With window shutting at 6pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With window shutting at 6pm

At what time do we say it's now to late for a player to leave us if the balls are not already in motion

I would guess unless their is a bid on table by 3pm it's to late to negotiate and do Medicals etc etc so hoping if no offers for Austin etc by then then their not off

There are bound to be offers ,,,, 18 goals in prem, English, 26, oh they will come I'm afraid,,

Spurs is my guess but Bournemouth cud have the leverage due to locale but possibly not a big enough club for him

Comment

But what time is to late to make an offer and tie up deal

For me unless clubs make offers by very latest 3pm were home and dry God willing

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        But what time is to late to make an offer and tie up deal

For me unless clubs make offers by very latest 3pm were home and dry God willing
        I have to admit I am not clued up on the dtails of how these things work (ie can a deal be done penidng a medical the next day?) but I would guess that unless a bid is received & accepted before 2pm it wouldn't be feasible to get the deal done in time? Going to be a nervy 5 hours or so that's for sure.... Our season's outcome almost hinges on it really, keep Austin & Phillips and we are in for a real shout of a play off spot, lose them both & we will be very average and sit around 13th or so IMO.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I would guess 3ish if it is Bournemouth (or WBA for Philips) maybe a bit later for London clubs. Remember when we re-signed Stevie Wicks from Palace and it was all done in the last hour - think he had to run from White City tube station to get to the ground in time.

Of course just because we don't know it is happening not to say something is not already in train behind the scenes.

Comment

I'm with you guys 3pm is the golden hour after that fresh bids will be very difficult to complete on

Comment

When its midnight they still sign players at five to twelve, why would a six pm finish be any different?
              Odiwingee was outside our gaff in his range at about ten at night so how. was he going to do a medical etc in that time.
              Pretty sure they can sign till the last second with medical permitting.

Comment

It ain't over till that sweaty jockstrap sings!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  When its midnight they still sign players at five to twelve, why would a six pm finish be any different?
                  Odiwingee was outside our gaff in his range at about ten at night so how. was he going to do a medical etc in that time.
                  You're right. In fact, I don't even think the medical has to take place before the deadline, as that is at the club's discretion (or at the very least can be rushed through). All that required is that all of the agreements / contracts are signed and e-mailed to the FA or Football League.
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 01-09-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Yes but an offer is not made 5mins before deadline we debating in theory when is it to late to get a deal done. Suggestion is need minimum of three hours

Comment

Dont think the medical has to be done before the actual signing (never used to be). Could infact be done the next day, but its more of an insurance if you like for the club making the signing.... At least that 'was' the case, could well be mandatory now(?)
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Yes but an offer is not made 5mins before deadline we debating in theory when is it to late to get a deal done. Suggestion is need minimum of three hours
                        Wishful thinking mate. Its 6pm and right up to the last minute of 6pm.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...ct-duo-to-stay

It's from McIntyre,but anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                            Angella loan to a permanent move. Like that.

Comment

Wasnt there talk of Austin being given a new improved contract? Has he even been given the option of 1, or was the plan to wait until end of transfer window?
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X