Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Stan use to do it regularly :-) and Stainrod
    Not sure what happened there half my message was missing..........went onto say I love Sir Les and Shaun Derry My Lord but the fans aren't stupid, we know when things are going well and Ramseys performance since taking the job has been shocking overall.

Comment

Where Derry does have a point about the team not being as good as we all think it is:

1) defence - despite that being the obvious weak area Ramsey waited till last knockings to bring in some fairly desperate signings. Result? 17 goals conceded.

2) attack - we are a one man band, Charlie hasn't lasted a whole season with us yet and playing on his own is only going to add to the pressure on him. Now he is out injured and it is like "oh dear, what do we do now?"

But we do have about 76 midfield players.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Where Derry does have a point about the team not being as good as we all think it is:

1) defence - despite that being the obvious weak area Ramsey waited till last knockings to bring in some fairly desperate signings. Result? 17 goals conceded.

2) attack - we are a one man band, Charlie hasn't lasted a whole season with us yet and playing on his own is only going to add to the pressure on him. Now he is out injured and it is like "oh dear, what do we do now?"

Going forward we have a lot of ability, not just Charlie. Matty Phillips was an in demand PL player last season, we have Leroy Fer who scored for Holland in last year's World Cup, Sandro who is an established PL player (albeit made of glass) as well as Ale, Chery, Luongo etc who are all decent players.
        So I don't buy that we aren't good enough going forward, but our defence is genuinely turd. The amount of goals we've conceded is nothing short of pathetic. We won't achieve anything whilst we are leaking goals as we are, regardless of how much talent we have in the attacking areas.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

maybe we will play the spain way with no strikers!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Going forward we have a lot of ability, not just Charlie. Matty Phillips was an in demand PL player last season, we have Leroy Fer who scored for Holland in last year's World Cup, Sandro who is an established PL player (albeit made of glass) as well as Ale, Chery, Luongo etc who are all decent players.
            So I don't buy that we aren't good enough going forward, but our defence is genuinely turd. The amount of goals we've conceded is nothing short of pathetic. We won't achieve anything whilst we are leaking goals as we are, regardless of how much talent we have in the attacking areas.
            its also the type of goals we are conceding, umpteen free headers for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
              its also the type of goals we are conceding, umpteen free headers for a start.
              Worrying aint it, we aren't even getting the very basics right when it comes to defending.

Comment

Agree we have loads of ability, just a hell of a lot of it is in midfield/ the wings.

Comment

I'm not entirely convinced with our attack. Philips is good but not great, Chery is finding his feet but I've got faith he'll be a big player for us, Fer returning will be a big plus. But Luongo, Faurlin, Sandro, Henry, Hoillet don't offer much when attacking. Unconvinced by JET & Gladwin, and Polter looks poor.

Got to agree that defence is STILL our achilles heel. Shameful that we haven't sorted this out, it's been this way for the best part of 5 years now! Green is undeniably shite, our fullbacks are awful and we still don't have a really solid CB pairing.

Having said that we have a squad at least capable of challenging for promotion.

Comment

As for those sayng about Clint playing, please no. Our defence is $hit at the moment, no hiding from that, and I know when all have the hump as we do at the moment it is easy to get sentimental & maybe think of players with a bit more nostalgia than sense, but Clint is NOT the answer. Love the bloke, been a brilliant servant to us and, whilst he will give 100% for the cause, he really is not good enough anymore.
                    At Championship level? Not sure I agree with that.

Also, I'm not sure that is the right question. For me, the question is whether he is better that the players who are out there. He certainly brings something to the team in terms of character that the others are lacking.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Chery was out of order, yes he was frustrated and can understand that, (Ramsey had a Tony that evening), but Chery still showed a total lack of respect. If it were, say, Tarbs that had done the same, he would be castigated for it, regardless of circumstances. In fairness though, he has since apologised so I don't think any less of Chery for it.

Agree with upperloft's post above in that that was no way the "most disappointing" thig about it... That pathetic performace was far more disappointing than Chery having a tantrum.

As for those sayng about Clint playing, please no. Our defence is $hit at the moment, no hiding from that, and I know when all have the hump as we do at the moment it is easy to get sentimental & maybe think of players with a bit more nostalgia than sense, but Clint is NOT the answer. Love the bloke, been a brilliant servant to us and, whilst he will give 100% for the cause, he really is not good enough anymore.
                      Agree.. Clint hasn't been good enough for ages, although looking at out CB's who are there now, he probably won't do a bad job.. I expect more from Green and Onouha as our Two senior players, I keep getting told how good they are but still haven't witnessed it over a string of games.. But the only defence they get from me is how poor the holding midfielders are.. I thought Henry was ok last year.. One of our better players even though that couldn't of been hard but he has been rotten this season and is still getting played.. Faurlin is done, not fit, won't go into any challenges, should have been let go, Tozer.. First game I saw he looked good, really competent.. But in the last few he's looked like a donkey.. I put in a prev post that we have two holding MF's and still shipping that many goals.. Scandalous. I think it runs deeper than player selection.. Tactics , style of play, coaching, etc.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Worrying aint it, we aren't even getting the very basics right when it comes to defending.
                        Again this reflects on Ramsey he should take his defenders out on to the centre spot and point to last row of SAR and Elersley and say that's row z if I you have any doubts kick it there , when you are under pressure leather it as far as possible that way you gain time to reposition yourselves ,
                        ramsey allows our defenders to think they are better than what they really are and he needs to get them playing to their limitations as some one pointed on the football league show cant remeber was it about conceding the last goal

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Clint starts for me Saturday. Probably paired with Hall.
                          Agree.

Comment

It baffles me that after so many years with way too many defensive errors we still canīt do what many good teams have done; build from the back. Strange, indeed.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Football is a simple game, just made difficult by people trying to be smart. Defenders defend, midfielders create and forwards score. Simples
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Again this reflects on Ramsey he should take his defenders out on to the centre spot and point to last row of SAR and Elersley and say that's row z if I you have any doubts kick it there , when you are under pressure leather it as far as possible that way you gain time to reposition yourselves ,
                                ramsey allows our defenders to think they are better than what they really are and he needs to get them playing to their limitations as some one pointed on the football league show cant remeber was it about conceding the last goal
                                Sort of agree with that but players have to be accountable . They're the ones on the pitch and they have their own brain, they've all played long enough to know what to do with a football and when to get rid.

Comment

Working...
                                X