The one true problem of the side today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one true problem of the side today

The deep midfield duo. Absolutely shocked by how bad those two were. Both are stupidly slow and do not shield the defence. You look at them running to 50:50 balls and just stopping early because they have no chance of making it and then we get left short handed. And even worse, they didn't give any of our creative players the ball enough. We looked dangerous going forward but this didn't happen enough and it cost us the win. Defensively they were shocking. 2 interceptions were made by those two and they were both Toszer. That is embarrassingly little cover for our centre backs who had so much work to do because of it. Aerially even, they cannot be trusted. They only won 3 aerial duels all game. Onuoha won 10. The ball was always going into the middle and they never looked like doing the job. Honestly would play Luongo deeper when Fer is back but until then, play faurlin as the ball player and interception maker and either Doughty or Mackie even as the energy man looking to win the ball back until Sandro gets to full fitness too. The current two have really disappointed me together.

On a more positive note, we have statistically the best player in the championship captaining us. Onuoha got an 8.8 match rating today bringing his average up to 8.0 for the season with no score below 7.0 - an incredible feat for a defender who has conceded 12 goals in 7 games. But as I've said, I wouldn't really put that blame too much on the defence, more so on the midfield duo in front of them who's job it is to shield.

Just as a show of how good Ned was today, he won 10 of his 13 aerial duels today which is a huge amount as it is. He also made 4 interceptions and 1 perfect tackle as well as an incredible last ditch block from behind on Rhodes which kept us in it early on. He really is a leader by example this season.

Another positive for me was Mackie coming on as he turned the game on its head. Have to say that Chery and Luongo weren't great today (Luongo looked scared to shoot) and Mackie was really needed to rejuvenate the energy of that side out there.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Never road post only title but there is more then one problem with what going on

Can't be a rsed reading post to p issed off it will just annoy me

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Never road post only title but there is more then one problem with what going on

Can't be a rsed reading post to p issed off it will just annoy me
      really no need to comment if you aren't going to bother reading it all. Give it a chance at least mate haha. It can't be that bad.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It is that bad were a rudderless team

Comment

It is that bad were a rudderless team
          I don't know if you are talking about what I wrote or the performance in general mate but I feel that those two in the middle are shockingly bad at doing their jobs.

Comment

Performance naz. Henry shadow of himself and on current viewing toszer not an improvement on what we had

We have so many midfielders but the midfield is our weakest link

Comment

With the formation having 2 holding midfielders in front of the defence, the is that we are a solid unit yet some how we are easier to penetrate than Kerry Farkin Katona.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Completely agree Nass, Henry and Toszer were awful tonight. Henry loves lumping it under no pressure.

Comment

Performance naz. Henry shadow of himself and on current viewing toszer not an improvement on what we had

We have so many midfielders but the midfield is our weakest link
                  Absolutely agree mate. Henry hasn't been the same this season and Toszer is too slow to work alongside Henry. Maybe he will look decent next to sandro but I wouldn't start him over Ale anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    With the formation having 2 holding midfielders in front of the defence, the is that we are a solid unit yet some how we are easier to penetrate than Kerry Farkin Katona.
                    They aren't even supposed to be that holding. They just need to win the ball back early and apply pressure on the opposition. These two can't apply any pressure because of how slow they are. Onuoha is left cleaning up their mess.

Comment

Nedum has been fantastic this season, however Rhodes done him like a kipper for their second.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishRanger View Post
                        Completely agree Nass, Henry and Toszer were awful tonight. Henry loves lumping it under no pressure.
                        When Fer Sandro and Ale are back fit these 2 won't get near the starting 11.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                          Nedum has been fantastic this season, however Rhodes done him like a kipper for their second.
                          Rhodes really played a blinder with that goal but can't put all the blame on ned for that. Was another class that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            When Fer Sandro and Ale are back fit these 2 won't get near the starting 11.
                            Can't wait for that. Finally an injection of pace into the most important area of the pitch for this style to work. I think CR is breeding this style into all the players so when we actually get some pace we can really hurt the opposition.

Comment

Ned might have got 8.8 but I reckon that was his worst game this season, sure he lost more headers than that
                              There no8 was leaping like a gazelle every time and winning the balls
                              Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X