Question from an American supporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from an American supporter

I'm an R's supporter who recently moved to London from the States to work on a graduate degree. I will be in the away end at the match on Friday and was wondering if there was a pub where other R's supporters were planning to meet beforehand. I don't have any academic obligations that day and would love to meet some other R's supporters and take in the full derby experience.

Many thanks.

Comment

Try the Durrell Arms , where your Rangers bobble hat ,they`ll love you there
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by MisterTea View Post
        I'm an R's supporter who recently moved to London from the States to work on a graduate degree. I will be in the away end at the match on Friday and was wondering if there was a pub where other R's supporters were planning to meet beforehand. I don't have any academic obligations that day and would love to meet some other R's supporters and take in the full derby experience.

Many thanks.
        You may have gathered that a first post on here is often treated with suspicion and rarely taken at face value.

If you are really an R's fan you will enjoy reading through some of the recent threads on this site and you may well be rewarded with an answer to your question.

However, I will warn you that Carl (Gator) and I found the posters on here to be quite ethereal in real life and we were not able to connect with anybody when we came over for the Wembley play-off final. We had a fantastic time chatting with the Norwegian R's though, who were a wonderfully friendly bunch.

You could do worse than starting off at the Crown and Sceptre in Shepherd's Bush well before the match. It is an R's pub and it is possible that some may gather there as a starting point, or somebody may be able to give you an idea of where to go next. It will be a bit of a hike from there to the Cottage on the tube so just be sure you allow enough time.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

He's got to be a Rupert
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            You may have gathered that a first post on here is often treated with suspicion and rarely taken at face value.

If you are really an R's fan you will enjoy reading through some of the recent threads on this site and you may well be rewarded with an answer to your question.

However, I will warn you that Carl (Gator) and I found the posters on here to be quite ethereal in real life and we were not able to connect with anybody when we came over for the Wembley play-off final. We had a fantastic time chatting with the Norwegian R's though, who were a wonderfully friendly bunch.

You could do worse than starting off at the Crown and Sceptre in Shepherd's Bush well before the match. It is an R's pub and it is possible that some may gather there as a starting point, or somebody may be able to give you an idea of where to go next. It will be a bit of a hike from there to the Cottage on the tube so just be sure you allow enough time.
            Good reply DS
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              He's got to be a Rupert
              Who cares who he is, does it make any difference,

In case you are genuine, anywhere in Hammersmith and the Fulham palace road you'll find loads of us

Comment

Done a little digging. Can confirm he's Fulham.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  You could tell right away he was,, why do they always say there from America?
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                    Who cares who he is, does it make any difference,

In case you are genuine, anywhere in Hammersmith and the Fulham palace road you'll find loads of us
                    he will be nowhere to be seen, proper mugs from Foolham
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

I cant understand what the purpose of this is though? to find out where rangers fans are and make sure the pub doesnt have any caviar sandwiches out for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        How do you find that out, Stan?

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

However, I will warn you that Carl (Gator) and I found the posters on here to be quite ethereal in real life and we were not able to connect with anybody when we came over for the Wembley play-off final.

I was talking to two Canadians in the The Crown & Sceptre that night, you'd remember me if it was you, I was the drunk bloke in the red & black QPR shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            His butler told him !

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              There isn't much that escapes Stan, he has a talent for spotting wronguns
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X