The one true problem of the side today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    As soon as Sandro and Fer are available, Toszer and Henry won't get a sniff of action.
    Here's hoping, Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Defence aren't much at fault. Issue lies totally with those two in the middle for me. No cover for defence. No defence should be doing as much work as ours is doing.
      Apart from the Chief scapling himself rather than defend for their second. And the midget dropping the ball for the first goal. On top of Green and the midget Saturday...... No. Not much at fault.

Comment

Surely Henry is due some paternity leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          They should at least be winning their aerial battles. Blackburn's No.8 had them in his pocket in the air and Rhodes fed off him. Also a few occasions of miscommunication between the 2 cb's, especially in the first half. But I am not solely blaming thwm, just highlighting they had faults too
          Here is the thing though. He actually didn't win them against the cb's that much. He won 7 aerial duels out of the 16 attempted. Onuoha won 10 out of the 13 attempted and Angella won 7 out of the 11 attempted. Where the issues lie is that our cm's only attempted to win 2 total defensive aerial duels. This is where their number 8 won the headers.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I keep saying it, Doughty should never had been dropped.
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Apart from the Chief scapling himself rather than defend for their second. And the midget dropping the ball for the first goal. On top of Green and the midget Saturday...... No. Not much at fault.
              Wouldn't classify keeper in the defence but if you are then yea you can blame them. Onuoha couldn't really do much with what Rhodes did for their second. All season long though he's been a rock defensively so one error - brought about by a lack of support - isn't something I would classify as an error prone defence.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Wouldn't classify keeper in the defence but if you are then yea you can blame them. Onuoha couldn't really do much with what Rhodes did for their second. All season long though he's been a rock defensively so one error - brought about by a lack of support - isn't something I would classify as an error prone defence.
                Agree with you about Ned all season. And, tbf, he redeemed himself with the goal. And credit to Rhodes. We keep shipping goals, however. Whatever the pairings. The midget looked poor tonight, bar one outstanding save.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Agree with you about Ned all season. And, tbf, he redeemed himself with the goal. And credit to Rhodes. We keep shipping goals, however. Whatever the pairings. The midget looked poor tonight, bar one outstanding save.
                  I wasn't too comfortable with him but to his credit, he came out and did a lot off his line - something Green doesn't do.

Comment

great post nass.

I was thinking the same thing all game. as was everyone around me in r.
                    why was faurlin not starting? i know ian taylor tweeted at the weekend Ale didnt make it into the lineup for forest bc of a niggle, but if hes on the bench tonight i assume hes fit.

i mean i still havent seen enough of gladwin to judge but surely he is better than was tozsers had on display out there
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

the team were really disjointed against forest , madness for ramsey to see it wasn't right then go with it again against blackburn

Comment

I saw a lot of similarities between tonight's game and the Forest game. We were useless in the first half of both matches, it seems whenever a midfielder gets the ball the rest scatter like a grenade has gone off. Many time the nearest play was 30 yards away. The opposition played in triangles so 3 players within 10 yards of each other so can pass and move, pass and move.

Second half of both games got better, so many times also the back 4 had it and there was no movement or a free man so they had to lump it forward. I have no issue with defenders doing this as you can't #### about back there, when the ball is always played long it isn't the player kicking it that is at fault.

Comment

Here is the thing though. He actually didn't win them against the cb's that much. He won 7 aerial duels out of the 16 attempted. Onuoha won 10 out of the 13 attempted and Angella won 7 out of the 11 attempted. Where the issues lie is that our cm's only attempted to win 2 total defensive aerial duels. This is where their number 8 won the headers.
                          I'm not to sure about those stats mate. I thought he won a lot more than that, unless the ones he did win created their main chances. He was all over our defence and was effective in creating space for Rhodes. Something we should take note of as Charlie could do with some help up front when we go direct and Luongo is not the answer (as a target man). Before tonight Blackburn had scored 4 goals in 6 games, we have also conceded 2 goals in all 4 of our home games. These are worrying stats that show how fragile we are (and I agree that the defence isnt solely to blame)

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            I'm not to sure about those stats mate. I thought he won a lot more than that, unless the ones he did win created their main chances. He was all over our defence and was effective in creating space for Rhodes. Something we should take note of as Charlie could do with some help up front when we go direct and Luongo is not the answer (as a target man). Before tonight Blackburn had scored 4 goals in 6 games, we have also conceded 2 goals in all 4 of our home games. These are worrying stats that show how fragile we are (and I agree that the defence isnt solely to blame)
                            Those are definitely accurate stats mate.

Comment

Those are definitely accurate stats mate.
                              Maybe the statisticians have a different interpretation on what counts as winning a header then. I would have said he won about 7 headers in the 1st half alone. Either way he was bullying our back line today and with the lack of support from CM we were over run on the 2nd balls from his headers.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                                I keep saying it, Doughty should never had been dropped.

Sorry Cali, can't agree. At Huddersfield where he started he was awful.

But Henry is a dilema. Last season, I thought he was one of the few to come out of it with any credit. So was happy for him to sign for another year - As backup !
                                We've conceeded 2 goals in EVERY game he has started ! All 7 ! Only 2 games we haven't - Huddersfield - he didn't play & Yeovil - he didn't start.
                                The sooner we can get Sandro starting, with Faurlin, or better still Luongo (when Fer is fit) the better IMO. not sure why he's not even on the bench yet. He's not injured......

Lastly, I make that 7 consecutive games where we haven't turned up for the 1st half ! Really poor IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X