Shaun Derry column in Brent & Kilburn Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry column in Brent & Kilburn Times

Tjaronn Chery’s reaction to being substituted against Fulham was appalling… Chris Ramsey has got a tough enough job as it is at QPR

Hello all and welcome to my second column for the Brent & Kilburn Times.

Firstly I want to clarify to some people on Twitter who questioned why I should be commenting on matters concerning QPR, that I do watch the club on a regular basis.

In fact I’ve had access to watch all of their games so far this season, which is only right considering I have a column covering the club, so therefore I feel I am within my rights to express an opinion on them.

Now that’s been cleared up where do we start? There aren’t any positives to come out of Friday’s match at Fulham – no-one can come out with any kind of credit from the 4-0 thrashing at Craven Cottage.

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/..._qpr_1_4251900
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Hill in at LB maybe, surely not at CB? I respect Derry's opinions and agree about playing 2 up front, that just looked too easy for Fulham to move the ball up the pitch!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

I agree with Derry....I'd play Clint at centre back, not got enough pace for left back.
      To reiterate I would love to see Derry back at the club with Warnock. But as a coach on his own if need be.
      Superb character and what we missed before he joined and what we miss now he's left

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        I agree with Derry....I'd play Clint at centre back, not got enough pace for left back.
        To reiterate I would love to see Derry back at the club with Warnock. But as a coach on his own if need be.
        Superb character and what we missed before he joined and what we miss now he's left
        It wouldn't surprise me to see it either Dave.

Comment

At the time I can understand Chery's frustrations and the fans clapping him but I agree with Derry, looking at it after the fans and chery were wrong. The only thing I don't agree with is Derry's assessment of the squad. Make no mistake we have a top 2 championship squad. Maybe not for the next month but Charlie has played all the previous games and look where we are.....

Comment

How could the fans know at the time he was throwing a strop by walking to the changing rooms??

Comment

Maybe Derry in the coaching setup ?? I feel Ramsey needs a hard man along side him and Derry could help

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                At the time I can understand Chery's frustrations and the fans clapping him but I agree with Derry, looking at it after the fans and chery were wrong. The only thing I don't agree with is Derry's assessment of the squad. Make no mistake we have a top 2 championship squad. Maybe not for the next month but Charlie has played all the previous games and look where we are.....
                Squad on paper..squat on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Same here mate.

Derry was one of my fav players over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                    How could the fans know at the time he was throwing a strop by walking to the changing rooms??
                    In fairness it was pretty obvious, especially when there was no physio with him. Hence the chants of 'you don't know what you're doing'

Comment

Chery reacted wrongly but stop trying to cover up Ramseys failings, he has brought this on himself with his poor tactics. Chery was made the scapegoat for his managers lack of management know how.

Comment

When he says the 'most dissapointing' thing was the Chery incident is wrong, surely it's the debacle on the pitch??
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Chery was out of order, yes he was frustrated and can understand that, (Ramsey had a Tony that evening), but Chery still showed a total lack of respect. If it were, say, Tarbs that had done the same, he would be castigated for it, regardless of circumstances. In fairness though, he has since apologised so I don't think any less of Chery for it.

Agree with upperloft's post above in that that was no way the "most disappointing" thig about it... That pathetic performace was far more disappointing than Chery having a tantrum.

As for those sayng about Clint playing, please no. Our defence is $hit at the moment, no hiding from that, and I know when all have the hump as we do at the moment it is easy to get sentimental & maybe think of players with a bit more nostalgia than sense, but Clint is NOT the answer. Love the bloke, been a brilliant servant to us and, whilst he will give 100% for the cause, he really is not good enough anymore.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Clint starts for me Saturday. Probably paired with Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Chery was out of order, yes he was frustrated and can understand that, (Ramsey had a Tony that evening), but Chery still showed a total lack of respect. If it were, say, Tarbs that had done the same, he would be castigated for it, regardless of circumstances. In fairness though, he has since apologised so I don't think any less of Chery for it.

Agree with upperloft's post above in that that was no way the "most disappointing" thig about it... That pathetic performace was far more disappointing than Chery having a tantrum.

As for those sayng about Clint playing, please no. Our defence is $hit at the moment, no hiding from that, and I know when all have the hump as we do at the moment it is easy to get sentimental & maybe think of players with a bit more nostalgia than sense, but Clint is NOT the answer. Love the bloke, been a brilliant servant to us and, whilst he will give 100% for the cause, he really is not good enough anymore.
                              Stan use to do it regularly :-) and Stainrod

Comment

Working...
                              X