What did you expect!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you expect!?

We are 8th in the league after 7 games, 3 points off automatic. Alongside teams like Derby, Cardiff, Hull & Reading what did you expect!!!!???

I agree that CR's tactics in the last two games have appeared far from great but give the guy a chance! In my opinion him and LF have done a fantastic job rebuilding this squad within given financial parameters and all that a lot on here can do is call for their heads! Why!? Because we're not top of the league and winning every game!?

This is the Championship and at the beginning of the season most of us would have expected a season of consolidation and a push for the playoffs. We are on track to do that and so many are still b!tchin and moaning and calling for Ramsey's head. Get used to it this is the Championship, we will win games we shouldn't win and lose games that we should win (like Forest and Blackburn) but maybe try getting behind the Management team and giving them a chance. Some of you on here moan that you want things done the right way, then when they are and we're not winning you complain.

Get a grip! Ramsey should be given at least a season to get this squad playing.

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
    We are 8th in the league after 7 games, 3 points off automatic. Alongside teams like Derby, Cardiff, Hull & Reading what did you expect!!!!???

I agree that CR's tactics in the last two games have appeared far from great but give the guy a chance! In my opinion him and LF have done a fantastic job rebuilding this squad within given financial parameters and all that a lot on here can do is call for their heads! Why!? Because we're not top of the league and winning every game!?

This is the Championship and at the beginning of the season most of us would have expected a season of consolidation and a push for the playoffs. We are on track to do that and so many are still b!tchin and moaning and calling for Ramsey's head. Get used to it this is the Championship, we will win games we shouldn't win and lose games that we should win (like Forest and Blackburn) but maybe try getting behind the Management team and giving them a chance. Some of you on here moan that you want things done the right way, then when they are and we're not winning you complain.

Post of the week. 27000 threads have been made in the last 5 days with almost 6 being made in the 5 prior weeks. Says alot about some on here. Get behind the management, I trust them to do what is best for the club in the long run.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cheers Nasser, I don't post an awful lot on here but its embarassing reading some of these posts so felt I had to.

Comment

I expect a squad thats had a pre-season and train daily to be able to pass the ball, to each other and create scoring chances......Like other championship teams.
        What do you expect then?

Comment

Cheers Nasser, I don't post an awful lot on here but its embarassing reading some of these posts so felt I had to.
          You're absolutely right to mate, just don't get disheartened from continuing to post more when some fools decide to criticise this optimism.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Its not that Straight forward! As you may or may not be aware i have been one of the most outspoken in the we must trust the club etc and give ramsey time etc. And i do not believe he should be sacked ..and i also believe we should build in the championship before gaining promotion..but..and it is a big but..as someone who goes home and away i am baffled by some of the tactics this season? and the inability to change them on the pitch..the last too home games have been nothing short of woeful and the first half on Weds was one of the Worst in recent history.

the team do not seem to know what the plan is and when in doubt lump it up to Charlie and hope he gets us out of trouble which is what he seems to have done in most games..and he can see that too you just have to look at the body language.

Forest and Blackburn are bang average teams and we didn't compete in either of those games..if we were losing trying to play attacking entertaining football then yes i could see that there was a plan..but the football is neither attacking or entertaining at the moment.

yes lets give him a chance but also let us the fans see that he has a plan because at the moment he doesn't appear too!

Comment

What do I expect? Well, I expect us to play two up front at home, I expect a striker to be sat on the bench, and I expect for us to have at least one shot on target in an entire half of football (something we couldn't manage yesterday). What I don't expect is two holding midfielders to start, or a CM playing on the LW. People pay their £30, and have a right to their opinion. If it doesn't match yours then tough, deal with it. I'll stick with Ramsey for the forseeable, but both performances against Forest and Blackburn are simply unacceptable, regardlesss of what your expectations are.
              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 17-09-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I think there was a large section that expected transition and mid table or relegation battle, how you do this without playing badly and loosing games I don't know. I think people expect us to play good football and win most games but still finish 14th. It doesn't work like that.

The fact Austin, Fer, Sandro, Philips have stayed for the first half of the season at least has only raised expectations.

I still have no idea where we will finish this season or should expect too. If we don't go up this year there will certainly be a number of players leaving in Jan/June next year then I think we are really in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                  I think there was a large section that expected transition and mid table or relegation battle, how you do this without playing badly and loosing games I don't know. I think people expect us to play good football and win most games but still finish 14th. It doesn't work like that.

The fact Austin, Fer, Sandro, Philips have stayed for the first half of the season at least has only raised expectations.

I still have no idea where we will finish this season or should expect too. If we don't go up this year there will certainly be a number of players leaving in Jan/June next year then I think we are really in trouble.
                  No. People expect us to play good football and challenge for the play-offs.

Comment

Tbh we may as well as accepted a £10 mill bid for Charlie if all the fans want is mid table obscurity...Les shouldn't have bothered

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      Its not that Straight forward! As you may or may not be aware i have been one of the most outspoken in the we must trust the club etc and give ramsey time etc. And i do not believe he should be sacked ..and i also believe we should build in the championship before gaining promotion..but..and it is a big but..as someone who goes home and away i am baffled by some of the tactics this season? and the inability to change them on the pitch..the last too home games have been nothing short of woeful and the first half on Weds was one of the Worst in recent history.

the team do not seem to know what the plan is and when in doubt lump it up to Charlie and hope he gets us out of trouble which is what he seems to have done in most games..and he can see that too you just have to look at the body language.

Forest and Blackburn are bang average teams and we didn't compete in either of those games..if we were losing trying to play attacking entertaining football then yes i could see that there was a plan..but the football is neither attacking or entertaining at the moment.

yes lets give him a chance but also let us the fans see that he has a plan because at the moment he doesn't appear too!
                      I like how we say forest and blackburn are bang average and we couldn't win. Did you forget coming back to Wolves - who many said would Annihilate us. Or did you just chose to forget it like far too many people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        I like how we say forest and blackburn are bang average and we couldn't win. Did you forget coming back to Wolves - who many said would Annihilate us. Or did you just chose to forget it like far too many people on here.
                        One swallow does not a summer make and Wolves have gone on to be as bang average as the rest...and are dropping like a fly

Comment

We've failed to win two home games in a matter of days and have barely mustered a handful of meaningful goal attempts in 180 mins. Despite playing a cagey five man midfield we were still over run by Rovers for an entire 45 mins. It's hard to see any points coming on Saturday or the following Friday. Irrespective of actual results we look desperately soft, naive and lightweight..... Easy meat for any team willing to put a shift in and get amongst us (ie vast majority of other teams in this division).

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Agree.

Comment

After the relegation we all thought Austin,Philips and Fer, our best three players would be gone. They are still with us, along with a couple of promising signings in Cherry and Luongo. We have the best squad in the Championship and a mid table finish is NOT acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                              X