Complacency is now our biggest enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complacency is now our biggest enemy

We have a strong squad but this is a very tough league and teams will be up for it when they play us.

We need to be sure we go into every match prepared to fight for every ball and earn the points the hard way. If we for one second start to think we are so good that we will win just by showing up, things are going to go pear shaped in a hurry. CR needs to drum this into the team all season, starting right now.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

We've got some wonderful players..... One game at a time and all that.

Comment

I don't think it's a tough league at all. It's just a line we all like to use but reality is it's a massive come down from premier league standard. All the games I have seen of the championship on sky have been dire.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree, we can't get complacent In this league and think we can walk every game, just knuckle down do basic defending and let the boys in midfield and charlie do the rest
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          We have a strong squad but this is a very tough league and teams will be up for it when they play us.

We need to be sure we go into every match prepared to fight for every ball and earn the points the hard way. If we for one second start to think we are so good that we will win just by showing up, things are going to go pear shaped in a hurry. CR needs to drum this into the team all season, starting right now.
          Agree, I would have taken them away for a week and drum this into them.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Well we, as fans, can start by not cranking the expectations up so high. Charlie Austin doesn't guarantee promotion – Blackburn had two strikers on 20+ goals last season and they're still schlepping to Loftus Road on Wednesday week. Nor does Phillips, Green, etc etc etc. Plenty of great squads have failed in the Championship before.

Just look at our 2010/11 side. A standard top-half / playoffs team, plus Adel, plus perfect setup and organisation. That team finished ahead of better squads then and more organised and consistent teams will outdo us this time round too.

So yeah demand exciting football and lots of goals. But don't go apesh|t every time we don't win.

Comment

Yeah right, first defeat" Ramsey got all these players and is f@?£in git up, get rid of him and his mate Les"

These guys did well to creat an environment where these players didn't spit the dummy!
              Kept the faith!

Comment

I agree complacency is our biggest enemy because imo we have the best squid and starting 11 in the league and tbh I haven't see a championship team this strong on paper since Newcastle.

With that in mind the league is unforgiving so the players have to want it. What I like is we have players who are young and hungry and want premiership football again.

They know if they knuckle down and play to their ability they will be orem league players next year.

We also have healthy competition for places which is great.

Comment

Steady. Steady as she goes...... Am happy, but am not inhaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Steady. Steady as she goes...... Am happy, but am not inhaling.
                    I am inhaling. Big time
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I don't think it's a tough league at all. It's just a line we all like to use but reality is it's a massive come down from premier league standard. All the games I have seen of the championship on sky have been dire.
                      Just because the football is not good to watch doesn't mean the teams in this league are easy to beat, right? It's still competitive and a real grind. You don't only need the skill but also the character to tough it out. Plenty of teams who've come down and couldn't hack it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        I am inhaling. Big time

Comment

Working...
                        X