Championship top scorers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Fer is worth a few goals if he ever gets back fit.
    IF yea. Seems to be dragging eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      IF yea. Seems to be dragging eh.
      More questions for our backroom fitness team? Not sure what they do all week, thought Fer was gonna be fit by start of September.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        More questions for our backroom fitness team? Not sure what they do all week, thought Fer was gonna be fit by start of September.
        Bit of a mystery that one. Same as Yun. Didn't ever remember hearing about a long term injury to him, but he's been out for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          IIRC Charles struck it from a very tight angle across the goal, and it hit the defender before being deflected in, completely changing the direction of the ball.
          Yep Charlie's shot was not going in.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Wish i was clever enough to do a screen grab of the ball leaving charlies foot and then draw an arrow showing the trajectory of going in the far cover and the player just deflecting it into the middle instead.
            Have a look at hazards last minute goal that changed completely direction from one corner to the other when it hit the defender and he still got credited with the goal.

Comment

Tbf Kev the video on the QPR YouTube you just cannot see at all. at the ground seeing it live from directly behind Charlie it did not look like it was going in at all. Admittedly Chery would have tapped it in anyway (well actually judging by yesterday he might not have !!)

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                what a bitty like Hazards "goal" yesterday which he seems to be created with..that wasn't going in either!
                Exactly! So far as I can tell, there are no rules about who gets credit for a goal, they just make them up as they go along. I remember Beckham being denied one in the World Cup from a long free kick that I thought for certain should have been his (against Trinidad and Tobago, perhaps).
                Edit: Actually it was against Paraguay in 2006 - you can clearly see from the first replay at 0:42 that Beckham's shot was on target yet because of the deflection by the defender it was given as an OG:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YCak6CKaS0

I'm sure I've seen lots of cases where a shot ON TARGET is deflected by a defender and is given as an OG.

IHMO, if you take a shot at goal and it goes in, that's your goal. It was scored because you took a shot and I don't care if it was off target and got deflected in.
                Last edited by dsqpr; 20-09-2015, 05:50 PM.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Wish i was clever enough to do a screen grab of the ball leaving charlies foot and then draw an arrow showing the trajectory of going in the far cover and the player just deflecting it into the middle instead.
                  Have a look at hazards last minute goal that changed completely direction from one corner to the other when it hit the defender and he still got credited with the goal.
                  Knew i wasnt losing my marbles when i was being so adam ant that was charlies goal against blackburn as it was going in.
                  Its been handed to him by the dubious goals comittee so hes got another goal chalked to his name now.
                  Get in.

Comment

Charlie has 7 goals - official

Comment

chas as been credited with the goal now
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

They had to if Hazard's was given.

Comment

Great news.

Comment

OP updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              OP updated!
                              Thanks Stanley! Charlie definitely deserved that goal IMHO - it was scored because he took the initiative and fired in a shot, I don't care whether it was on target or deflected, he shoots, he scores, his goal!

Now, if there is any rhyme or reason to who gets credit for a goal, could somebody please explain to me why Beckham did not get credit for the 2006 World Cup goal I posted about earlier in this thread, with a clip. Beckham's shot was clearly ON target when it was deflected and he did NOT get credit; Charlies shot was clearly OFF target (IMHO, but even if you think it was ON target, it was then exactly the same situation as Beckham's) and deflected and he DID get credit!

Question for the day: Why do they call it the "dubious goals" panel? There was nothing dubious about the goal, there is no doubt it went in!
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                                Question for the day: Why do they call it the "dubious goals" panel?
                                To determine whether goal attempts would have gone in had they not been deflected.

(I realise you disagree with the premise. It's just my stab at answering your question )

Comment

Working...
                                X