Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faurlin for Captain thats if he gets a run of games

Comment

Austin does more than score goals, the man works like a dog!!!

In sport, leaders have to vocal!
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Faulin while he's playing

Comment

Onuoha wouldn't even be in my starting 11 let alone captain... Always said he was over rated -

I would have even preferred to have kept Dunne in his place also as captain ... Yes i know he was slow but at least he had a football brain ..
          Last edited by skranger; 22-09-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
            Onuoha wouldn't even be in my starting 11 let alone captain... Always said he was over rated
            Said the same before we even signed him. Always thought he was pretty poor and didn't know why we were pursuing him so hard under Hughesless. Seems a good lad but for me rabbit in headlights who I have minimal faith in. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I just think he's pony.

Comment

every time i warm to ned he then drops a clanger or 2 , if we are going to stick with him he needs to get vocal and try and cut out the mistakes

Comment

Jeeze!!
                8 games into the Season and some want the Club Captain to have his role taken away from him!!
                That's gonna be great for his confidence!!

Comment

A good captain doesn't need an armband. Already seen Angella shouting the odds on the pitch and that doesn't make Onuoha a bad player, just makes him a team player instead, unlike some that we've signed/still got!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Totally disagree. Just because someone isn't shouting, doesn't mean he's not leading firstly. That seems to be a general opinion of too many here. Secondly, his distribution picked up hugely recently to the point where only Perch and Faurlin attempted more forward passes than him successfully of all 22 starters. Alongside that, only Perch and Luongo made more successful tackles than him and two of Onuoha's 3 tackles were in very dangerous positions on the right side of the box. His aerial presence is also important to us (he made more aerial clearances than any player on the pitch with 7) and he won 2 aerial duels just around the 6 yard box. He didn't even give away the ball at any point while on it in the game. From set pieces, Angella tends to be designated to watching the danger man but Onuoha should have definitely been in front of his man. That being said, I still think Onuoha - as someone who has been at the club for a very long time - deserves to be captain and should remain captain for as long as possible. He will improve as the rest of the defence gains confidence. He already has plenty.
                    He needs to improve more than that, and sharpish. I agree that he seem to have improved compared to last season, but still he has been involved in crucial errors, in the last three games, IMO: crap backpass to Green, bad marking on Rhodes, bad marking on Dawson. That it still feels like improvement is beyond me, but maybe that´s just because the opposition is not the same quality as in the prem. Would like to see some comparison of his stats from prem and champs respectively if you have the time at some point nasser?
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

It makes me cringe whenever Onoura heads or clears the ball a cry of 'chief' rings round LR like the man is some sort of god.

Comment

Never rated Onuoha. Been saying it for years.
                        Bang average defender with a more than average mistake rate.

Coupled with Green and his own liking for a mess up or three the two of them together are always an accident waiting to happen and it's no surprise we are so poor defensively with the two of them playing together.

As for the Captains armband, he has enough to deal with trying to do his job of defending without the distraction of being Captain.

Comment

Not bothered who the captain is.. Don't think it matters.. Should be leading by example. But I don't rate Onouha. Been poor since he joined and the only reason he looks half decent is because we haven't had any other decent CB.. Like the look of Hall and haven't seen enough of Angella but the should be given a go.. But we all know CR ain't gonna drop Onouha don't we.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

people on here moaning about Onohua and yet calling for Angella to be made captain,is this the angella who was beaten constantly in the air by Ogrady and Foita and in my opinion hasnt looked that great.Faurlin was awful away to huddersfield,leave ned as captain and give the loan players a chance.Ned in my opinion doesnt seem as bad as people on here seem to think.

Comment

Maybe we should point out every error he makes in this thread that costs us a goal and then we can see for ourselves properly every month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                                If he's the right man for the job .......Then it doesn't matter how long he's been at the club !
                                Think it does. Dont think it will sit well with other players if a loan player just bought in is made captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X