Does Ramsay know how to play at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Like Forest have Freedman and Lennie Lawrence ! Was impressed with their tactics today they had us on back foot for a lot of the game pushing on our full backs. Then he subbed his sub whilst we brought on Gladwin ? CR definitely struggling with playing at LR sets us up as an away side.
    It was seeing those two deep in discussion, that made me think of it.
    Last edited by A Man Without A Clue; 12-09-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Konch I thought dealt with his man and did a good defensive job today. Perch I'm really not sure about.
      The loan window is open now isn't it?...Go and loan a rb and another striker Les fcs

Comment

What was the squad doing during the international break?

Comment

Originally posted by Discodroid
          We have some golden nuggets in the side negated by absolute road kill such as Konchesky, Perch and henry.They really are the sum of all ####.

Im no fan of Konchesky early days for perch and all that, but i will never ever understand the tangible end product of Karl Henrys presence In the team .Particularly at home.Quite simply a Vestigial organ , like the human tail bone or appendix. As pointless as Gary tibbs in Roxy music .

Please Mr Ramsey, do not pick this placebo ever again.
          I thought Gary Tibbs was quite stylish. Karl Henry, not so much.

Comment

Get of CRs back. We came out all guns blazing in the second half and really looked like we could put 2 or 3 past them. I 100% completly blame Green and Green only thats final, it had nothing to do with Crs 'poor management' nor did it have anything to with Konch and Perch (however some of those crosses by Perch were appualing) and it also had nothing to do with Herny who yeah made some mistakes and could have been better but he wasnt the problem GREEN WAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
              Get of CRs back. We came out all guns blazing in the second half and really looked like we could put 2 or 3 past them. I 100% completly blame Green and Green only thats final, it had nothing to do with Crs 'poor management' nor did it have anything to with Konch and Perch (however some of those crosses by Perch were appualing) and it also had nothing to do with Herny who yeah made some mistakes and could have been better but he wasnt the problem GREEN WAS.
              You seem to be overlooking the fact that we could quite easily have been 2-0 down at half time had it not been for sloppy finishing. Theres no good coming out 'all guns blazing' if you consistantly underperform in the first half is there ? The game lasts 90 minutes not 45 and in the first half yesterday we were absolute rat ####. Lets have it right we were only marginally better in the second half. This is a constant theme with rangers and against a better side yesterday wed have been out of it by half time. The players don't seem to have a clue how to retain possesion and setting up with two holding midfielders and one striker at home is a joke. Forests two centre halves were giving charlie nothing at all until his goal but even then he had to create the chance for himself such was the reluctance of the other 'attacking' players to get involved. Phillips for example was once again completely annonomous . Perch is spacially unaware of whats happening and wasted a good chnace to knock the ball accross goal at the other end. The midfield was conjested making it an horrific game entertainment wise . What happened to the free flowing attacking football that CR bleats on about ? I accept that there will be a 'gelling' period but at the very least the intent should be there, all i saw was players constantly giving the ball away and looking thoroughly frustrated with it all. Where was the tactical changes? Could have gone 2 up top and brought JET on. Would certainly have helped charlie and maybe have won us the game. When we went down to 10 men why didn't we shore things up and frustrate forest instead of letting them come at us. As others have said WTF has the team been doing for the last 2 weeks? Weve been quite fortunate this season so far to be honest. 2 of the goals at wolves were easliy preventable and down to #### goalkeeping. Rotherham at home we done our best to throw it away . Cardiff and Chaz's goal could easily have been chalked off . IMHO we need to see a vast improvement on wednesday, our squad is on paper at least top 6 and with fer and sandra top 2 . Being outpassed and outplayed by a very average forest side at home is not acceptable in my books and improvements must be made. Roll on wednesday COYRS

Comment

I thought we were poor in the middle of the park yesterday. Considering we had 3 in there and were the home side, I really think we should have bossed the game more. Henry has worked his socks off for the last couple of seasons but for me he needs to sit it out for a while. Tozser was disappointing in his debut for me, hopefully there is more to come from him. Get Sandro back in there for the next game for me.

My other big gripe is the way we folded with 10 men. Should have shut up shop, 2 banks of 4 and Austin up top, hung onto a point.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 13-09-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Even other fans see that Ramsey is not up to it. I was speaking to my Leicester friend last week and I said we have a team that should finish in the top 6 and his response to me is you need a manager with the experience and know how at this level. He could see us noting doing as a poor manager can lose so many points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    Good managing it definitely won the game for them
                    Nonsense, Green's error won them the game, I thought we were poor in the first half, but so were Forest, ignore the stats, what I saw was Forest passing sideways and backwards and creating little bar the one on one and us winning the ball back quite easily in our half and wasting many opportunities with long crosses beyond the far post, over Charlie with no one on the end, but still more threatening than them.
                    In the second half we didn't sit back as much and looked the only team who was going to score, and when we did felt if things continued as they were we'd have got another or two despite them subbing a sub.
                    I agree after the red card we lost the plot.

