Would promotion be so bad now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would promotion be so bad now?

After last season a lot of posters here were hoping we would stabilize ourselves in the Championship and not try to get promoted. What do you think today? Would a promotion be so bad?
    I think the earlier we get promoted the better it is for the club. No need to do things slowly IMO.

I think it all depends which players we hang on to.
    The squad looks strong enough to get promotion I think and could go on to have a reasonable shot at Premier survival but if we lose one to two we'd probably struggle again.
    Long way to go yet, lets see how we settle and push on over the next 5/6 weeks. International break is a good opportunity for the new guys to further gel and maybe, just maybe, it'll be an enjoyable season. Fingers crossed!
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Of course it would not be bad.
      It would be frigging amazing!
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        After last season a lot of posters here were hoping we would stabilize ourselves in the Championship and not try to get promoted. What do you think today? Would a promotion be so bad?
        I think the earlier we get promoted the better it is for the club. No need to do things slowly IMO.
        The thing is if we don`t get promoted now ,we will definately lose the decent players weve got ,and then have to rebuild from scratch ,yet again
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

That's the aim isn't it, to win the league/promotion, if we do go up great, let's try not make mistakes we have made in the last 3 seasons in the PL. keep within the budget we can't lose, it's a money spinner.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

My Burnley mate said if they get Nolan they will win the league. I think we have a better team but Nolan and Barton is one hell of a partnership
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Promotion is good
              R's

Comment

As others have said, this squad is probably better than the one we got relegated with which should have survived, it's a long season and lots can go wrong so I'm going to wait and see before I speculate on our Premier League survival chances!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Of course it would not be bad.
                  It would be frigging amazing!
                  Yes but people said we should play our youngsters and rebuild next 4-5 years.

Comment

Promotion is always good

Comment

Gotta be aiming for the top. Nothing else. Its what's it all about.

Comment

I think with the signings we've made and the players we have retained, I now see no reason why promotion would not be a bad idea.

A truly remarkable overhaul by Ruben, Les and Chris in the space of a few months.

Comment

Yes but people said we should play our youngsters and rebuild next 4-5 years.
                          I would have been happy with that but it looks like Ramsey is going down another road.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            I think with the signings we've made and the players we have retained, I now see no reason why promotion would not be a bad idea.

A truly remarkable overhaul by Ruben, Les and Chris in the space of a few months.
                            Think you forgot Uncle T.?
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Tim if we can get past January without the press and media disrupting the squad I think we will have a stabilized squad , far more stabilized than we have had for the last 4 years anyhow

Comment

Working...
                              X