Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Impey - your memories

Hello there.

I'm writing an article about Andy Impey (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any memories/stories you have - good or bad - please post them here. Doesn't even have to be a story/memory as such, could just be your general view on his time at QPR. Especially good would be any personal memories you have of meeting him/seeing him around - stuff like that.

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website next week. So if you don't want your comments to be used then let me know, and they won't be.

I should point out I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm actually a Hammer. Feel free to abuse me for this!

Cheers,
    Kevin

Fantastic winger. Could beat a man with ease & Sir Les has a lot to thank Imps for, the amount he put on a plate for him.

Comment

Scoring at port vale and being on the pitch with a glass of poo after we won at Watford to get promoted.

Comment

Great winger, has a good cross on him both with the ball and his right hand!
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Leaping the hoardings at Vicarage Road throwing 2 coppers a dummy and laying out Barnsleys right back in the cup game Trev scored that goal.

Comment

The west-Indian shop at the top of Adelaide Grove

Comment

Imps was part of the only side that has come near to emulating the 75/76 side for style and flair, Impey, Sinclair, Sir Les, Macca, Bardsley, Wilson, Wilkins, Sinton etc devastating going forward and tore sides apart.....Happy Days.

Comment

Always seemed to score at Arsenal.

Comment

Asked him why he weren't playing for is in the evening standard 5 a side at Wembley early 90's when I see him and he replied " cos I'm in the first team Saturday innit".he had a proper cruciate black leather jacket on.
                  "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                  London Pride is a flower that's free.
                  London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                  And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                    Scoring at port vale and being on the pitch with a glass of poo after we won at Watford to get promoted.
                    I just done a real lol.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I cant remember what year it was, Harry Redknapp was on the concourse of the SA Road stand at half time. I cant even remember who we were playing, I said hello to Harry he acknowledged me back, then during the week he bought (nicked) Andy Impey from us and he went to West ham. I was gutted. Must be around 1996/7 or around that era.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        I just done a real lol.

What's all this about Andy Impey carrying a glass of poo?

Comment

Many thanks for your help guys - the piece is now published: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bla...110646704.html

I credited the site for quotes rather than individual posters as that gets a bit too messy.

Feel free to share far and wide if you like it! (and if you don't, just abuse me here)

Cheers again,
                          Kevin

Comment

Working...
                          X