Ramsey's system doesn't work at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    "We played fine....." Please tell me where this other Loftus Rd is - I keep going to the wrong place. Sticking up for your team in the pub with mates who go elsewhere is one thing but, within our own four walls we can be honest. We were at best very poor yesterday. One of those classic 'played poorly but got the points'.........until Flapper played his part.
    Can't say I agree. I honestly don't think I expected us to concede before the Red. We looked solid and comfortable on the ball and off it but as soon as we go down to 10 men, we lost the chance to win.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Have to agree that we looked comfortable at 1-0 but it wasn't a great performance. Forest weren't great at all but neither were we

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        Have to agree that we looked comfortable at 1-0 but it wasn't a great performance. Forest weren't great at all but neither were we
        Exactly. We never really looked particularly threatened by them other than their constant elbow challenges.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We were crap and as for stats they are meaningless crap as well , you win or lose which means putting the ball in the back of the net. Do we fans watch a different game to our manager because it seems that everyone around me (including me) can see that every time Austin gets the ball he's totally isolated while the rest of the team look like subbuteo figures. Good teams may have 5 in midfield but we are not good so stat wise that's total shite and as for shots on target!! Unless they go in that's also meaningless crap so playing fine is bo** ocks unless you like losing like this

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Can't say I agree. I honestly don't think I expected us to concede before the Red. We looked solid and comfortable on the ball and off it but as soon as we go down to 10 men, we lost the chance to win.
            We were obviously watching different games then Nasser. I was never confident of winning the game even at 1-0. Thought we looked 2nd best for most of the 90 minutes!

Comment

I would still like to see Polter play alongside Austin, think that's guaranteed one goal a match at the least.

Comment

O'Grady v Austin........ The first was supported very quickly in attack where as Austin was often in acre's of space on his jack. Our midfield wasn't on song and it showed our weaknesses big time.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

The next three games are crucial in our seasons direction imho... Nine points will set us up... Five maintain our position.... Three or less then questions will arise!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    We were obviously watching different games then Nasser. I was never confident of winning the game even at 1-0. Thought we looked 2nd best for most of the 90 minutes!
                    We were terrible but forest were worse in our half, they could of played us for three days and wouldnt of scored just hoofing it up to that dirty big lump. Green cost us top of the table this weekend. Nobody else, charlie took us to the top, green knocked us off it. Hope he never plays again.

Comment

Agree with other comments that we looked comfortable. 11 v 11 they got in once and that was only due to Tozer and i think Nedum not tracking a runner. Nothing to do with System.

Thought we nullified them pretty well. If Chery and Phillips both have poor games like they did saturday, think we will always struggle to create, but again, i wouldn't knock the system for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gary56 View Post
                        We were crap and as for stats they are meaningless crap as well , you win or lose which means putting the ball in the back of the net. Do we fans watch a different game to our manager because it seems that everyone around me (including me) can see that every time Austin gets the ball he's totally isolated while the rest of the team look like subbuteo figures. Good teams may have 5 in midfield but we are not good so stat wise that's total shite and as for shots on target!! Unless they go in that's also meaningless crap so playing fine is bo** ocks unless you like losing like this
                        I would give a valid response but you wouldn't understand the facts put in front of you. Stats are the most important thing in this sport. They are the difference between signing a good player cheaply and an overrated player at overpriced value. As for the rest of your kind of ridiculous comment, understand the fact that there is a reason we didn't concede before green got sent off.

Comment

FYI, saw people calling out the stats from yesterday and this is related - they had 21 shots and we had only 9. Here is the thing, only 12 of those were anywhere near the goal or on target while 7 of ours were. Potshots shouldn't be considered and it is a flaw to judge a teams attacking quality on shots without looking deeper into them. Nottingham Forest were definitely not as good as us until the red. Very simply, that changed the game. No real ifs or buts about it, we played fine until we were forced onto the back foot by green.

Also Bill, 4231 does the exact opposite of what you said. Teams tend to be on the front foot with 5 in midfield as opposed to 4. Its why teams in italy play a 352 in general. To give them more tactical and possession control over the game.
                          Italy we don't play in Italy,two up front is what is needed show some intent.I really am mystified by your opinion, I don't know where you go on a Sat but you must be on some very good gear.
                          So Forest were not better than us first half give me a break.

Comment

I would give a valid response but you wouldn't understand the facts put in front of you. Stats are the most important thing in this sport. They are the difference between signing a good player cheaply and an overrated player at overpriced value. As for the rest of your kind of ridiculous comment, understand the fact that there is a reason we didn't concede before green got sent off.
                            Stats the most important thing in this sport............I am going to put you on ignore keep taking that gear

Comment

People say it doesnt work at home but Austin scored remember? - He can play the lone front man, he just needs the service. Something which he didnt get yesterday for most of the game.

We need to play to his feet rather than to his chest and around his head and neck. Angella seems to be able to pick a pass to Austin's feet so hopefully we see a lot more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Italy we don't play in Italy,two up front is what is needed show some intent.I really am mystified by your opinion, I don't know where you go on a Sat but you must be on some very good gear.
                                So Forest were not better than us first half give me a break.
                                think people have this mis-conception that playing 2 up front automatically makes you a more attacking side. If we played 2 up front, we have one less in midfield and given that we dont exactly control games possession wise with 3 in there, it can only get worse with 2.

Whats the point of having 2 up front if we don't ever get the ball to them. May be in the minority here, but think our system is fine and agree with above poster that Austin can be the 1 up top if given the right service.

Comment

Working...
                                X