Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Last paragraph a tad OTT west? I'd tend to go the other way and say it's great save after save in recent years with the odd error thrown in? I know given Saturday's calamity fresh In the mind it's easy to forget the good stuff, but last year (Chelsea goal aside!!) he was brilliant for us and kept us in god knows how many games.
    He made good saves matty granted that's all he's good at but he made way more errors which lead to goals other then Chelsea. Everton away x2 hull away Spurs at home arguably Southampton away that's off top of my head

Plus that error against WBA few seasons back was what an amateur does not supposed international keeper

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      He made good saves matty granted that's all he's good at but he made way more errors which lead to goals other then Chelsea. Everton away x2 hull away Spurs at home arguably Southampton away that's off top of my head

Plus that error against WBA few seasons back was what an amateur does not supposed international keeper
      Not a good time for discussing this and I do tend to agree with Matty. I work with some right lazy basta rds. If you don't do anything it's not always a bad thing because you can't make any mistakes and because it's a big company they go unnoticed. Green had the most shots at him last year and was one of our better players. Made plenty of decent saves. His kicking should be better and no excuse from that but I don't see this Huddersfield keeper being the answer. Green would of saved that little tame effort near post. The lad has a chance to prove me wrong but green is still the best shot stopper in the league
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Just dont understand why he brought their player down. Give the goal away, forget about it then it is 1-1 and 11 v 11
        It's instinct. If you miscontrol the ball it's pretty much any players natural instinct to rectify it.

Comment

• Personally cannot wait until we replace Green and concentrate on the long term. A liability for me and although all keepers make mistakes he is proving to be very consistent when it comes to a gaffe. I'm all about the fresh start in goal, and it should of happened with Alex McCarthy.

Comment

• For those saying he don't make that many errors that lead to goals at the end of last season they confirmed he made more errors then any other keeper in prem that resulted in a goal. Not knocking he pulls off great saves as he does but then that's his job, what's the point in pulling off great saves if you going to follow it up with a mistake which ends in a goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Just dont understand why he brought their player down.
              cos he's a fcking idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Not a good time for discussing this and I do tend to agree with Matty. I work with some right lazy basta rds. If you don't do anything it's not always a bad thing because you can't make any mistakes and because it's a big company they go unnoticed. Green had the most shots at him last year and was one of our better players. Made plenty of decent saves. His kicking should be better and no excuse from that but I don't see this Huddersfield keeper being the answer. Green would of saved that little tame effort near post. The lad has a chance to prove me wrong but green is still the best shot stopper in the league
                Smithies is a decent keeper , he just needs to settle in & find his form , he was brought in to put pressure on Green, so fairs fair after a fck up like that he needs to be given a run of games, I am praying for a good performance from him & a clean sheet Wednesday .

Comment

• Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                  Smithies is a decent keeper , he just needs to settle in & find his form , he was brought in to put pressure on Green, so fairs fair after a fck up like that he needs to be given a run of games, I am praying for a good performance from him & a clean sheet Wednesday .
                  Agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Personally cannot wait until we replace Green and concentrate on the long term. A liability for me and although all keepers make mistakes he is proving to be very consistent when it comes to a gaffe. I'm all about the fresh start in goal, and it should of happened with Alex McCarthy.
                    As much as I like Green I do agree that it would have been a good time to look to future this summer, Green would have gone out a fans favourite and we could have replaced him with a real promising keeper (ie Bentley!!) which would have coincided perfectly with this "new approach" we have adopted. Shame really as I can see us being in the same situation (ie looking for a decent young keeper) again next June if Smithie doesn't quite turn out as planned.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      As much as I like Green I do agree that it would have been a good time to look to future this summer, Green would have gone out a fans favourite and we could have replaced him with a real promising keeper (ie Bentley!!) which would have coincided perfectly with this "new approach" we have adopted. Shame really as I can see us being in the same situation (ie looking for a decent young keeper) again next June if Smithie doesn't quite turn out as planned.
                      Agreed and pretty damn pathetic if that does happen after having one of the best young keepers in the country signed to us and not given a fair chance.

Comment

• Do you reckon mccarthy would of stayed in the championship with us if he was playing then and ripped up his prem get put clause he insisted on having?
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 15-09-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Do you reckon would of stayed in the championship with us if he was playing then and ripped up his prem get put clause he insisted on having?
                          I think if he was installed as our concrete number one keeper it would of most certainly helped in him wanting to stay. Also I'm not so sure Palace or anyone else would of been so eager to get him had he been our number 1. Pardew must of thought what a waste and AM must of thought sod this.

Comment

• Yeah would of helped our cause if he was playing I reckon but then if he was and went and we got lumbered back with calamity green we would of been well pished off!

Comment

Working...
                            X