Comment

I was sitting thinking about this at the game when we went to pieces after the pen

The answer I came up with is its a team of strangers they don't know each other and as result don't know each others strengths and who they can trust example Toszer gave back pass green first half which he miss controlled and made a hash of At Watford its a pass he trusts his keeper with with Green however he plays it and whole ground has hearts in their mouth because we know how a pass back to him can end up

Over half team yesterday were new even players off bench were new so to some extent I get why it looks like hard work out there as they don't know each other. Only way round it is hard work on training pitch day in day out

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        You seem to be overlooking the fact that we could quite easily have been 2-0 down at half time had it not been for sloppy finishing. Theres no good coming out 'all guns blazing' if you consistantly underperform in the first half is there ? The game lasts 90 minutes not 45 and in the first half yesterday we were absolute rat ####. Lets have it right we were only marginally better in the second half. This is a constant theme with rangers and against a better side yesterday wed have been out of it by half time. The players don't seem to have a clue how to retain possesion and setting up with two holding midfielders and one striker at home is a joke. Forests two centre halves were giving charlie nothing at all until his goal but even then he had to create the chance for himself such was the reluctance of the other 'attacking' players to get involved. Phillips for example was once again completely annonomous . Perch is spacially unaware of whats happening and wasted a good chnace to knock the ball accross goal at the other end. The midfield was conjested making it an horrific game entertainment wise . What happened to the free flowing attacking football that CR bleats on about ? I accept that there will be a 'gelling' period but at the very least the intent should be there, all i saw was players constantly giving the ball away and looking thoroughly frustrated with it all. Where was the tactical changes? Could have gone 2 up top and brought JET on. Would certainly have helped charlie and maybe have won us the game. When we went down to 10 men why didn't we shore things up and frustrate forest instead of letting them come at us. As others have said WTF has the team been doing for the last 2 weeks? Weve been quite fortunate this season so far to be honest. 2 of the goals at wolves were easliy preventable and down to #### goalkeeping. Rotherham at home we done our best to throw it away . Cardiff and Chaz's goal could easily have been chalked off . IMHO we need to see a vast improvement on wednesday, our squad is on paper at least top 6 and with fer and sandra top 2 . Being outpassed and outplayed by a very average forest side at home is not acceptable in my books and improvements must be made. Roll on wednesday COYRS
                        How right you are.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          I was sitting thinking about this at the game when we went to pieces after the pen

The answer I came up with is its a team of strangers they don't know each other and as result don't know each others strengths and who they can trust example Toszer gave back pass green first half which he miss controlled and made a hash of At Watford its a pass he trusts his keeper with with Green however he plays it and whole ground has hearts in their mouth because we know how a pass back to him can end up

Over half team yesterday were new even players off bench were new so to some extent I get why it looks like hard work out there as they don't know each other. Only way round it is hard work on training pitch day in day out
                          Forest had new players in their side yesterday they passed to each other ok so I don't accept that as a excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                            As the pain of defeat sinks in the biggest worry for me isn't Green's howler. These things happen in every game ( ok maybe not quite that bad) but teams react to it with changes of tactic. We seemed literally clueless and leaderless. The stats show that we barely threatened them for most of the game. Seems to me that our best performances in the Ramsay era have all been away. Do we have the opposite problem to when Harry was in charge?
                            I havent read all this thread but the first two post are good, Forest came to attack, we are set up as a counter attacking team, that might not work at home, Mr Ramsey needs to think this through, what we can't have is a change of system after six games like we did last season after spending all pre season buying players to fit this system, remember last season?

I think at home we need to push Chery closer to Austin, I took my kids with me yesterday so didn't really see the game, lol, in between putting kinder eggs pieces together I got the impression Austin was feeding on scrapes.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                              I havent read all this thread but the first two post are good, Forest came to attack, we are set up as a counter attacking team, that might not work at home, Mr Ramsey needs to think this through, what we can't have is a change of system after six games like we did last season after spending all pre season buying players to fit this system, remember last season?

I think at home we need to push Chery closer to Austin, I took my kids with me yesterday so didn't really see the game, lol, in between putting kinder eggs pieces together I got the impression Austin was feeding on scrapes.
                              Have I read this right we cant have a change of system after 6 games ?
                              You got the quite right impression C A was feeding on scraps that surely tells you the system isn't working and if it's not working then it's time to change it , after 6 games we are still playing crap football that has been papered over by the odd spasmodic flash of good football and some descent results ,
                              Well how long are you prepared to wait for a change? yesterday was dire ! is the system to complicated for this squad to understand or does Ramsey find it difficult to get it across to his players , everybody is of the opinion that this is very strong squad of players yet still don't seem to be able to play team , how long will fans be happy to carry on spending money or see their season tickets wasted on watching the crap that is being served up believing it's going to get better given time

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                                If you are appointing a novice, maybe we should have had an older head as his number 2, not another novice? Just a thought.
                                That's actually not a bad shout, Freedman at Forest has Lennie Lawrence
                                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
                                X