Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we get so many hamstring injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we get so many hamstring injuries?

Thoughts?

Ancient curse?
    Just unlucky?
    FA plot?
    Incompetent training staff?
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

well I don't think we are training to hard,, hence why we are crap. probably a jinx like sky tv
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Bad passing.

Comment

The players spend so long standing in the same spot they sink in the mud. The force required to move again is putting undue stress on their hamstrings.
        Snow shoes might help but I can't help feeling if they were encouraged to move about a bit more it would resolve the problem.
        On a serious note I agree that bad passing could have a lot to do with it.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Could be something to do with the current training facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Could be something to do with the current training facilities.
            Or trainers JM. You need to train properly to make sure your muscles are prepared for 90 mins of football. If you don't, you are likely to, er, pull a hamstring! As a club we are FAR TOO SLOW to deal with incompetence. The trainers better know that if hamstrings start going, they are going too.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I would like to believe it is just bad luck, surely at this level the trainers are competent enough that a proper training regiment is in place? Then again, it's QPR so who knows?
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                I would like to believe it is just bad luck, surely at this level the trainers are competent enough that a proper training regiment is in place? Then again, it's QPR so who knows?
                I'd like to think that too Carl! But the number we have been getting in the last few years simply cannot be down to just bad luck, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                  No its not bad luck, we are definitely lacking in the sports science department.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    Incompetent training staff?
                    I'll pick that one.

Comment

I'm not being contrary but is there any factual evidence to suggest we get more hammys than other clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I'm not being contrary but is there any factual evidence to suggest we get more hammys than other clubs?
                        Certainly a valid question! I don't really pay much attention to other clubs but it seems as though WE are getting FAR more hamstring injuries in recent years than we used to. Which seems to imply there is something wrong with our training methods at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                          Certainly a valid question! I don't really pay much attention to other clubs but it seems as though WE are getting FAR more hamstring injuries in recent years than we used to. Which seems to imply there is something wrong with our training methods at the moment.

Found a study from British Journal of Sports Medicine 2004 stating that the average for clubs is (was) 5 hamstring injuries per season: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/38/1/36.full
                          Last edited by 1QPRDK; 02-10-2015, 07:57 AM. Reason: Found source, changed link
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                            Found a study from British Journal of Sports Medicine 2004 stating that the average for clubs is (was) 5 hamstring injuries per season: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/38/1/36.full
                            Good find DK!

That's now at least 3 for us (Polter, Austin, Mackie) in a month and a half so that does seem high. Also, it seems as though we had a lot last season too (Ned for starters, also Barton and Mutch in September 2014).

There was also the recent case of TWO players being brought back after injury and getting injured again in their first game back. I can't remember who it was now (Mutch and Barton?) but I thought those were both hamstring injuries also (could be wrong about that).
                            Last edited by dsqpr; 03-10-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X