Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chery big apology.
    http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/tj...n-2717282.aspx

QPR forward Tjaronn Chery looks ahead to Bolton clash at Loftus Road …

•Tjaronn Chery looks ahead to visit of Bolton this weekend
    •QPR forward apologises for reaction after Fulham substitution
    •Chery says players must step up now after injuries to Austin and Mackie

TJARONN Chery says he is keen to put the disappointment of QPR’s result at Fulham behind him when the R’s take on Bolton this weekend at Loftus Road.

Rangers lost 4-0 at Craven Cottage on Friday night, and Chery told www.qpr.co.uk: “It was a very disappointing result for us. Everyone knows it wasn’t good enough, and we must do much better.”

Chery was replaced after 35 minutes, and the Dutchman went straight to the dressing room after his substitution. He admits such an action was an error of judgement.

“I want to say sorry for this,” he said. “My reaction was not good. I shouldn’t have done this and I want to apologise to the manager and my team-mates for this, and the supporters also.

“I was frustrated to come off after 30 minutes but I should not have left the pitch, and I will not do this again. I have spoken with the manager about this and everything is fine now.

“It was not something I did against the manager or against my team-mates, it was a little bit of frustration with the game and to be taken off.

“But it was good to speak with the manager, and now we move forward to the next game.”

Rangers take on a Bolton side who have won only once in all competitions this season.

On the road they have picked up one point from four games – a 0-0 draw at Blackburn – and Chery says the R’s players are determined to get the Fulham defeat out of their system with a positive result against Neil Lennon’s team.

“Everybody knows we have to respond now,” he said. “We are training hard for Saturday and we will be ready.

“We have a lot of good players in the team and the squad too, but the result at Fulham just shows how very difficult the Championship can be.”

Charlie Austin and Jamie Mackie have been ruled out of action for four weeks and eight to 12 weeks respectively with hamstring injuries, and Chery says it is up to the QPR squad to deal with that setback.

“Charlie is injured and Jamie Mackie too, which is not good for us, but we must deal with this,” he said. “We have to score more goals now without Charlie. We all have to step up, myself also, and we must show we can handle this.

WORKING HARD: Chery says players are ready for Saturday's game against Bolton

“You see Leroy Fer is now back and Sandro is too, and these are very good players also – so we have a strong squad and we must show this against Bolton.

“We have fantastic supporters too – look at Fulham, we lose 4-0 and they are singing and screaming! We have to show a good performance for them at Loftus Road.”
    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 29-09-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Credit to him for admitting his mistake and apologizing, him and Ramsey need to move on, there are more important things to sort out!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

To me Chery has been made the scapegoat and whilst it wasn't the most professional thing to do, in the heat of the moment we have all done stupid things. If they come out and steam roller Bolton then at least I will then think Ramsey has taken note but we all know it will be Henry again in midfield and sitting back counter attacking at home and a struggle yet again.

Comment

If only Ramsey would come out and apologise for his team selections and for the utter dross we have had to endure this season.

And like Chery, promise it won't happen again.

Comment

I was screaming more than singing.....

Comment

Ramsey's fall guy. Subbed every game.

Comment

Working...
              X