Lets talk about Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about Les

So far he has escaped most criticism but Ramsey was 100% his appointment. Fernandez is getting most of the blame but isn't the truth that Ferdinand wanted to be almost a manager at one remove, but safe from the sack by calling himself director of football? My impression - and I might be completely wrong - is that all major decisions are Les's. But the problem is that creates a power vacuum because the players know Les is the one who calls the shots but he isn't in the dressing room giving the team talk or the post mortem. Chris could be shouting his head off but the players are probably thinking quietly "yeah, OK, whatever".

In order to maximise his own power Les has, it seems, appointed someone who isn't strong enough to manage the team.

Think Les should either come out of the shadows and become manager himself, or better still show he can work alongside a football manager who has the strength we need.

Good post... Will be interesting to see his point of view.. Now it's time to put CR under a bit of pressure.. See how he copes but I'm it won't go like that, it will be 'early in season' 'it's all about consolidation' what a load of waffle.. Should be flying with this squad.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      So far he has escaped most criticism but Ramsey was 100% his appointment. Fernandez is getting most of the blame but isn't the truth that Ferdinand wanted to be almost a manager at one remove, but safe from the sack by calling himself director of football? My impression - and I might be completely wrong - is that all major decisions are Les's. But the problem is that creates a power vacuum because the players know Les is the one who calls the shots but he isn't in the dressing room giving the team talk or the post mortem. Chris could be shouting his head off but the players are probably thinking quietly "yeah, OK, whatever".

In order to maximise his own power Les has, it seems, appointed someone who isn't strong enough to manage the team.

Think Les should either come out of the shadows and become manager himself, or better still show he can work alongside a football manager who has the strength we need.
      My thoughts entirely Stains

Comment

Get a proper manager in who chooses his own players and staff, picks his own team and sorts out training, and Les you mind your own business with the football side and just sort out the wages and transfer deals and getting rid of players the manage doesn't want anymore. Cos to be fair hes very good at that.

Comment

Get rid of him and the other useless tw@t now.

Then I would get in a management team of Warnock and Malky Mackay.

A bit left wing I know but Neil in the Les role and Malky as manager.

I know they are good friends and i think it would work, both out of work
          and would not cost that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Get a proper manager in who chooses his own players and staff, picks his own team and sorts out training, and Les you mind your own business with the football side and just sort out the wages and transfer deals and getting rid of players the manage doesn't want anymore. Cos to be fair hes very good at that.
            Fully agree Kevin.

Comment

Good point, I think CR needs an experience man beside him, Holloway has nailed his colours to our mask, someone like him would be ideal, even Kit Symons has Alan Curbishly.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

He never appointed Ramsey he may have recommended him but board appoint or that's my take

A few have had it in for Les since day one which I struggle to get my head around but I think he's done good job so far

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  Good point, I think CR needs an experience man beside him, Holloway has nailed his colours to our mask, someone like him would be ideal, even Kit Symons has Alan Curbishly.
                  Freedman and Lawrence, another example.

Comment

If Lezely doesn't want to spend big wages on a new manager get Wildthing in someone with love and a passion for the club , I couldn't see anybody else working under L F other than somebody with feeling for QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Freedman and Lawrence, another example.
                      For sure, enough people out there to bring in, it should have been addressed ages ago.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        He never appointed Ramsey he may have recommended him but board appoint or that's my take

A few have had it in for Les since day one which I struggle to get my head around but I think he's done good job so far
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

The biggest point we are all missing is the 3 year contract, the board seem to have there hands tied now, and they will just let him carry on embarrasing this club
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Come on westy you cant get your head around Ferdinand having his fair share of criticism
                            He played in good good footballing QPR side and he stands by and watches this seasons dross , if your saying he's done a good job in bring in these young players that might be good but aren't producing why allow his judgement of the players he has brought in to be impared by allowing them to be played out of position and in a disorganized team with no game plan , imo it's time Ferdinand did something about it or take the criticism on the chin

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Come on westy you cant get your head around Ferdinand having his fair share of criticism
                              He played in good good footballing QPR side and he stands by and watches this seasons dross , if your saying he's done a good job in bring in these young players that might be good but aren't producing why allow his judgement of the players he has brought in to be impared by allowing them to be played out of position and in a disorganized team with no game plan , imo it's time Ferdinand did something about it or take the criticism on the chin
                              Dogs I think you think he has more power at the club then he does. His job is to bring in players which he has done (most would agree he has done well so far on that account) and to ensure there is someone with a football brain involved instead of good businesses men in the normal world being taken for granted by agents etc he's done this too

What goes on on the pitch is ultimately down to Ramsey and he has totally failed in my view. If your saying that Ferdinand is to blame for the side being disorganised and the shocking subs being made then your basically saying he is calling Ramsey on the mobile during the game and telling him what to do which I personally have seen no sign of or heard any rumours of. When Les is in the dugout and were performing as we are then #### him off (I will be with you) but your constant barrage of him is starting to look like you have your own problem with him

Plain and simply we have a coach or manager however you want to refer to him who is not up to the job. Hes been given the tools as Harry was and has failed. the club has been a shambles for years and years and years (off the pitch were probably in out least shambolic period for some period coincides with his arrival) so not sure how you can pin shitty performances etc on Les as they were happening well before he arrived and will continue long after he has gone

Remember what his job is instead of what you want it to be to suit your agenda

Comment

Working...
                              X