Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations

So, IF Charlie, Matty, Leroy and Sandro all stay.....then with the signings we've made, and those players we've ditched....surely we have (comfortably) a better squad than we did last year in the Prem?

That surely must mean that Ramsay is going to be under a fair bit of pressure, as surely, on paper (though we all know by know how dangerous *that* statement is!), we should be strongly challenging for automatic promotion right? Or am I getting carried away.

Certainly, we'd need to be making the most of those assets while they are here though, and that must surely mean more than 'a period of consolidation' we were all formerly expecting?

Interesting times (again!).

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
    So, IF Charlie, Matty, Leroy and Sandro all stay.....then with the signings we've made, and those players we've ditched....surely we have (comfortably) a better squad than we did last year in the Prem?

That surely must mean that Ramsay is going to be under a fair bit of pressure, as surely, on paper (though we all know by know how dangerous *that* statement is!), we should be strongly challenging for automatic promotion right? Or am I getting carried away.

Certainly, we'd need to be making the most of those assets while they are here though, and that must surely mean more than 'a period of consolidation' we were all formerly expecting?

Think thats a fair enough comment. not going to let myself think about anything moving forward until that window shuts though.

Comment

In all fairness, with no changes, our squad would be even better than Redknapp had in the Championship so we should be looking at automatic, let alone a play-off spot. So anything less would represent failure in my opinion.

Having said that, I can't see us getting through the day without losing a good player or two.

Comment

I will let you know about 6.05 mate
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Over the years I have learnt that expectations are often overstated at Rangers especially by some fans so therefore take a lot more cautious view.

Comment

IF the squad remains unchanged, then with best striker in the league, top 6 should be the target.

Comment

Could not agree more with these comments. We have strong enough squad to challenge for automatic promotion.

Comment

If the squad remains unchanged come 6pm, it would be a failure not to get promoted IMO.

I felt we would struggle this year (just below midtable) but I was thinking we would have no Austin, Phillips, Fer, and didn't sign Chery. If all are here at 18:01 today not getting promoted would be criminal for me.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  If the squad remains unchanged come 6pm, it would be a failure not to get promoted IMO.

I felt we would struggle this year (just below midtable) but I was thinking we would have no Austin, Phillips, Fer, and didn't sign Chery. If all are here at 18:01 today not getting promoted would be criminal for me.
                  THIS!!

Was certain Austin/Fer/Phillips/Sandro would ALL be gone this window, and that a midd table finish would be a very realistic finishing position. But if by some miracle we keep hold of them I'd honestly be pissed if we dont get promoted.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

we would have the best striker, best midfield, but we need a decent lawyer coz the defence is crap
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

With hardly any real movement this could be our best transfer window ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                        we would have the best striker, best midfield, but we need a decent lawyer coz the defence is crap
                        Get angella in and it looks very mid to top half of the table, especially with Yun Back. Only player there I'm not thinking is promotion level is Perch and I have a feeling he will prove me wrong in the long run.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

if no one goes (not Traore or Hoilett, they can do one) and we add Angella, I can safely say we have come out of this rather well
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Get angella in and it looks very mid to top half of the table, especially with Yun Back. Only player there I'm not thinking is promotion level is Perch and I have a feeling he will prove me wrong in the long run.
                            how long does a medical take, i want this lad to, plz pop up in yellow soon on SSN
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              "Very mid to top half, but the only player not at promotion level might be Perch"

not sure that statement makes total sense ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X