How to test, gauge whether Mackie can fill RB role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test, gauge whether Mackie can fill RB role

A number of fans have commented on testing the idea of Mackie playing right back. Makes total sense to me, given his speed, his drive, and his ability to understand what forwards are thinking, about to do when they have the ball. For my two cents, would immediately coach and train him at RB on the under 21 team for the next month. If he passes the grade, would move him into RB and see, versus Perch, who's got the best game.

He's played RB in the past November 13th 2010 away at forest 0-0 draw

Comment

It's to late now, I thought he should have switched years ago, he was never a forward or winger.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Mackie at RB?! Really?!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Mackie actually mentioned it in an interview, he has played there before, not the worst idea in the world and after watching some of Perches crossing he cannot do any worse,seems to have the energy to fulfill the position as an attacking full back.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Mackie at RB?! Really?!
            seems madness to me. far too many people focusing on the fact that he would be a positive going forward, completely ignoring the fact that he will be part of the defense and therefor have to defend!

Would love to be proved wrong, but i suspect he will be responsible for a load of goals by being in the wrong position.

and before anyone else says it.....One game about 3 seasons ago at RB proves nothing!

Comment

I think he would be ideal and have said as much before on this board.

I cant remember which game it was but played RB in our Warnock promotion side when someone got sent off
              in a game at home he looked very capable then and I cant see him ignoring his defensive duties.

Has strength,pace and not bad in the air plus a huge heart

Comment

just getting him into the team will be a plus

Comment

Working...
                X