No announcement yet.

Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long has the back pass rule been there in football? I don't want to slate Rob Green because I am sure he feels bad enough without everyone piling in to criticise him online but I do find it bizarre that so many keepers in the modern game are still terrified of the ball. Think they should be given extra training playing as a defender, to teach them how to use their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      How long has the back pass rule been there in football? I don't want to slate Rob Green because I am sure he feels bad enough without everyone piling in to criticise him online but I do find it bizarre that so many keepers in the modern game are still terrified of the ball. Think they should be given extra training playing as a defender, to teach them how to use their feet.
      Again I agree.....time must be spent controlling the ball.

Comment

I think Green is a s hit goalkeeper been saying it since last season. He is an error waiting to happen. His kicking is shocking two kicks first half straight out for throws, one kick he feel over again and did you see how he had to dive on the ball when they gave it back to him from drop ball cause he never had confidence or ability to control it.

He is t urd so good thread Hits as this calamity in goal needs discussing

As for the goal first error was Nedum not dealing with it. He should never have given it back to Green and dealt with it himself but for crying out loud what the f uck was Green doing what prat controls the ball on his knees or did I imagine that?????? His bleeding knees

For those that defend this #### turn it in as a keeper who is unable to kick is a recipe for disaster and his kicking is now costing us points far to often

Comment

No brainer we should off kept McCarthy and dropped green to number 2
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            Would not even have him as number 2 Harry

Would rather have a shadow in goal then this prat

Comment

Utter calamity from him on this one. He is good for 2-3 a season. Regardless, he's not above being made a point of. When the ban is over he needs to ride the bench for a game or 2.

Notice a few on here already throwing Smithies under the bus. He spent his entire career at 1 club, a small northern club at that. Now he's playing for a far bigger club, backing up an international in London with much bigger players. Hard for a young keeper to come in and settle immediately. A few games and saves will see him right. Get behind him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                Whilst smithies doesn't look great green must not start again this season
                🙈🙈🙈 oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  Fully agree.

For Ramsey to excuse Green by saying he's saved us more points than he's cost us is a complete red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Fully agree.

For Ramsey to excuse Green by saying he's saved us more points than he's cost us is a complete red herring.
                    It's not even true for every great save we could probably come up with an error

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Yeh, it's Onuohas fault our keeper can't kick the ball.

Yeh, coz it always has to bounce 4 times before it goes back to the keeper.

Green absolutely messed up and made a terrible mistake, as I said, but from my seat looked like Chief should have got rid of it far early. Must have looked different on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I think Green is a s hit goalkeeper been saying it since last season. He is an error waiting to happen. His kicking is shocking two kicks first half straight out for throws, one kick he feel over again and did you see how he had to dive on the ball when they gave it back to him from drop ball cause he never had confidence or ability to control it.

He is t urd so good thread Hits as this calamity in goal needs discussing

As for the goal first error was Nedum not dealing with it. He should never have given it back to Green and dealt with it himself but for crying out loud what the f uck was Green doing what prat controls the ball on his knees or did I imagine that?????? His bleeding knees

For those that defend this #### turn it in as a keeper who is unable to kick is a recipe for disaster and his kicking is now costing us points far to often
                        So he's a sh*t kicker of a ball.....GK's should be able to kick a ball I agree, but imo a gk isn't a sh*t all-round keeper because he can't kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Fully agree.

Come on Stanley, what do you expect him to say. I'll bet he ain't excused him behind the dressing room door

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                            Yeh, coz it always has to bounce 4 times before it goes back to the keeper.

Green absolutely messed up and made a terrible mistake, as I said, but from my seat looked like Chief should have got rid of it far early. Must have looked different on TV.
                            Rubbish Ram yes Nedum should have done better but he had plenty of time to deal with ball once it went back to him but he screwed up control then pulled the guy down.

He clearly cannot kick or control a football its plain as day we all know it and he knows it so just do it easy when ball comes back just put it out for a throw don't try doing what you know your not capable of.

Jeez he would have been better just picking back pass up and giving away an indirect free kick

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              he has done the impossible and cost us two goals yet again, this time without being on the pitch.
                              After that awful game and dispiriting result, this made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                So he's a sh*t kicker of a ball.....GK's should be able to kick a ball I agree, but imo a gk isn't a sh*t all-round keeper because he can't kick.
                                For me Dave he is as he don't even do the other basics well. All he has in his locker is he's a shot stopper but suerly that basic expectation of any keeper??? What about catching, distrbution, commanding the area and punching?? He lacks in all those areas and there all things you expect keeper to be competent in

Said before Good shot stopper yes no argument Good Goalkeeper no chance not even close

Comment

Working...
                                X