Ramsey's system doesn't work at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    think people have this mis-conception that playing 2 up front automatically makes you a more attacking side. If we played 2 up front, we have one less in midfield and given that we dont exactly control games possession wise with 3 in there, it can only get worse with 2.

Whats the point of having 2 up front if we don't ever get the ball to them. May be in the minority here, but think our system is fine and agree with above poster that Austin can be the 1 up top if given the right service.
    Have you ever felt we don't get the ball to Austin because he is on his own,ideally another forward with pace or good aerial ability would see Charlie score more
    goals and given our defensive frailties we need to do this.Do you ever fell comfortable when we are 2-0,3,0 up because I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Have you ever felt we don't get the ball to Austin because he is on his own,ideally another forward with pace or good aerial ability would see Charlie score more
      goals and given our defensive frailties we need to do this.Do you ever fell comfortable when we are 2-0,3,0 up because I don't.
      felt comfortable at 1-0 saturday to be honest. No doubt in my mind we would have seen it out.

I am only assuming here, but as you want 2 up top, do you want 2 in center mid? If so, i think it can be done if you have the right CM pairing, but in all honesty, i don't think any of our current CM are able to play in a 2. Not enough pace and energy for it to work. Would be cut open time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        felt comfortable at 1-0 saturday to be honest. No doubt in my mind we would have seen it out.

I am only assuming here, but as you want 2 up top, do you want 2 in center mid? If so, i think it can be done if you have the right CM pairing, but in all honesty, i don't think any of our current CM are able to play in a 2. Not enough pace and energy for it to work. Would be cut open time and time again.
        Not one team looking to control a match play with 2 centre mids. It doesn't work anymore unless you want to totally bypass the midfield. But doing that would be anti-football in effect.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Felt we conceded far too much possession on Saturday, particularly for a home game, we did the same v Rotherham in the first half. Forest did get lucky as once we took the lead we should have coasted home but to be fair to Freedman he had already made a significant change when they went a goal down by subbing his sub but Green then handed them the initiative to take the game. I don't like conceding so much possession at home and it is frustrating to watch which doesn't help with the atmosphere within the ground.

Comment

macko

It's alright playing one up front but why are we playing with two holding in midfield surly we have to be more adventurous at home

Comment

fact is we were outplayed and out passed in the 1st half . ramsey has to be able to see what is and what isn't working and have back up tactics , being so negative at home won't get the fans vocal . he needs to get hold of the likes of phillips and tell him to get involved more , if u the ball isn't coming your way go find it

Comment

Phillips needs a big size 9 up his backside, he ain't found his form yet, one cameo performance at Wolves ain't good enough
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  Phillips needs a big size 9 up his backside, he ain't found his form yet, one cameo performance at Wolves ain't good enough
                  Have to agree. Not sure if it was the talk about a prem move him, that he thinks he has that in the bank. but needs to do more than he currently is.

Comment

Working...
                  X