Yun for starters?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Oh yeh give him time? because he employed him and shows how inept the DOF is by giving someone who had no experience in management a job a3year contract?, and it would make him look what he is an inept DOF ,T.F. Needs to grow a pair and get rid of these 2 clowns now, before too much damage is done, The DOF is correct we don't have a Devine right to go back up but the supporters deserve to have a manager that should be able to motivate and know what he's doing, and we don't!!!!! , the reason our DOF won't sack him is because any manager worth his sort won't work under a DOF and that means he's gone too, well I hope it's sooner rather than later, that they're both gone,
            I totally agree.

He employed an amateur to coach and pick the team yet expects us to be patient.
            The results have been poor and inconsistent, but the performances have been dire. Not just the live game against Fulham , but others too. What about Forest also live on TV for all to see?

The defending is at best shambolic. Ramsey can't coach this lot to defend anymore than last season's defenders.

the midfield and attack lack cohesion which suggests to me, and I guess many others, that he is a youth team coach way out of his depth.

I repeat my comment from other threads, Ramsey is best suited to coaching 18s, 21s in a league where the table is not as important as players' development.

And if the DoF cannot see this, then both of them need to go and either of the co-Chairmen need to make the decision and relieve them of their posts.

Comment

Ferdinand implies that it is somehow irrational that expectations were raised when we kept Austin and Philips. No it isn't Les, as Austin admitted. That's £25m of talent alone you've kept there, plus Sandro and Fer. If Ramsey can't do something with that level of resource in this division, plenty of other managers could.

Also he says its about consolidation - well it would have been if the club had banked all that money in transfers. But it didn't and it is pure dishonesty to suggest that despite those big four staying we should not be among the favourites for promotion. If we don't go up those four will almost certainly go and be replaced by far cheaper, less accomplished alternatives. So we wouldn't be consolidating, we would be getting worse. By sticking out for high prices the club gambled on promotion, and now has to achieve it or it will end up like all the other formerly grand clubs in this division who have shot their bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                stop starting Henry -- this is sheer stubbornness by CR
                With Sandro and Fer now back, if Ramsey picks Henry again on Saturday then that confirms to me that we definitely have a problem with this manager.

Comment

Good Point Stainrod.

If this is the season for consolidation why are we allowing Austin to run down his contract and be worth nothing when he leaves on a free?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    With Sandro and Fer now back, if Ramsey picks Henry again on Saturday then that confirms to me that we definitely have a problem with this manager.
                    Every manager has their favourites. It used to infuriate me that Venners could play Gary Micklewhite over Tony Currie but he argued it worked for the balance of the team. However, you can only get away with those decisions long term if you were a winner. Venners was. Ramsey?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Consolidation of dismal performances and points dropped. There was plenty of that under Ramsey last season in the harsh PL. Now the same is beginning in the harsh Championship. What level is not harsh for Ramsey, I wonder?
                      Consolidation was the word in pre season when we expected the sales of Austin, Phillips Fer Sandro and Green. A squad with those in it should not be thinking of consolidating in this division. True, QPR have no divine right to win the league, Middlesboro Derby Hull etc would be competing too, but if Brighton can head the table with 21 points from 9 games, then clearly something is wrong at QPR.

If he has to stay, Ramsey needs to address the leaky defence asap.
                      Perch and Konchesky have done faff all about keeping clean sheets. If Yun is not fit, I'd rather have Hill or even Kpekwa playing at LB.

Onuoha has been at fault for some of the goals conceded and as CB and captain he should be organising them better. I'd move him to RB (strip him of the Captaincy), and recall Hall to play alongside Angella.

Sandro to replace Henry, with Luongo in CM and Phillips (R) and Chery or Gladwin (L) on the wings.

In the absence of Austin, bring in another striker on loan or if fit, play Polter alongside or Fer or Chery.

Comment

If Les sacks him, it makes Les look an idiot. All about trying to claw back some face. Ridiculous.

Like I posted the other day, it just hasn't worked, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They tried, Ramsey tried, but for whatever combinations of reasons, it hasn't clicked and we are suffering, standard wise and results wise.

Les has basically said, it doesn't matter if we stay up by 1 point. This season was always about changing the personnel, the philosophy and the way the football side is run, and we'll worry about things next season.

Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Every manager has their favourites. It used to infuriate me that Venners could play Gary Micklewhite over Tony Currie but he argued it worked for the balance of the team. However, you can only get away with those decisions long term if you were a winner. Venners was. Ramsey?
                          Good point there. I recall those days too, but could see what Micklewhite brought to the team and accepted it.

Question for Ramsey, Wtf does Henry bring to the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            If Les sacks him, it makes Les look an idiot. All about trying to claw back some face. Ridiculous.

Like I posted the other day, it just hasn't worked, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They tried, Ramsey tried, but for whatever combinations of reasons, it hasn't clicked and we are suffering, standard wise and results wise.

Les has basically said, it doesn't matter if we stay up by 1 point. This season was always about changing the personnel, the philosophy and the way the football side is run, and we'll worry about things next season.

Unreal.
                            Totally stupid comments from DoF. I guess the F must stand for Failure.

Comment

Could you imagine the likes of Boro, Burnley, Sheff Wed, Bolton, Brighton, Leeds etc. etc., having a squad consisting of Green, Sandro, Fer, Austin, Chery and Phillips and attempting to tell their fans that the aim is consolidation?

I'm just finding it hard to believe the continuous drivel that LF and CR trot out on a regular basis. Just keep your mouths shut, your ridiculously pathetic aspirations to yourselves and start doing the job expected of people on the sort of salaries you are getting. If you can't, probably best if you have the guts to admit you can't hack it now, as I very much doubt that TF and co have it in them to act in time.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                I'm just finding it hard to believe the continuous drivel that LF and CR trot out on a regular basis.
                                I think they are merely mimicking TF's public BS-infested style of running a business in justified hope that he likes that and retains them for longer.
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X