Would promotion be so bad now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Water under the bridge, what a ridiculous statement. You're just waiting for the next slip up so you can bash tony again. Fact is it was only Brighton and myself that were upset when he employed harry but still don't you let facts stand in your way!
    If opportunity and thread arises then YES I will state my opinions about TF. Its not a ridiculous statement either, Les is cleaning up TF's mess and if he FULLY does so like he is CURRENTLY doing so, then water under the bridge is exactly what it is!

I don't understand your point about Harry?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
      think we should be looking at play off's still. Obviously keeping Austin and the others is massive for us, but all it takes is Austin to be out for a month or two and people will be panicking that we can score again. Would snap your hand off for 6th right now.
      I can see the attraction of beating Derby at Wembley again. That would be very funny indeed.

Bet they bring flags this time, if it happens.

Comment

i'm not gonna get too carried away.
        We got 41 games left in this Championship roller coaster ride, which I'm gonna hopefully enjoy.
        A bit previous to debate how this squad will cope next season in the Prem, especially as it's only just been finalised (barring outgoing loans). One step at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          I can see the attraction of beating Derby at Wembley again. That would be very funny indeed.

Bet they bring flags this time, if it happens.
          I can picture it already.

Comment

the situation we have ended up in I believe was not planned. The only plan I think that was planned was not to be mugged off by other teams trying to get our players cheap. How wonderful things have turned out. It has lifted my spirits.

Comment

I've changed my view now that we've kept our best players. We should be competing for playoffs at least with the squad we have.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I've changed my view now that we've kept our best players. We should be competing for playoffs at least with the squad we have.
                And you believe one year is enough to rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  After last season a lot of posters here were hoping we would stabilize ourselves in the Championship and not try to get promoted. What do you think today? Would a promotion be so bad?
                  I think the earlier we get promoted the better it is for the club. No need to do things slowly IMO.
                  I haven't read all of this thread but I believe this squad would have stayed up last season.
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    And you believe one year is enough to rebuild?
                    Nope, not at all. But look at our squad. Is that not a squad that should at least be in the top 6?
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Promotion would be brilliant. But keep this squad together this time. No more Bartons or SWP's.

Comment

Barton and SWP in the same sentence. I think 1 of those lads can feel fully aggrieved
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Barton and SWP in the same sentence. I think 1 of those lads can feel fully aggrieved
                          I mean superstars on massive wedge weare.

Comment

Promotion is the best thing that can happen for us, the financial gulf between the Prem & Championship is only going to grow and we seem to have learned from the mistakes of Harry's reign.

The rebuilding job TF, Ramsey Les & co. have talked of, based on producing academy players, will take 5 or more years regardless but it'll be a lot easier if we've got PL money coming in.

Comment

Have to finish top 2 in the Championship with games to go to have a chance of staying in the PL in my opinion. Long way to go before this squad proves it is at that level but getting through that window and the release of all the uncertainty can only push us onwards and upwards.

Comment

Currently, my brain can't cope with what will happen after 41 games. We just got out of a nail-biter of a transfer window, and on paper we have a promotion squad, but I'm still taking the games one at a time.

The fact that we now seem to have a great deal of rightsorts in the squad as well an impressive arsenal of offensive firepower, makes me extra excited for each game.

Tis will be the season, where I go to LR and see my R's for the first time, and I'll bring my 8 year old lad for sure.
                                QPR since 1993
                                WATRB since 2015
                                First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X