Captain Onuoha reflects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Onuoha reflects...

“We made a lot of mistakes, a lot of mistakes – and every time we did, we got punished. It quickly got to the stage where we were chasing the game against a side that were feeling confident, and in front of their own fans. We ended up chasing shadows in part, and it was just unacceptable.

There were individual mistakes, and collective mistakes as well. We didn’t do things the way we should have done to deal with their threats. They are a dangerous side, and showed that by scoring four goals – but there are things we should have done, and could have done, better and we didn’t. We just didn’t do it.

It was so disappointing. When it was 2-0, I was saying, ‘Just dig in, hold on, let’s be solid’ because I thought we could still turn it around, like we did at Wolves. But then the third went in and we had barely reached half an hour.

Every time they had a threat, it seemed to end up with a goal. It was hugely disappointing. We have got to stay level headed. Whether you win or you lose, you can’t get carried away. There are so many games. We’re disappointed we’ve lost, particularly when it’s so convincing in a derby, but there’s a game next week at home to Bolton.

Players will want to make amends, and hopefully by the time Fulham come to our place we will be in better shape and can get a result which will have our fans leaving the stadium with broad smiles on their faces.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ne...zbicsPXJTUg.99

B0ll0x

Comment

pathetic

Comment

Sorry to seem a miserable git, but this looks very much like the usual claptrap trotted out after each and every let down.

If talking a good game were all there was to it, we would win the league by a street. About time the manager came out and stated categorically that there will be no more excuses. That he will do his job properly from now on in, allowing the players we have to do what they are capable of.

Quite frankly, the powers that be should have more respect for the fans than to even consider putting this sort of nonsense on the official site. The fact that they haven't is a worrying sign in my view. It sort of conveys the impression that what we have seen this season is in any way acceptable. It isn't.

Comment

Captain Onouha ,,,,, now that's a joke in itself

Comment

Blah blah blah

Comment

I'd like to know why our players can't press, battle, compete, run, challenge, get in the oppo faces, .....you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                I'd like to know why our players can't press, battle, compete, run, challenge, get in the oppo faces, .....you get the idea.
                exactly easy saying it go out and b loody do it. all the things you say are the very least every single player should offer anything else is a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  exactly easy saying it go out and b loody do it. all the things you say are the very least every single player should offer anything else is a bonus
                  This article sums up that we should have Barton still here and as captain. He did talk plenty of ######## but never looked for being accepted and was a real grafter on the pitch. Didn't see any Barton's on the pitch v Fulham
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

same old b ollocks
                    he is part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      It's been like that since Hughes to be honest. Our defenders seem to be under orders to just stand there and ball watch.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Just wish we'd stop with all the stupid talk and play football without making continual mistakes. Not that hard is it?

Every week someone's making excuses.

Comment

I wonder who the club will pick to come out Thursday or Friday and say what a really positive week it's been on the training ground and how all the players can't wait to make amends for the Fulham game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            “We made a lot of mistakes, a lot of mistakes – and every time we did, we got punished. It quickly got to the stage where we were chasing the game against a side that were feeling confident, and in front of their own fans. We ended up chasing shadows in part, and it was just unacceptable.

There were individual mistakes, and collective mistakes as well. We didn’t do things the way we should have done to deal with their threats. They are a dangerous side, and showed that by scoring four goals – but there are things we should have done, and could have done, better and we didn’t. We just didn’t do it.

It was so disappointing. When it was 2-0, I was saying, ‘Just dig in, hold on, let’s be solid’ because I thought we could still turn it around, like we did at Wolves. But then the third went in and we had barely reached half an hour.

Every time they had a threat, it seemed to end up with a goal. It was hugely disappointing. We have got to stay level headed. Whether you win or you lose, you can’t get carried away. There are so many games. We’re disappointed we’ve lost, particularly when it’s so convincing in a derby, but there’s a game next week at home to Bolton.

Players will want to make amends, and hopefully by the time Fulham come to our place we will be in better shape and can get a result which will have our fans leaving the stadium with broad smiles on their faces.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ne...zbicsPXJTUg.99
                            Been sent out by ramshyte to spout that cra p.

#apuppetspuppet
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              This article sums up that we should have Barton still here and as captain. He did talk plenty of ######## but never looked for being accepted and was a real grafter on the pitch. Didn't see any Barton's on the pitch v Fulham
                              Agree we need a real leader on the pitch, a la Barton/ Clint or Derry type.
                              Thinkbwe need to move on from Joey Barton though.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X