Captain Onuoha reflects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    “We made a lot of mistakes, a lot of mistakes – and every time we did, we got punished. It quickly got to the stage where we were chasing the game against a side that were feeling confident, and in front of their own fans. We ended up chasing shadows in part, and it was just unacceptable.

There were individual mistakes, and collective mistakes as well. We didn’t do things the way we should have done to deal with their threats. They are a dangerous side, and showed that by scoring four goals – but there are things we should have done, and could have done, better and we didn’t. We just didn’t do it.

It was so disappointing. When it was 2-0, I was saying, ‘Just dig in, hold on, let’s be solid’ because I thought we could still turn it around, like we did at Wolves. But then the third went in and we had barely reached half an hour.

Every time they had a threat, it seemed to end up with a goal. It was hugely disappointing. We have got to stay level headed. Whether you win or you lose, you can’t get carried away. There are so many games. We’re disappointed we’ve lost, particularly when it’s so convincing in a derby, but there’s a game next week at home to Bolton.

Players will want to make amends, and hopefully by the time Fulham come to our place we will be in better shape and can get a result which will have our fans leaving the stadium with broad smiles on their faces.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ne...zbicsPXJTUg.99
    ...is it just the way i'm reading it, or does he sound not that bothered?

friday was not just 'unacceptable', it was a total shambles.

we didn't get punished 'every time' we made a mistake, we would have got our all-time worst defeat if that had happened.

4:0 flattered us, there's been games where we've played better and gotten heavier drubbings.

if this is supposed to reassure me, it's really failed.

Comment

same old, same old, probably printed on A4 and brought out of the cupboard every other month
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Sorry to seem a miserable git, but this looks very much like the usual claptrap trotted out after each and every let down.

If talking a good game were all there was to it, we would win the league by a street. About time the manager came out and stated categorically that there will be no more excuses. That he will do his job properly from now on in, allowing the players we have to do what they are capable of.

Quite frankly, the powers that be should have more respect for the fans than to even consider putting this sort of nonsense on the official site. The fact that they haven't is a worrying sign in my view. It sort of conveys the impression that what we have seen this season is in any way acceptable. It isn't.
        Great post, especially agree with the bit about having more respect for the fans that to feed us this $hit.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
          ...is it just the way i'm reading it, or does he sound not that bothered?
          It's the way he always comes across in his interviews - just very laid back.

Comment

What we need is a captain in midfield to drive the team forward exactly like Barton was. Aggressive, committed and full of heart. Come on Clint time to move up the pitch mate....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
              It's been like that since Hughes to be honest. Our defenders seem to be under orders to just stand there and ball watch.
              Possibly the most frustrating thing for me about watching us.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                It's been like that since Hughes to be honest. Our defenders seem to be under orders to just stand there and ball watch.
                Yes you're probably right. I remember posting the same thing last year under Arry

Comment

Different player, same old S.hit.
                  How dare the club insult us with this rubbish.
                  How about Onuoha and the rest of those players donate their wages for last week to Charity? Wont make a bit of difference to the result or league table but at least we'll know they lost more than the points and their self respect.
                  Also, it doesnt help when the Head Coach (joke) comes out with " it was a bad day at the office"

Comment

Trouble is Nedum, is that Fulham could and should have won that by 7 or 8 and in our last home game v Blackburn we should have been 3-0 down by half time had they taken their chances or Smithies not redeemed himself with 2 great saves.

Comment

as I suspected, Foolham came unstuck, which just makes Friday all the more painful. While it could have been anything up to 10 against us, I've just seen the Sky highlights and Wolves could have had a cricket score against the Ruperts
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Henry, Fer and Chery have since been trotted out to make similar pointless platitudes.

Comment

It's a good reason not to subscribe to player. Hate boring footballer interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Mackie
                            "The manager is trying to find the right formula, the right way of making it click"

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...CETtqXdK9OO.99
                            That's obviously not true Jamie, otherwise why does he keep picking the same eleven with the same formation? And furthermore, commit the football manager's cardinal sin of changing a winning team?

Comment

All Nedum needs to reflect on is how as a captain and a centre half he can make himself more like Clint Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                I'd like to know why our players can't press, battle, compete, run, challenge, get in the oppo faces, .....you get the idea.
                                Now that sums up what QPR are made off. Put those important words in practice and everyone will be happy. I am sure we will climb the table doing just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X