Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onuoha

Sorry but this fella is not the leader we all crave at the back .
    Bad distribution for the Greens sending off , turned inside out by Rhodes and then bullied out of it and then now where near Dawson for yesterday's goal .
    These may be one a game incidents however they often end up leading to goals for the opposition .

Personally I was hoping that having been given the armband that he would step up to the plate and prove to be a real rock and leader but I think it's more of a distraction to him .

People criticize Green for being prone to mistakes but for me .......I'm more nervous of Onouha !

I see where your coming from,, ned scares me when he try's to beat players, he done well yesterday but if you look at charlie yesterday he was urging all the players on helping out in defence if anyone should be captain it should be charlie, maybe ned feels the pressure with the armband so that might be the reason for his mistakes
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Angella is my choice for captain. Blokes made for the job.

Comment

Posted earlier that he got totally out muscled and jumped for that goal yesterday. He's literally costing us a goal a game with his lack of awareness / ability. Never a captain.

Comment

I have to agree. Was chuffed he got it but he hasn't lived up to the label. Who do we give it to though? Imo Angella shouldn't be captain because he has only just joined.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I have to agree. Was chuffed he got it but he hasn't lived up to the label. Who do we give it to though? Imo Angella shouldn't be captain because he has only just joined.
            Has I said I can't see past charlie unless people want clint back in defence
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              Has I said I can't see past charlie unless people want clint back in defence
              Austin for me, I started a thread a couple of months ago stating that the one constant in our defensive problem was Ned, I would like to see Hall and Angella.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                If he's the right man for the job .......Then it doesn't matter how long he's been at the club !

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  Austin for me, I started a thread a couple of months ago stating that the one constant in our defensive problem was Ned, I would like to see Hall and Angella.
                  Trouble is, Austin just scores goals and doesn't do much else. You give him the captaincy and the goals suddenly dry up, it will be 'Ramsey you divvy, Ramsey out, you fool made a natural goal scorer who never talks to other players the captain and screwed up his whole game by putting stupid pressure on him that he
                  didnt need, and you ruined our only chance of going up. Ramsey out, Ramsey out, Ramsey out' etc etc etc.

Captain needs to be a defender or midfielder imho, and angella has already looked the most organizing of our squad in three or four games.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-09-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                    Hall and angella for me too

Comment

Angella would be a good choice as captain if he were ours and not on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Angella would be a good choice as captain if he were ours and not on loan.
                        Exactly this. Would be ridiculous to have an on loan player captaining the side.

Comment

Is he option to buy? Would be alright if he is cos means we would keep him.

Comment

Wouldn't have a loan player as captain personally, would be more than capable for sure
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                              Sorry but this fella is not the leader we all crave at the back .
                              Bad distribution for the Greens sending off , turned inside out by Rhodes and then bullied out of it and then now where near Dawson for yesterday's goal .
                              These may be one a game incidents however they often end up leading to goals for the opposition .

Personally I was hoping that having been given the armband that he would step up to the plate and prove to be a real rock and leader but I think it's more of a distraction to him .

People criticize Green for being prone to mistakes but for me .......I'm more nervous of Onouha !
                              Totally disagree. Just because someone isn't shouting, doesn't mean he's not leading firstly. That seems to be a general opinion of too many here. Secondly, his distribution picked up hugely recently to the point where only Perch and Faurlin attempted more forward passes than him successfully of all 22 starters. Alongside that, only Perch and Luongo made more successful tackles than him and two of Onuoha's 3 tackles were in very dangerous positions on the right side of the box. His aerial presence is also important to us (he made more aerial clearances than any player on the pitch with 7) and he won 2 aerial duels just around the 6 yard box. He didn't even give away the ball at any point while on it in the game. From set pieces, Angella tends to be designated to watching the danger man but Onuoha should have definitely been in front of his man. That being said, I still think Onuoha - as someone who has been at the club for a very long time - deserves to be captain and should remain captain for as long as possible. He will improve as the rest of the defence gains confidence. He already has plenty.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X