No announcement yet.

The one true problem of the side today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhodes was a right handful tonight , found himself so much space , especially in the first half. Done Ned like a kipper for his goal too. Quality player.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Very poor in midfield.

Especially in central midfield when Tozer and Kelvin were persistently and completely outgunned and overrun. Neither seem able to play a telling ball. Or carry it which central midfielders need do. Playing 4231 at home is a non starter with that team tonight. Luongo can't, it seems, olay in the hole. He ought play in the middle two with Sandro with Fer in the hole and Phillips and Mackie on either side of Charlie. That way the 4231 could become 442 with Charlie and Mackie up front and Fer playing on the left (or being subbed by Gladwin or Chery). Whatever happens it isn't working at present. Luongo's no no10 and the Henry- Tozer pairing is pure pants. First half performance tonight was dire.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Especially in central midfield when Tozer and Kelvin were persistently and completely outgunned and overrun. Neither seem able to play a telling ball. Or carry it which central midfielders need do. Playing 4231 at home is a non starter with that team tonight. Luongo can't, it seems, olay in the hole. He ought play in the middle two with Sandro with Fer in the hole and Phillips and Mackie on either side of Charlie. That way the 4231 could become 442 with Charlie and Mackie up front and Fer playing on the left (or being subbed by Gladwin or Chery). Whatever happens it isn't working at present. Luongo's no no10 and the Henry- Tozer pairing is pure pants. First half performance tonight was dire.
        Good post, definitely agree. What's going on with Fer? I take it he's injured. Henry was woeful, he needs to step up or taken off.

Comment

When Sandro and Fer return to full fitness, and CR to tactical sharpness, we can finally see what we've really got here. On paper our midfield looks as strong as anyone's. Individually, believe we should then slot Fer behind Charlie, Sandro in front of the defense, and move Mackie (with his speed and determination) into the front three rotating with two of the Phillips-Chery-Luongo axis. Henry needs to be on the bench, not a starter on the pitch, and Doughty should be given another run. Unsure about Toszer, but certainly like his direct kick capabilities.

Comment

What's going wrong? Weve supposedly got the best midfield in the league. that first half from our midfielders was the worst I've seen for a long time.well since Leicester away
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

It's funny that most fans can see this, however Ramsay does not, how he sent back on the same 11 players for the second half after the first 45 baffles and worries me.

Sandro on one leg would be better than Henry and as for Toszer the jury is out,not impressed at all ATM.

Comment

Sandro aint even making the bench and fer aint playing in the kids games like sandra is, so he must be even further away. (oh and wheres dot 'yun' cotton?)

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  What's going wrong? Weve supposedly got the best midfield in the league. that first half from our midfielders was the worst I've seen for a long time.well since Leicester away
                  Not sure we do, Van. Their no10 was immense tonight. They had speed in the middle of the park. And steel. We only have speed on the flanks and we fail to get the ball out there early or deep enough. We are too easily overrun in midfield. And we're not creative enough.

Comment

If we can see it 77 Ramsey must surely. when the opposition have possession we fail to close them down,when we have possession were shut down straight away stopping our better players from producing. it's a matter of fitness or laziness in my book and Ramsey needs to step up or f uck off.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Very poor in midfield? It's a disgrace with the amount of midfielders we've got.

Also very poor in defence..another 2 goals shipped tonight.

Jah save us if Charlie gets injured.

As for goalkeeping ...Green...Smithie...Green..Smithie. Take your pick for the race to howler of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
                        Ned might have got 8.8 but I reckon that was his worst game this season, sure he lost more headers than that
                        There no8 was leaping like a gazelle every time and winning the balls
                        Was going to mention this. Their No. 8 was winning his aerial battles all night and is where Blackburn were most dangerous. Feeding off his flick ons or knockdowns. Karl Henry should not be playing at home, too negative for me.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Very poor in midfield? It's a disgrace with the amount of midfielders we've got.

Also very poor in defence..another 2 goals shipped tonight.

Jah save us if Charlie gets injured.

As for goalkeeping ...Green...Smithie...Green..Smithie. Take your pick for the race to howler of the season.
                          Defence aren't much at fault. Issue lies totally with those two in the middle for me. No cover for defence. No defence should be doing as much work as ours is doing.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Defence aren't much at fault. Issue lies totally with those two in the middle for me. No cover for defence. No defence should be doing as much work as ours is doing.
                            They should at least be winning their aerial battles. Blackburn's No.8 had them in his pocket in the air and Rhodes fed off him. Also a few occasions of miscommunication between the 2 cb's, especially in the first half. But I am not solely blaming thwm, just highlighting they had faults too

Comment

As soon as Sandro and Fer are available, Toszer and Henry won't get a sniff of action.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                                If we can see it 77 Ramsey must surely. when the opposition have possession we fail to close them down,when we have possession were shut down straight away stopping our better players from producing. it's a matter of fitness or laziness in my book and Ramsey needs to step up or f uck off.
                                This. Bang on the money, mate. We're never first to the second ball. Ever. And rarely play a ball into the box directly from midfield. It's always out to the flanks first, through the full backs, which makes it easier to teams to contain us, knowing what we will do. Not that we need much containing.

Comment

Working...
                                X