What on earth has happened to Diakite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    This is old ground now, with several threads at the time.

These were Ramsey's widely reported quotes from August:

“We say to Samba ‘You’re a very good player but you need to control your temperament.’ He’s very eager, shall I say. The advice that we give to Samba is that you need to be trusted on the field of play. You can have everything else but at the moment he’s trying to keep a lid on that and control that part of his game.

He has got ability but that trust element is very, very important. You could be winning the game and then give away a silly penalty or free-kick. He has the ability to defend properly, though. Samba trains and plays hard. I played him against Atalanta and he impressed.

As a person you would want him to do well. But you know football is a cruel game and you can only pick the players you believe are going to help the team win. At the moment I haven’t been able to fit him into the squad. He’ll still be treated with the same respect as everyone else.”
    What I don't like about that quote is it's extremely contradictory. Says that he impressed and works really hard but doesn't trust him so not even in the squad. There's no way he is worse or less reliable than others in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
      What I don't like about that quote is it's extremely contradictory. Says that he impressed and works really hard but doesn't trust him so not even in the squad. There's no way he is worse or less reliable than others in the squad.
      Tbf Ramsey can't say 'He's a man mental wrong 'un', can he? Pretty much implies it, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Tbf Ramsey can't say 'He's a man mental wrong 'un', can he? Pretty much implies it, however.
        If he was, like I said earlier, why bring him on tour? Why play him in the ressies? For what? Pay him up and let him go as he's getting the same money just wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          If he was, like I said earlier, why bring him on tour? Why play him in the ressies? For what? Pay him up and let him go as he's getting the same money just wasting everyone's time.
          This and I ask one question of Ramsey, why was he not selected against Carlisle in place of Gobern? the cup was treated like a reserve game anyway, so if Diakite lost the plot who would care?

Comment

In answer to the question that is the subject of this thread: He has suddenly realized his contract is about to run out and the QPR gravy train is about to end so he has decided to play football again until some other mug (or the same one) comes along and decides to renew his gravy train so that he can do nothing for another 3 or 4 years. That is what has happened to Diakite.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              In answer to the question that is the subject of this thread: He has suddenly realized his contract is about to run out and the QPR gravy train is about to end so he has decided to play football again until some other mug (or the same one) comes along and decides to renew his gravy train so that he can do nothing for another 3 or 4 years. That is what has happened to Diakite.
              nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                Rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Rubbish
                  Time will tell.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Ideal player to have come off the bench Friday when your down want to ruffle opposition players and put a few challenges in.

Comment

Winds me up hearing this. Ramsey trying to fix a weak defence by playing 2 defensive midfielders in ale and henry and this is clearly not working so let's make changes. Diakite is the only player bar fee that carries the ball. Yes he might lose it but surely that's part of trying to make something happen. Him and Sandro will give us a physical presents too
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Winds me up hearing this. Ramsey trying to fix a weak defence by playing 2 defensive midfielders in ale and henry and this is clearly not working so let's make changes. Diakite is the only player bar fee that carries the ball. Yes he might lose it but surely that's part of trying to make something happen. Him and Sandro will give us a physical presents too
                        What's that going to be then, weights, dumbells and excercise bike?
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          when you say "lose it", do you mean the ball, the plot or both?

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                            when you say "lose it", do you mean the ball, the plot or both?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                            X