Lets talk about Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    So far he has escaped most criticism but Ramsey was 100% his appointment. Fernandez is getting most of the blame but isn't the truth that Ferdinand wanted to be almost a manager at one remove, but safe from the sack by calling himself director of football? My impression - and I might be completely wrong - is that all major decisions are Les's. But the problem is that creates a power vacuum because the players know Les is the one who calls the shots but he isn't in the dressing room giving the team talk or the post mortem. Chris could be shouting his head off but the players are probably thinking quietly "yeah, OK, whatever".

In order to maximise his own power Les has, it seems, appointed someone who isn't strong enough to manage the team.

Think Les should either come out of the shadows and become manager himself, or better still show he can work alongside a football manager who has the strength we need.
    Good post Stainrod....Les I have to admit is on the right track with the ethos of the club though. Just think we need a more experienced manager

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      So far he has escaped most criticism but Ramsey was 100% his appointment. Fernandez is getting most of the blame but isn't the truth that Ferdinand wanted to be almost a manager at one remove, but safe from the sack by calling himself director of football? My impression - and I might be completely wrong - is that all major decisions are Les's. But the problem is that creates a power vacuum because the players know Les is the one who calls the shots but he isn't in the dressing room giving the team talk or the post mortem. Chris could be shouting his head off but the players are probably thinking quietly "yeah, OK, whatever".

In order to maximise his own power Les has, it seems, appointed someone who isn't strong enough to manage the team.

Think Les should either come out of the shadows and become manager himself, or better still show he can work alongside a football manager who has the strength we need.
      Good post and i think you're right ..... the problem we now have is what can we do about it ..

This new ethos/management team will be difficult to change .... i think with CR comes LF .... not so sure they would split the mix - therein lies the problem

Comment

He hired him, so down to him to fire him.

Pull that trigger Les

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Dogs I think you think he has more power at the club then he does. His job is to bring in players which he has done (most would agree he has done well so far on that account) and to ensure there is someone with a football brain involved instead of good businesses men in the normal world being taken for granted by agents etc he's done this

What goes on on the pitch is ultimately down to Ramsey and he has totally failed in my view. If your saying that Ferdinand is to blame for the side being disorganised and the shocking subs being made then your basically saying he is calling Ramsey on the mobile during the game and telling him what to do which I personally have seen no sign of or heard any rumours of. When Les is in the dugout and were performing as we are then #### him off (I will be with you) but your constant barrage of him is starting to look like you have your own problem with him

Plain and simply we have a coach or manager however you want to refer to him who is not up to the job. Hes been given the tools as Harry was and has failed. the club has been a shambles for years and years and years (off the pitch were probably in out least shambolic period for some period coincides with his arrival) so not sure how you can pin shitty performances etc on Les as they were happening well before he arrived and will continue long after he has gone

Remember what his job is instead of what you want it to be to suit your agenda
          His job entails a lot more than bringing in players he is director of football well I don't see a lot of direction ,sorry buddy you're just trying to cherry pick parts of his job , as DOF he is running all aspects of the playing staff if Ramsey is failing it's up to L F to do something about it

Comment

How many people did we interview for this post ?

Comment

if we carry on playing as bad as we did at the Clottage then Les will come in for more stick. As a former centre-forward, surely he must see playing Charlie as a lone striker is not working
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                Ramsey was never interviewed, and I believe therein lies your answer.

Comment

Les' failure has already occurred, the long time deal for Ramsey as HC for 3 years. I was and is a disaster. The only hope is Ramsey is on peanuts money wise so releasing him wont hurt too much financially. Another option us to retain Ramsey in another position at the club. A slap in Ramsey's face that may see him quit. Does Les or anyone have the metal for either move? I doubt it so we're stuck with Ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                    None, which is one of the reasons that so peeved me off about his appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoR View Post
                      Les' failure has already occurred, the long time deal for Ramsey as HC for 3 years. I was and is a disaster. The only hope is Ramsey is on peanuts money wise so releasing him wont hurt too much financially. Another option us to retain Ramsey in another position at the club. A slap in Ramsey's face that may see him quit. Does Les or anyone have the metal for either move? I doubt it so we're stuck with Ramsey.
                      3 years and behond
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Get a proper manager in who chooses his own players and staff, picks his own team and sorts out training, and Les you mind your own business with the football side and just sort out the wages and transfer deals and getting rid of players the manage doesn't want anymore. Cos to be fair hes very good at that.
                        I make you right there Kev, that is certainly how I understand the roles of DOF and Manager. DOF is in charge of finances, Manager is in charge of football. They work together to make sure the deal is right for incoming players, but the MANAGER selects the players! If CR isn't the key person deciding which players to bring to the club then he is really not the Manager.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

In my opinion Chris Ramsey needs a fair crack at it. We are not an established team but a team in the process of establishing itself. We have seen a massive reduction in expenditure achieve primarily by a huge turnaround of players, some coming from lower divisions making the step up. Out with the expensive in with the cheap. The fact is (and often easily overlooked and forgotten) it will take time for the players to bed down, get used to each other's style of play and in some cases- step up. Patience and some faith in the management team is what I think is needed. Twelfth in the league at this stage is not unreasonable given the changes that we have seen. Yes of course I want us to win the league but, didn't Chris Ramsey on day one say the target this season was to consolidate?

Comment

Consolidate was with a new young team, not with charlie, phillips, fer and sandro still here. No club in the division would only accept 'consilidate' with that amount of talent as the spine of the side. Losing like that to our nearest neighbors was diabolical and any manager should be sacked for that rubbish to teach them its not on.
                            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-09-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Fair point I agree to an extent; but the only name missing from Friday night was Sandro...

Comment

Originally posted by Klambo View Post
                                Fair point I agree to an extent; but the only name missing from Friday night was Sandro...
                                Exactly enough said

Comment

Working...
                                X