We the fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We the fans...

I think we QPR fans tend to jump to extremes on the back of 1 or 2 results.

After losing 2-0 to Charlton (admittedly also taking last season into consideration) I feel we instantly decided Ramsey was out of his depth. Contrastingly a few wins against relativley weak sides and suddenly Ramsey and Ferdinand are the best thing to ever happen to the club. A loss against Forrest today has however scrutinised Ramsey and Les' position. As fans we need to give these people time and I mean a couple of seasons (providing our position in the championship isn't in peril).

This may not be fashionable but is it even in our interests to go up this year? Yes FFP dictates that we should be receiving premiership funding BUT at what cost? Is this squad strong enough to compete in the top level? Will Fernandes play his usual game of panic buy with big waged players only to go down again with more severe repercussions? I personally feel 2 or 3 years of building work, similar to Leicester on Stadium, training facilities, and a lasting developing squad before we go up is necessary to properly compete.

If we were to go up this season, play offs at best I feel is what we will achieve.

Agree with the waiting a couple of seasons BUT we have to play football not hoofball.
    Ramsey seems too set in his ways, which we all moaned about with harry

Comment

thats like saying i don't want us to win every week because i don't want us to go up because i don't think we're good enough to stay up...... then their is no point playing unless we compete to win every game

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
        Agree with the waiting a couple of seasons BUT we have to play football not hoofball.
        Ramsey seems too set in his ways, which we all moaned about with harry
        Especially the midfield we've got, should be keeping it on the deck.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorPower View Post
          Especially the midfield we've got, should be keeping it on the deck.
          Ramsey has to take the blame for the way he sets us up, and not finding the best 11 yet.

Comment

Prior to the red we were starting to play a bit of football. Had we done that when we went down a man instead of hoofing think we might have still nicked it

Comment

I hope Ramsey pulls it together, a steady manager that lasts more than two years is a rare commodity these days.

Still think he'll be gone at the turn of the year as we've won despite him, not because of him.

Comment

the way I see it is barring the greeno usual #### up (he maybe on the take) we prob would have one and this site would be all talk of promotional season ect but as I have been saying it is the performance s with the wins we have not dominated a game yet and we need to do it to stand a chance of going up imo think thos was a hick up caused by a seasoned pro making a howler (again)

Comment

Although Green's first touch and subsequent bringing down of O'Grady led to our defeat, just how many fuggin back passes to the keeper can you expect to make before an opportunistic striker with whippet like speed catches you out?

Comment

http://www.qpr.org.nz/
                    just seen this posted elsewhere seems the NZ lads were watching the game and know how to deal with being a QPR fan !

Comment

They're in the US as well, the suicide prevention not the New Zealanders that is.

Comment

lol that website, if it is a joke, was a lot of effort from someone for a pss take
                        Rangers Til I Die
                        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

The thing is that it happened against rotherham as well. Once we settle a bit, the moves we make are sublime. Some incredibly good football happens when we get settled into a game. The issue is that prior to that, nerves hit because we are being put under a lot more pressure than a lot of these players are used to.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                          X