Clear All

• Would you play Mackie up front

Charlie and Jamie could be good together in a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
    Would you play Mackie up front
    Yes, if anywhere at all.

He's totally useless at RW.

Comment

I think he would do a job up top. He would certainly tire out their defence. I do not think he would be prolific, but he would open up space for Charlie.

Comment

I'd play Jude up front just to have a 442 at the moment if I was honest

Comment

I think away from home him and Charlie up top would be Decent pairing for first 60/70mins

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Yes, if anywhere at all.

He's totally useless at RW.
            Thought he did well on the left at Charlton and on Weds tbf. Won the corner from which we scored out of nothing. Would stick to one away, but presently play Mackie on the left with Chery in the hole and Luongo in central midfield at home. One could change it up by switching to 442 pushing Mackie up next to Charlie.

Comment

Why change it when its working so well ?

Comment

Not knocking Mackies desire or effort but he looked so unfit on Wednesday night. I was 3rd row in ellerslie rd and it really showed - and I'm talking 5 mins after he came on

What is it with our players and fitness. They are professional footballers for Chris sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                  Not knocking Mackies desire or effort but he looked so unfit on Wednesday night. I was 3rd row in ellerslie rd and it really showed - and I'm talking 5 mins after he came on

What is it with our players and fitness. They are professional footballers for Chris sake.
                  See what you did there. Flash
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Mackie is a player you bring on when opposition are tired. Certainly not a starter and let's not get too desperate after a few poor results. I think Henry would be the 1st to admit he has been poor this season and I would start faurlin today. Only change for me but we are crying out for Leroy fer who would help Charlie with goals and plenty of assists with a good physical presence
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Mackie is a player you bring on when opposition are tired. Certainly not a starter and let's not get too desperate after a few poor results. I think Henry would be the 1st to admit he has been poor this season and I would start faurlin today. Only change for me but we are crying out for Leroy fer who would help Charlie with goals and plenty of assists with a good physical presence
                      Mackie makes me think of an aging DeAndre Yedlin (on loan to Sunderland from Spurs). He's quick, punishing, and lacks technique but is great when you need a workhorse to run at your opponents' tired legs. Will never score many goals, but is scary enough to open up actual scoring threats. That's how Sounders and the USA used Yedlin, and it's exactly how we should use Mackie. Put him on the left wing for the last 30 minutes and let Chery and Austin wreak havoc on the distracted CBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        I'd play Jude up front just to have a 442 at the moment if I was honest
                        ain't that the truth n all.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Blackwood....can learn from chaz

Comment

cant Mackie play just behind Chaz in a 442 ?
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                            X