SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP

His brother Shaun, 33, was earning £60,000 a week when he was with Manchester City and QPR. He joined New York Red Bulls after being released by QPR, but his wages are a fraction of his brother’s at $116,004 a year – or £76,000. It’s less than £1500 a week and a far cry to the money he was earning at Loftus Road. Bonuses bring that figure up to $145,704 – around £95,000 a year. Quote from Football Gossip of Sept 23rd 2015.

Now being paid what he actually worth. Cannot believe that we actually spent four years paying him all that money for no return at all!

It's less than £1500 pa...... Welcome to the real world, Shaun.

Comment

they have taken ,MLS off bt sport now , BWP was doing really well when i was watching it . seemed to score nearly every game , as for SWP i know he got caned on here but he's a nice bloke when u meet him will stop and have a chat with fans

Comment

to be fair. no one forced the club to offer him those wages. never heard much about him being unprofessional in training and there are plenty of people out there who say that he's a very nice grounded man. someone on the radio 5 606 phone in at the weekend mentioned that when they (him and his disabled kid) stopped swp in the street for an autograph last year, swp spent a full half hour with them being a top bloke (yeah, admittedly he wasn't particularly busy last year on saturdays at least, but still...).

Comment

Not having that 1 bit. £95k a week? No chance whatsoever. Wtf is football gossip?
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyrangers View Post
            not having that 1 bit. £95k a week? No chance whatsoever. Wtf is football gossip?
            a year
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Not having that 1 bit. £95k a week? No chance whatsoever. Wtf is football gossip?
              Annually. Can believe it. As I understand the MLS pay the players from a pool of money. Unless you're considered an MVP you are not on a lot at all.

We were totally mugged off not only by him not delivering, but the absolute wanchor who devised and then dished out such a ridiculous contract.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Annually. Can believe it. As I understand the MLS pay the players from a pool of money. Unless you're considered an MVP you are not on a lot at all.

We were totally mugged off not only by him not delivering, but the absolute wanchor who devised and then dished out such a ridiculous contract.
                Otherwise known as Phil Beard I assume...

Comment

Was so sad when we missed out on Routledge but incredibly happy when we got in SWP.

Comment

In the MailOnline now too:

MLS player salaries revealed: Kaka is the division's highest earner, but why does Bradley Wright-Phillips get so much more than brother Shaun?

Elsewhere, Shaun-Wright Phillips earns significantly less than his brother Bradley at New York Red Bulls. Older sibling Shaun is on $116,004 per year, while free-scoring Bradley is paid $600,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3mhxfLAy0
                    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Detailed info on MLS Salaries - as of 15 Jul 2015:

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Ju...0By%20Club.pdf
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Oops I totally misread that as it saying he was on £95k a week with us! My bad - ignore this idi0t!
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

As mentioned any of us would accept stupendous salaries if offered by clueless bosses!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Interesting. Can't agree with the OP though as he isn't even worth 95k a year.

Comment

(S) hite (W) anker (P) layer
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X