Chery was a disgrace, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chery was a disgrace, but....

It was coming. As I posted earlier in the week at Hull when he came off he ignored the bench and tried to storm straight down the tunnel and had to be pulled back to sit on the bench. His actions tonight are really poor and he should have more respect for the football club that are paying his wages, by all means be pissed off but sit on the bench and watch the game and just not talk to anyone.

That said as a manager you do not embarrass a professional footballer by subbing him after 30 minutes, that is totally out of order and I think shows that maybe not all is well in the dressing room. If you absolutely must make a tactical change you remove someone like Henry and put on a Mackie/Fer or vice versa. Half time is the minimum you have to give a player.

Chery and Ramsey both come out of this disgracefully, the club has to back the manager though at the end of the day.

He came back out to watch in the end after he walked to the dressing room to a heroes welcome!

Comment

I will defend Ramsey for very little, but why shouldnt he substitute a player if we are two or three goals down after 20/30 mins? Who cares if precious egos are dented? Mourinho made a triple substitution at a similar stage in a match once facing a similar scoreline and turned it round. The bigger prob with Ramsey is that he doesnt change things enough. That and his terrible selections to start with.

Comment

The problem was the two central midfielders, not the short a rse playing on the wing. Chery sd have been put in the hole, Luonogo put in cm and both Kelvin and Faurlin f acked out of the team. He was rubbish tonight, but unfairly scapegoated. I'm glad he did what he did.

Comment

He was anonymous. At least Faurlin showed for the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            He was anonymous. At least Faurlin showed for the ball.
            And gave Fulham their second.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              And gave Fulham their second.
              Not denying that, tho think Henry might have made more of an effort to win the tackle.

Comment

Not denying that, tho think Henry might have made more of an effort to win the tackle.
                Effort? Kelvin. He looked good on the left wing second half.

Comment

I will defend Ramsey for very little, but why shouldnt he substitute a player if we are two or three goals down after 20/30 mins? Who cares if precious egos are dented? Mourinho made a triple substitution at a similar stage in a match once facing a similar scoreline and turned it round. The bigger prob with Ramsey is that he doesnt change things enough. That and his terrible selections to start with.
                  This. Ramsey has been slated all season for not being proactive enough and now suddenly he needs to give everyone at least 45 mins during our worst performance of the season?!

Disagree with the personnel all you like but I applaud the fact he at least wanted to change something early on for once

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                    This. Ramsey has been slated all season for not being proactive enough and now suddenly he needs to give everyone at least 45 mins during our worst performance of the season?!

Disagree with the personnel all you like but I applaud the fact he at least wanted to change something early on for once
                    Didn't change anything. Persevered with his s hit system with two wretched CMs and a CM playing in the hole who cannot play in the f acking hole. A cowardly substitution. Worked for him, too, didn't it.?

Comment

I don't blame Chery at all. Being used as the fall guy. Ridiculous substitution. He should of changed the game plan after 5 mins, not the personnel. I respect the fact Chery showed the fans the respect they deserved, rather than ignoring them in a huff. It was clear to me he and the other players are not behind Ramsey.

Comment

It was a like for like substitution. Like Ramsey was blaming Chery for being 3-0 down. Faulin and Henry were terrible and one of them needed to come off, slip luongo back and move Chery in the middle which is his natural position.
                        Fair play to him walking down the tunnel.

Comment

No problem with a sub being made after 30 mins if things aren't working but it made no difference to our performance which was worrying. Forest took the kid off who had only been on as a sub for about 10 mins because they went for the win and it paid off. Not sure what Ramsey expected to happen taking Chery off for Mackie at 3-0 down. Changing a winger and continuing with similar tactics isn't going to change much and seems to be a recurring problem with Ramsey; lack of plan B (some might say even plan A), lack of subs, lack of direction etc

Comment

I quite like it - angry at being taken off shows Chery actually wants to be on the pitch playing.

Comment

Is there's one game that Cherry was not substituted? Just asking!

Comment

Working...
                              X