Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we deal with today, tomorrow, this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we deal with today, tomorrow, this season?

In the preseason all we heard was how we needed a long-term rebuilding process. Translation: mid table or worse in the league this season. Then, we romped into the international break with three wins, a tremendous transfer window result, and a squad that on paper looks VERY competitive. Translation: we can actually compete for promotion. Then we see a game like today, where our effort was generally uninspiring, and where one mistake reminded every Rangers fan of the indescribable heartache of seeing ANOTHER late game swoon. Translation: no one knows what to expect, what they should expect, what they deserve to expect, moving forward. Any suggestions?

A lot variables. Get Sandro and Fer playing, keep Faurlin fit, keep Austin in Jan, it is still possible. But just as both times we got relegated from the Premier League there seemed to be three sides worse than us on paper, so again we are punching below our weight. There have been huge changes and injuries but it is frustrating that half a dozen games into the season we have yet to really gel. More worryingly still, there often seems a lack of passion/ fight - with 10 men today we just gave up.

More positively the new defender will give us confidence/ composure/ competence at the back, Luongo gets better and better and those missing players should be back soon, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      A lot variables. Get Sandro and Fer playing, keep Faurlin fit, keep Austin in Jan, it is still possible. But just as both times we got relegated from the Premier League there seemed to be three sides worse than us on paper, so again we are punching below our weight. There have been huge changes and injuries but it is frustrating that half a dozen games into the season we have yet to really gel. More worryingly still, there often seems a lack of passion/ fight - with 10 men today we just gave up.

More positively the new defender will give us confidence/ composure/ competence at the back, Luongo gets better and better and those missing players should be back soon, surely.
      Couldn't agree more.

We are tantalizingly close to having a very good season; but the missing elements are obvious, and the question marks many.

Comment

We got some very good players bar gladwin but most not interested. that showed today,go down to 10 and the heads drop with no fight at all.kin joke for the paying punters
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Good point van, cos i thought to myself all night last night if we were 1-0 down at Forest and their keeper got sent off with a little while to go, would we have the minerals to steam on and win the match? I do doubt it..

Comment

Top 2 would be amazing but I think top 6 is more realistic. And I've never seen a team in the top 6 go the entire season unbeaten or have bad performances. Even when we won the damn thing, we got tonked 4-1 by Scunthorpe.

Patience is key but as we all know, football fans in general never ever look at the bigger picture. So my suggestion is keep the faith and try and to keep the meltdowns to a minimum.

Comment

Are we still forgetting the come back at Wolves, this was just a bad day at the office.

Comment

The one word that separates us, or almost any team for that matter seeking promotion to the PL, is "character". It's a hard thing to recruit, and an even harder thing to muster unless the coach inspires it and the players respond to it.

Comment

For my two peneth worth, I feel we are lacking a real leader.
                  Yesterday not once did I see any player geeing anyone up...ffs even on a Sunday morning over the park I have seen more drive, commitment and passion than I did yesterday.
                  We need a Barton/Hill type player on the pitch getting in our players faces and putting some fire in their bellies, Forest simply looked more up for it than us.

Comment

Up until Greenos #### up... I thought we were fairly comfortable.

The lad who came on for them added the threat that they lacked... But with 11 v 11, I still think we had the points.

Forest got a bit of luck and took their chance... That's all....it's not that bad....

Comment

[QUOTE=SM3 Ranger;1466372]For my two peneth worth, I feel we are lacking a real leader.
                      Yesterday not once did I see any player geeing anyone up...ffs even on a Sunday morning over the park I have seen more drive, commitment and passion than I did yesterday.
                      We need a Barton/Hill type player on the pitch getting in our players faces and putting some fire in their bellies, Forest simply looked more up for it than us.[/QUOTE/]

That´s why I liked the look of the Angella. He seemed like a very vocal type.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Maybe it's just my more American perspective on sports, but when a team has players who are pumped up and inspire those around them, the whole level of team play picks up. Maybe Angella becomes that kind of leader on defense (love the Chief but he's not an overly vocal dude on the field vs a Clint Hill or a Joey Barton). This is why players like Henry, while adequate, are buzz killers on a squad looking for some emotional juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                          Maybe it's just my more American perspective on sports, but when a team has players who are pumped up and inspire those around them, the whole level of team play picks up. Maybe Angella becomes that kind of leader on defense (love the Chief but he's not an overly vocal dude on the field vs a Clint Hill or a Joey Barton). This is why players like Henry, while adequate, are buzz killers on a squad looking for some emotional juice.
                          I agree with what you say.......but that was the most 'American' post I have ever read.....

Comment

Working...
                          X